Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Radio intermitment play  (Read 1062 times)

pkl

• Elite CVO Member
Radio intermitment play
« on: June 12, 2011, 06:32:44 AM »

I have a strange question for you tech guys.  I have a Garmin 660, XM radio and Iphone. The GPS and Iphone were bluetoothed. Rode to Memphis from Brandon, Ms. on Saturday. Temp near 100. On the trip back the radio started dropping the sound(signal bars were full). I would go several miles with sound then it would drop for several seconds up to 30 seconds or so. Thought my radio was going bad. No calls were coming in and no destination set. Phone volume on radio was high. Turned off GPS and bluetooth on phone and radio played fine last 2 hrs. Any suggestions?

bissjim

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Radio intermitment play
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 06:49:33 AM »

If you have a Navigation Interface Module (NIM) it may be triggering when it is not supposed to. When this hapens your sound will go away. This is a reported problem with the NIM. Turning off the GPS will deactivate the NIM, no GPS input to the NIM, no radio interrupt.

Jim
Ride It Like You Are Retired

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 10:19:20 PM »

Just think.......the guys/gals that get the new ones ('12s) won't have these radio problems..........'cause they won't have radios.  :zroflmao: har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

pkl

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 06:16:05 AM »

I wonder if I can get in on the $750. Since I posted I have ridden a couple of times with no problem. Guess the technology was trying to take over.

JMJOHN

• JMJOHN
  • Vendor
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 02:27:35 PM »

is there any "real" truth to the rumors that Harley is going to try and release 2012 bagger bikes WITHOUT radios ?? ,,,,

if that is true, that program is going to go over with even less success than a lead ballon staying airborn sailing along at 12.546m ASL, without properly adjusted Ruderons ,,, what in the world can they be thinking ? ,,,,
JMJOHN ,,, John@Jmcorp.com ,,,,

J&M Corporation CVO Member Discount

canucktm

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 04:32:05 PM »

plk I wonder if you are having the same problem I was . Worked great and all of a sudden it would cut out for 5 secs up to 20 or so secs. Have you noticed problems more in the city not so much out in the country ? If so it could be radio transmissions at construction sites , road repair sites . I wish I had the proper fix but it had to do with the intercom setting which cuts out the stereo when you are talking . I have never used the damb things however I must have activated it by mistake and repair crews etc when the were using their two ways was being picked up and cutting out the stereo. The dealer deactivated it and no problem since.

pkl

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 06:23:50 AM »

No construction, on weekend, wide open interstate. Think it was communication links(bluetooth) etc. Thanks

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 25 queries.