Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: Best Riding Boot 2015  (Read 29478 times)

Cross threaded

• 2015 CVO Street Glide
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
Best Riding Boot 2015
« on: April 29, 2015, 11:44:22 PM »

I've been looking at buying myself a new pair of riding boots. There are so many to choose from and being that it's been more than 5 years since I've bought a pair of riding boots, I was going to ask for everyones opinion on their favorite riding boots.

I've been looking at:
HD Men's FXRG-3 Performance Boots $254
HD Men's Riddick Performance Boots $182
Ridge 9000 Men's Ultimate Zipper Boot $110

Boots last me for years, so I have to try to make sure it's going to be the right boot. Thanks
Hard Candy Mercury/Smokey Quartz Flames
Screamin' Eagle 110
Rinehart True Duals
Rinehart 4" exhaust with Black tips
Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner
Yaffe Originals CVO Stealth III Plate Cover
OEM Chrome Inner Primary
OEM Chrome Starter
OEM Chrome Belt Guard
OEM Chrome Shift Linkage
OEM Chrome Motor Mount
OEM Chrome Motor Mount Linkage
OEM Chrome Fairing Vent
OEM Chrome Passanger Back Rest & CVO Pad
OEM Chrome Saddlebag Latches

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Best Riding Boot 2015
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 11:58:29 PM »

This has been beat to death on this forum.  The search feature is your friend.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=35421.0
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 12:06:31 AM »

I have been through a ton over the years with probably 6 different pairs in my closet now but a friend of  mine turned me onto Daytona Road star GTX's about 6 months ago and they are absolutely in a class of their own. They are not cheap but these are worth every penny IMO. My only regret is that I didnt know about these boots long ago before I bought all the others (1 for when I would be walking a lot, cold weather, hot weather, etc..). I read about these boots on another forum a couple of years ago but couldnt get my head around the price at that time until my buddy started going nuts over his (kinda like I am now) and he is what you would call "frugal" if not flat out cheap. I figured if he spent the money on them and wasnt whining about the price they had to be something special and they definitely are. Comfort off the chart right out of the box and everything else that goes along with a MC boot. Sometimes the da-- Germans just "nail it"..
Alan

Cross threaded

• 2015 CVO Street Glide
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 10:58:16 AM »

This has been beat to death on this forum.  The search feature is your friend.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=35421.0

I did do a search and couldn't find anything current. The link to that thread was started 6 years ago almost to the day. I would hope that the boot making technology has changed but maybe not. Thanks, I'll have a read…
Screamin' Eagle 110
Rinehart True Duals
OEM Chrome Inner Primary
OEM Chrome Starter
OEM Chrome Belt Guard
OEM Chrome Shift Linkage
OEM Chrome Motor Mount
OEM Chrome Fairing Vent

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 11:59:04 AM »

You are correct and I stand to be corrected.....all the boot topics are old.  And when I said "it's been beat to death" I didn't mean that the way it may have been construed.  I apologize if it was taken wrong.

There's a reason law enforcement and fire fighters wear Original Swat....super lightweight, super comfortable, excellent traction and your feet stay dry even when you're standing in water.

The down side.....because the inner and outter soles are so soft, they wear out in a year.

The up side....at $85 a pair on Amazon and for this kind of comfort you can afford to replace them yearly.  :2vrolijk_21:

I suggest, for your first pair, go with the Original Swat 9" Classic side zip.  For winter time you may want to look at the Original Swat 9" Tactical (they're also side zip).
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Cross threaded

• 2015 CVO Street Glide
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 01:13:28 PM »

Thank you Sir for the recommendation. I just ordered a pair of H.A.W.K. Original S.W.A.T. 9” WP Side-Zip. I can't wait to try them out.
Screamin' Eagle 110
Rinehart True Duals
OEM Chrome Inner Primary
OEM Chrome Starter
OEM Chrome Belt Guard
OEM Chrome Shift Linkage
OEM Chrome Motor Mount
OEM Chrome Fairing Vent

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 03:15:22 PM »

You are correct and I stand to be corrected.....all the boot topics are old.  And when I said "it's been beat to death" I didn't mean that the way it may have been construed.  I apologize if it was taken wrong.

There's a reason law enforcement and fire fighters wear Original Swat....super lightweight, super comfortable, excellent traction and your feet stay dry even when you're standing in water.

The down side.....because the inner and outter soles are so soft, they wear out in a year.

The up side....at $85 a pair on Amazon and for this kind of comfort you can afford to replace them yearly.  :2vrolijk_21:

I suggest, for your first pair, go with the Original Swat 9" Classic side zip.  For winter time you may want to look at the Original Swat 9" Tactical (they're also side zip).

By chance do they offer a lugged sole for us short bastards?

Jesse

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Cross threaded

• 2015 CVO Street Glide
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 08:18:11 PM »

Screamin' Eagle 110
Rinehart True Duals
OEM Chrome Inner Primary
OEM Chrome Starter
OEM Chrome Belt Guard
OEM Chrome Shift Linkage
OEM Chrome Motor Mount
OEM Chrome Fairing Vent

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 08:25:57 PM »

By chance do they offer a lugged sole for us short bastards?

Jesse
You need to look into a set or Redwing Lineman boots for that. Waterproof, comfy and they wear like iron. I have a winter pair (insulated) and a summer pair (non insulated) that I work in every day and ride in all the time. Both pairs are over 3 years old and still holding up just fine although I'll probably have my winter set resoled this summer as I've finally wore the lugs done beyond my comfort zone for working outside. The leather on them is still in great shape.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 08:30:53 PM »

Bought a pair of these at the end of 2009 HD Men's FXRG-3 Performance Boots.

They did come out with an FXRG-5 but did not stay on the market long.

Last year I wore out my FXRG-3, over 100,000 miles on them.  The boots actually are still good, most the sole worn, they just let my feet get wet.  But it was just over 5 years before they let my feet get wet. 

So I bought the new HD Men's FXRG-3 Performance Boots.

Yep, I really like them. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 10:40:59 PM »

Crossthreaded.....I'm not familiar with the model of OS, so can't speak to that particular boot.

Jswere.....the OS Classic 9" side zip has a lugged sole and that coupled with the softer rubber compound is what makes  their traction so good (I've hiked in the mountains, climed huge boulders, etc. with relative ease).

I have two pair.....the black leather for evenings and weekends and the tan suede (some people mistake them for military boots) for work because they match my khaki dockers better.  Here's a couple pics of the black boots that I've been wearing for a couple months.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 10:41:42 PM »

another view

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 10:42:58 PM »

last one

West Coast GTG   

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2015, 06:34:05 AM »

Crossthreaded.....I'm not familiar with the model of OS, so can't speak to that particular boot.

Jswere.....the OS Classic 9" side zip has a lugged sole and that coupled with the softer rubber compound is what makes  their traction so good (I've hiked in the mountains, climed huge boulders, etc. with relative ease).

I have two pair.....the black leather for evenings and weekends and the tan suede (some people mistake them for military boots) for work because they match my khaki dockers better.  Here's a couple pics of the black boots that I've been wearing for a couple months.

What the hell JC you work? I thought you just traveled the country on that beautiful scooter  :nixweiss:

:D
Jesse

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2015, 10:02:29 AM »

Well, let's just say I put my time in.  As for "work".....I have a reputation to keep up around here.

Here's a link to our newest project..350 units....about 3/4 finished....  http://broadstonecorsair.com/
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 10:05:01 AM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2015, 12:38:51 AM »

Well, let's just say I put my time in.  As for "work".....I have a reputation to keep up around here.

Here's a link to our newest project..350 units....about 3/4 finished....  http://broadstonecorsair.com/
That place looks terrific!
Alan

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2015, 04:09:36 AM »

A lot of good boots on the market.  I like GoreTex boots, I hate wet feet.  Some I've tried:

Daytona Roadstar GTX
Sidi Canyon

Cowboy
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Heavy Fuel

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 Deluxe
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 04:35:33 PM »

I have a pair of Alt-Berg Boots - Hogg all weather microlite, a little pricey but well worth it in my opinion. Have a look around their website and you will understand the work that goes into the boots whether Motorcycle boots, walking or military!

They are based in North Yorkshire, England. If anyone finds themselves in the area then they are well worth a look!

GSPLewie

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NE

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 - Big Red
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2015, 07:26:42 PM »

I have the HD Riddick's. Love them.

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2015, 09:33:28 AM »

Red Wings
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

ultrarider123

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2015, 10:13:11 AM »

I've commented on boots before (in some of those old threads referenced by JC.... :) ).  For me, motorcycle boots just don't make the cut.  Most of us want good, comfortable, sturdy riding boots that also make good walkers when we reach our destination.  Most actual riding boots don't fit both.  I've had a pair of Rockys for over 25 years that are STILL warm, comfortable, waterproof and in pretty decent shape.  Great riders and comfortable for any kind of walking after the ride.
I did semi-retire them last Summer for a pair of FXRG's.  These had been sitting on a sale table at K'ville HD West for about 3 months and in my size.  I got them for a song ($65).  Wore them most of last Summer but I wasn't happy with the fit/comfort and was going back to the Rockys.  Plus, I have the same height challenge that Jesse has....the sole on the new FXRG's just didn't compare to the soles on my 25 year old Rockys.
Three months ago I purchased these:  Ariat Workhog Pull-ons
http://www.ariat.com/men-work-footwear-work_boots#prefn1=All_Weather_Filter&prefv1=Waterproof
After three months or riding/walking/working in them, I'm sold and haven't put the Rockys on since.  Great riders, good thick soles/heels, actually waterproof.  I'm looking forward to many miles (riding and walking) in these.  The FXRG pair?  Gone....although the Rockys are still on the shelf ready to go at any time... ;D

What I and others have stated right out or by giving other examples, don't just focus on "motorcycle" boots.  There are many options out there and I suggest trying any boot in the store and walking around in them for at least 30 minutes or longer.  If you order on the devilnet, make sure they have a very good return policy... :2vrolijk_21:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2015, 10:33:16 AM »

Three months ago I purchased these:  Ariat Workhog Pull-ons
http://www.ariat.com/men-work-footwear-work_boots#prefn1=All_Weather_Filter&prefv1=Waterproof
After three months or riding/walking/working in them, I'm sold and haven't put the Rockys on since.  Great riders, good thick soles/heels, actually waterproof.  I'm looking forward to many miles (riding and walking) in these.  The FXRG pair?  Gone....although the Rockys are still on the shelf ready to go at any time... ;D

Howard, thanks for the suggestion. Looking for boots is challenging enough without trying to find a comfortable boot that also makes you taller. I will check into these.

Jesse

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2015, 02:58:26 PM »

The Swat boots I ended up with were the short ones cause you gotta have some skinny legs to wear the regular height. :huepfenlol2: And I wore them way beyond worn out.

RK1679

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2015, 10:53:29 AM »

The SWAT boots are great.  Mine have stayed absolutely dry in the rain.  I'll buy another pair when these wear out!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2015, 05:04:39 PM »

The Swat boots I ended up with were the short ones cause you gotta have some skinny legs to wear the regular height. :huepfenlol2: And I wore them way beyond worn out.

Did you get the 6" version? Did they fit true to size?

Jesse

RK1679

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2015, 06:34:06 PM »

I got the 6" version and yes they run true to size

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2015, 08:32:04 PM »

I was in the same spot and did much researching online. I also liked the swat boots, but ended up going with the Chippewa 92400 boots. Love them. And can walk in them comfortably when off the bike. I wore them a few times during the winter at work to help break them and they were comfortable all day long. And I am on my feet all day. Great vibram soles as well.

During my google searches, I found a guy who did a ton of research on riding boots. Tried them based on his recommendation and they have not dis-appointed

-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2015, 10:20:23 PM »

I got the 6" version and yes they run true to size

Thank you  :2vrolijk_21:

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2015, 06:22:25 AM »

The 9" Original Swat Boots for confort and very light weight I would get them again for sure.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 05:15:31 AM by D-N-D »
DND

Cross threaded

• 2015 CVO Street Glide
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2015, 06:43:30 PM »

This is the boot I bought.

http://www.originalswat.com/us_en/product-h-a-w-k-9-waterproof-side-zip-en-black.html

The boots have arived and I can't wait to put them to the test. (H.A.W.K. Original S.W.A.T. 9” WP Side-Zip). I'll use them all summer and spring logging thousands of miles, then I will see if I fell the same way about the boots. Fell great and look really good to; It will be late fall before the full verdict is in!
Screamin' Eagle 110
Rinehart True Duals
OEM Chrome Inner Primary
OEM Chrome Starter
OEM Chrome Belt Guard
OEM Chrome Shift Linkage
OEM Chrome Motor Mount
OEM Chrome Fairing Vent

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2015, 06:55:56 PM »

I'm curious to hear your feedback on the Original Swat HAWK.  I've only ever got the 9" Classic Side Zip as well as the 9" Tactical Side Zip.  Never even heard of the HAWK until you mentioned them.

The Classic is much more comfortable than the Tactical in my opinion although even the Tactical is very comfortable.

West Coast GTG   

jimharvey1

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2015, 07:48:47 PM »

http://www.leatherup.com/mp/Xelement-Boots/Xelement-Mens-Black-Xelement-Assassin-Biker-Boots/41796.html

Can't beat the price and these are the absolutely most comfortable boot I've ever owned.  They hold up really well and break in ai about an hour of wearing them.  Especially if you oil them up really well.  Ive owned 3 sets and wear mine to work every day.  I'm a trucker.)  Enter the code 55636 for 10% off your entire order.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2015, 09:41:47 PM »

http://www.leatherup.com/mp/Xelement-Boots/Xelement-Mens-Black-Xelement-Assassin-Biker-Boots/41796.html

Can't beat the price and these are the absolutely most comfortable boot I've ever owned.  They hold up really well and break in ai about an hour of wearing them.  Especially if you oil them up really well.  Ive owned 3 sets and wear mine to work every day.  I'm a trucker.)  Enter the code 55636 for 10% off your entire order.

Link does not work.

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

DND

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2015, 05:54:15 PM »

Ok - just to add fuel to the fire here. Just bought my 2nd pair of SWAT boots. Tried on almost all the styles they had. They seem to differ in size from style to style. Went in for the 9" classic side zip but ended up with the 9" classic waterproof. I was trying to be lazy and avoid the laces but the comfort out weighed the exercise. However he did say they are all water resistant but the water proof boots you could stand right in the water. So we know who can be jumping in the puddles!!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2015, 06:03:53 PM »

Ok - just to add fuel to the fire here. Just bought my 2nd pair of SWAT boots. Tried on almost all the styles they had. They seem to differ in size from style to style. Went in for the 9" classic side zip but ended up with the 9" classic waterproof. I was trying to be lazy and avoid the laces but the comfort out weighed the exercise. However he did say they are all water resistant but the water proof boots you could stand right in the water. So we know who can be jumping in the puddles!!

Careful, you'll end up like me.....four pair of Original Swat boots in the closet.  OK, this is coming from somebody that has nerve damage in one foot so as far as I'm concerned I've had some comfortable boots before the OS....several mentioned by others above.  But once I stepped into a pair of OS I quickly realized that there's another level of comfort that I had no knowledge of.

So now I have a pair of the 9" Tacticle Side Zip for snow play or if I know I'm going to be in deep water.  I have a pair of khaki colored 9" Classic side zip to go with my khakis at work.  I have a pair of black 9" Classic Side Zip that the lugs are worn off of......that I wear around the house or kickin it in the yard and I have a second pair of newer 9" Classic Side Zip in black that I use when riding (just for the sure traction at stops, etc.).

The 9" Tacticle Side Zip are water proof all the way to the top.....even if you're standing in water.  The 9" Classic Side Zip are waterproof only up to the part that's canvas.....so just walking through small puddles (even riding in light showers) the feet stay dry.  Downpours.....well, I hope I brought the Tacticles.  :P

West Coast GTG   

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2015, 09:24:42 PM »

There were 2 of their reps in the store when I was there. I should have mentioned how many pairs the group has been purchasing......... its time to get them in the Group Buy Category I think. Sounds like your a share holder JC!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2015, 09:46:07 PM »

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2015, 11:02:50 PM »

Dayton Boot Company in Vancouver BC. Excellent boots, pricey, grew up wearing Black Beauties and have had a pair of Engineers for 15 years now. They are heavy and not meant to walk that far but have done many miles of walking in them. It seems every celeb that comes to town has to have a pair now.
http://www.daytonboots.com/collections/men/biker-boots?gender=men

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2015, 06:35:45 AM »

Dayton Boot Company, Good Looking Boot !!!!
DND

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2015, 10:24:42 AM »

There were 2 of their reps in the store when I was there. I should have mentioned how many pairs the group has been purchasing......... its time to get them in the Group Buy Category I think. Sounds like your a share holder JC!

Yea, I have my share.  :nervous:

West Coast GTG   

ultrarider123

« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2015, 10:36:58 AM »

Dayton Boot Company, Good Looking Boot !!!!

For $500 or so a pair, they dang well should look good and come with a valet to help you on with them prior to every ride... :2vrolijk_21:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2015, 11:07:28 AM »

For $500 or so a pair, they dang well should look good and come with a valet to help you on with them prior to every ride... :2vrolijk_21:

Hory sheet!

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2015, 11:49:21 AM »

For $500 a pair, they should come with a happy ending.    :coolblue:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Bromebe

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2001 CVO FXDWG2 Switchblade
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2015, 02:02:00 PM »

I was getting into the Horse beating post until I see you guys are looking for boots to wear to the Hamptons!

"Charles! come he man, help me put my boots on"!

I'm just fine with my HD zip up boots that I've already broken the laces on shifting up

they sure were Purdie thou!
2013 CVO Screaning Eagle Road King - Big Blue
2001 CVO  Switchblade - Flash (sold)

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2015, 05:12:45 PM »

I've read so much of you guys just carrying on about the O.S. boots that I went ahead and ordered some. I needed Safety Toe for work and side zip for ease of use.
I couldn't find them for any cheaper than this deal:
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2015, 05:40:24 PM »

I've read so much of you guys just carrying on about the O.S. boots that I went ahead and ordered some. I needed Safety Toe for work and side zip for ease of use.
I couldn't find them for any cheaper than this deal:

Extra wide!  Oh boy!  ;D

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2015, 05:41:26 PM »

Interesting.  When I bought my Tactical boot they were all leather and of course waterproof.....the closest thing I can see that matches mine are the Chase but not quite the same.  They have way more models of boots now than they did five years ago.

Of course the most comfortable, in my opinion, is the Classic.  Their web site says it's still there #1 seller.  For those that might be interested here's the website...then go to ebay or amazon to buy cheaper    http://www.originalswat.com/us_en/products/by-feature.html

By the way, for what it's worth.....my Tactical OS fit just a bit more snug than my Classic OS in the same size.  Make sure that you're buying from someplace that has free return/trade size.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 05:43:03 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

tvanhuisen

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2015, 06:38:09 PM »

I bought a great pair of riding boots (shoes?) recently that are quite a bit different than the boots mentioned in this thread but I thought I would mention them for people looking for another good alternative. They are the TCX X-Wraps. Here is what I like about them:
  • CE Certified
  • Armored on the ankles inside and out/reinforced toes and heels
  • Super comfortable for walking around off the bike
  • Great style. Look like sneakers under my jeans.
  • Waterproof
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 06:59:35 PM by tvanhuisen »

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2015, 07:31:07 PM »

I bought a great pair of riding boots (shoes?) recently that are quite a bit different than the boots mentioned in this thread but I thought I would mention them for people looking for another good alternative. They are the TCX X-Wraps. Here is what I like about them:
  • CE Certified
  • Armored on the ankles inside and out/reinforced toes and heels
  • Super comfortable for walking around off the bike
  • Great style. Look like sneakers under my jeans.
  • Waterproof

They look comfy but I have to have a lugged sole to help me get flat footed. Short people problems  :nixweiss:

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2015, 04:37:18 PM »

Another vote for the Original SWAT boots! They are very comfortable, and I am one who has a bit of trouble with his feet, so that's saying something. Nearly two months of use, including 3100 miles on the MV trip. We got caught in VERY heavy rain out of Vicksburg (rain suits on) and not having to deal with boot gaitors was a pleasure and my feet remained perfectly dry.
While in MV, I got caught in a sudden downpour while NOT wearing rain gear and I got fairly soaked. I'm here to tell you that "waterproof" works both ways. Water does not pass through these in either direction(!)

2010FLHTCUSE5

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2015, 07:47:37 PM »

I have two pair of high dollar motorcycle riding boots and I find myself always going for these.  Great comfort, waterproof and they last forever.  Had my first pair for 15 years and just bought a new pair.  I found them on sale for 140. 

http://www.vasque.com/USD/product/mens-footwear/backpacking/st-elias-gtx-slate-brn-belug-07160

Cowboy

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2015, 01:29:23 PM »

I have worn nothing but boots of various kinds for years now never wearing any kind of shoes UNTIL the other day. It was forecasted to be near 100 degrees and it was a short ride so I put a pair of tennis shoes that have not worn on the street much less the bike. Within one mile all I could feel was cool air on my feet. They felt good all day and my feet have never felt that good on a bike. If helmets are ventilated for air flow why can't footwear?

I know it ain't safe and all that chit but i am tired of suffering in the summer with boots that are to hot. Oh and I am sure is is a fashion crime to not wear black boots on a Harley. BTW I was on the new 57 Chevy blue Indian Vintage and the blue shoes matched. What do i care about water proof on a day ride?

Any one have some nice summer footwear that is breathable?

Dejad

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2010 Ultra Classic CVO
« Reply #53 on: September 19, 2015, 06:36:45 AM »

After spending a considerable amount of time looking at boots I picked up a pair of these last night. I'm hoping to try them out this evening if the rain clears out. I was referred to these boots by a member of the local chapter of an MC (met him at work when I asked him about his boots) who says he has been wearing these boots for 30 years and will continue to wear them. All day, on his feet, he wears these riding boots. He told me his feet don't get hot, sweaty or stinky. I believe it has to do with the Vitalize Insole. I hope I am half as happy with mine as he is with his. 
http://www.doublehboots.com/Product?stockNo=4008
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 06:42:13 AM by Dejad »

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2015, 01:06:48 PM »

Like all of us, I've had many pairs over the years. 
These Rocky's are my favorites so far.
Model #2173 8" zip up boots.  They have real leather uppers, breath nice around the ankles but are still warm enough for cold weather riding, great soles for slick footing situations, and great ankle support.  Plus they are lightweight and have a very nice insole and heavy duty zippers.  They are nicely padded inside, plus shifting up doesn't bother your toes in these.  I think I paid around $120 for them at a Gander Mountain, and would buy them again unless I found something better for under $150 or so.
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

VRODDAVE

• Senior CVO Member
  • Semper fi 73-77

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE ANV
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE - Crashed 7/31/2015. May she rest in pease
    • CVO3: 2003 VROD - sold
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2015, 06:08:59 PM »

This is the boot I bought.

http://www.originalswat.com/us_en/product-h-a-w-k-9-waterproof-side-zip-en-black.html
I

For what ever it's worth, I bought a pair of these HAWK boots off eBay at a discount a few months back. It turns out when they got here the 11 1/2 size fit like a 11. I sent them back and ordered a 12 and those arrived with one still too small, and the other one fit like a glove. So I guess what I'm saying is that the sizes are inconsistent. And because I bought them off eBay instead of directly from original swat they would not make it right.    Best to buy from original swat or someplace where you can try them on first. 
2018 FLHTKSE ANV
Dominator prewired meathooks 10" (Nice, but shoulda got the 12's)
Dynojet Power Vision
GTS Radio upgrade
AG ATX-30-HD lithium battery
CoolFlow fan
Alloyboltz 12 point G8
INNOVV K2 X 2 DVR 4 Camera
AIM Clutch Slave

DOCGSS

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

• CVO1: 2020 CVO STREET GLIDE
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2015, 02:50:37 AM »

been riding for over 50 years. The value of real motorcycle boots with good non slip soles and CE protection cannot be overlooked. Currently for touring I wear Dianese Nighthawk Gore Tex Boots. They are one of the few boot makers that use Skywalker soles THE best non slip motorcycle sole. Skywalker only makes boot soles. For everyday riding the best boot for me is ICON Tarmac II CE boots. They are all day comfortable to walk in, no laces, self snugging,  and are simply great riding boots.

Stay safe.

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2013 Road King
    • HVAC
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2015, 01:25:37 PM »

I wear only the harley boots. The orange on the soles and the Harley logos serve to always remind me of my uncanny ability to be suckered into buying damned near anything and paying twice what it is worth.

firehog383

• Junior CVO Member
    • WA

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2015, 06:54:19 PM »

Where are they made?

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2015, 06:51:32 PM »

I wear only the harley boots. The orange on the soles and the Harley logos serve to always remind me of my uncanny ability to be suckered into buying damned near anything and paying twice what it is worth.
:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2015, 10:47:18 PM »

I bought a pair of Original SWAT 9 inch side zipper extra wide about 2 years or so ago at the Outer Banks rally. Light weight, waterproof, and comfortable. Really comfortable!
Did I say they are comfortable?  :)
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2015, 08:48:52 AM »

I bought a pair of Original SWAT 9 inch side zipper extra wide about 2 years or so ago at the Outer Banks rally. Light weight, waterproof, and comfortable. Really comfortable!
Did I say they are comfortable?  :)
Mike
 :drink:

Same for me (posted above) comfy.
The only things I think are lacking with these are the shift lever scuffs the toe too easily and i wish there was "some" ankle protection.

2010FLHTCUSE5

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2015, 11:39:34 AM »

Same for me (posted above) comfy.
The only things I think are lacking with these are the shift lever scuffs the toe too easily and i wish there was "some" ankle protection.

A few years ago...ok, a lot of years ago....the MoCo designed a heel shifter to protect the toe of your boots.  :P

West Coast GTG   

Bobs14Limited

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2015, 09:19:20 PM »

A few years ago...ok, a lot of years ago....the MoCo designed a heel shifter to protect the toe of your boots.  :P

Problem is, many don't know how to properly use the heel shifter. To me, it's one of the best features of the touring bikes from Harley.

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2015, 11:33:23 AM »

(obviously) I'm not a fan of heel shifters. I think it's just a lazy thing. I can operate the toe shifter by just rotating my ankle without ever taking any weight off of it. Using the heel shifter would mean that I'd have to lift my fat old leg up, and I don't feel like it.

And.. I don't HAVE to.

But I've owned many many boots. Most of them don't get torn up by the rubber shifter pad.

2010FLHTCUSE5

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2015, 12:43:07 PM »

(obviously) I'm not a fan of heel shifters. I think it's just a lazy thing. I can operate the toe shifter by just rotating my ankle without ever taking any weight off of it. Using the heel shifter would mean that I'd have to lift my fat old leg up, and I don't feel like it.

And.. I don't HAVE to.

But I've owned many many boots. Most of them don't get torn up by the rubber shifter pad.

The trick is to lower your heel shifter so it's just one spline above the floorboard.  That way you don't have to lift your foot....just lift your heel and pivot and waaaalaaaa.  :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2015, 09:18:09 PM »

The trick is to lower your heel shifter so it's just one spline above the floorboard.  That way you don't have to lift your foot....just lift your heel and pivot and waaaalaaaa.  :2vrolijk_21:
Yep, thats what I do, move it down as low as possible, then I do the same with the toe, lower it so barley have to lift toes to down shift!
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2015, 09:55:45 PM »

My waterproof Tourmaster's have a patch sewn on the LH boot. I only wear these during the wet season but tend to take them with me on long trips.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 10:17:46 PM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

skycat

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: Silver/Black 2015 Street Glide.
« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2015, 06:33:21 AM »

The best boots i have come across in many years are the BMW Allround boots. I am sick of the heavy clunky Harley boots they are more about image than support and comfit.
I have all the best Harley riding gear money can buy, there boots are average at best.
As for the heal shift lever that went in the bin when i got home from the dealer. I remember vividly sitting at the traffic lights and putting my foot back on the running board and hitting the heal lever causing the bike to jump forward and stall, very embarrassing and dangerous. Heal shifters are for postie bikes not my bikes. ;)
Maybe i have spent to many years on Buells LOL
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 07:03:25 AM by skycat »
2015 CVO Street Glide, not as good as it should be, Working on that it just needs time, like a good wine.
2010 Buell 1125R, my favorite blaster.
2003 Harley FXDL 100th Anniversary, a little gem.
1975 Suzuki RE5 Rotary 1200km as new.
2012 Suzuki GSX1250FA the perfect Hack. Awesome Bike

Cross threaded

• 2015 CVO Street Glide
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2015, 06:55:01 PM »

Problem is, many don't know how to properly use the heel shifter. To me, it's one of the best features of the touring bikes from Harley.

Heel / Toe is the only way to go..
Screamin' Eagle 110
Rinehart True Duals
OEM Chrome Inner Primary
OEM Chrome Starter
OEM Chrome Belt Guard
OEM Chrome Shift Linkage
OEM Chrome Motor Mount
OEM Chrome Fairing Vent

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2015, 05:00:49 PM »

Yep, thats what I do, move it down as low as possible, then I do the same with the toe, lower it so barley have to lift toes to down shift!
And if you get extended length levers it frees up all your footboard. My heel shift lever is so low I just move my foot back and press down.  Ditto on the front like you said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2015, 05:03:56 PM »

Heel / Toe is the only way to go..

Not even with 'not large' feet would I have a heal shifter.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2015, 09:00:54 PM »

I'm with you Dayne.  Heel shifters don't work great with cowboy boots!

It's the first thing I remove when I buy a new bike.

Cowboy

Cross threaded

• 2015 CVO Street Glide
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2015, 10:39:52 PM »

I must backup and say "for me" it's the only way to go. As a rider who has been using the heel toe shifter since I bought my first Harly, a 1972 Sportster with a Right side shifter, I would not go back to the toe only shifter unless I bought a sport type bike.

Screamin' Eagle 110
Rinehart True Duals
OEM Chrome Inner Primary
OEM Chrome Starter
OEM Chrome Belt Guard
OEM Chrome Shift Linkage
OEM Chrome Motor Mount
OEM Chrome Fairing Vent

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2015, 05:50:35 PM »

I find it really interesting to see just how many people are set in their ways regarding the shifting. It's worse than the "oil issue". 
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2015, 06:22:37 PM »

And this thread is about best riding boots. :D

Road Dad

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - 117 CU
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2015, 08:03:23 PM »

The reason is not protection. It's a compromise to be able to chase down perps and kicks ass. This is in no way a booth that offers good protection in a crash. It's a compromise and if that's what you wnat that's great.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2015, 08:53:31 AM »

http://www.511tactical.com/atac-storm-boot.html

5.11 atac-storm is an alternative to the swat brand.

Been wearing for last 6 years with no issues.....the knife pocket is a nice feature also.

Dejad

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2010 Ultra Classic CVO
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2015, 07:24:20 AM »

The best $89 dollar Harness boots you'll ever buy...
http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Motorcycle-Boots/Xelement-1443-Mens-Motorcycle-Harness-Biker-Boot-with-Lug-Sole/42057.html

I bought these as well and I like them as much as the $220 Double H Harness boots I mentioned above.

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2015, 06:28:33 PM »

https://www.denniskirk.com/cruiserworks/tour-medium-width-boots.p3572186.prd/357218610.sku

Not cheap but there half price currently I've ridden with them for years nice to walk around in, no lacing up, they slip on easy and waterproof. You can have them resoled at Resole America for $70.00 when the time comes.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2015, 10:04:12 PM »

I've been looking at these:  White's Boots handmade in Spokane, WA

http://www.whitesboots.com/images/detailed/6/Whites_Engineer_MB9165V_Rt.jpg

Cowboy
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 10:05:43 PM by CowboyBagger »

dp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2016, 09:58:10 PM »

I've been looking at these:  White's Boots handmade in Spokane, WA

http://www.whitesboots.com/images/detailed/6/Whites_Engineer_MB9165V_Rt.jpg

Cowboy

Look like Wesco's I bought a couple months ago. Well made, but takes a while to break them in.
2013 CVO Roadglide

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2016, 05:40:58 PM »

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7155/6675783185_e37c3a970d_o.jpg

These are the first pair of White's Boots that I've purchased.  I've been a boot buyer for 50 years and I always thought I knew what a good quality boot was.  This is by far the best quality boots I've ever owned.  These are my semi dress work boots.  They also make lineman boots, packer boots, cowboy boots, hunting boots and motorcycle boots.

Cowboy

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2016, 06:26:13 PM »

Look like high top wing tip shoes   :cherry:

Hotfire

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 SESG Atomic Red
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG Silver
    • CVO3: 2008 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2016, 07:02:18 PM »

I know I'll get a lot of opposition to this post, but for me the best ever boots are made by Esatto.  I have a pair of Esatto hikers and love them.  I've worn them for over fifteen years and ride with them year round; granted I live in Louisiana so the winters aren't the sub zero temps I experienced in Fargo, but I've ridden over 100 miles nonstop with temps in the teens with never a problem. I've had them resoled a few times and still love them.  One drawback is cost - but like my wife says, "you get what you pay for".   :coolblue:

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2016, 07:39:11 PM »

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7155/6675783185_e37c3a970d_o.jpg

These are the first pair of White's Boots that I've purchased.  I've been a boot buyer for 50 years and I always thought I knew what a good quality boot was.  This is by far the best quality boots I've ever owned.  These are my semi dress work boots.  They also make lineman boots, packer boots, cowboy boots, hunting boots and motorcycle boots.

Cowboy
Looked at their website. Looks like lineman's boots are going to be a hassle to order a pair. Been wearing Redwing Lineman's boots for years now and they work for me. I like the looks of the arch that White's puts in their boots though.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2016, 08:16:07 PM »

Looked at their website. Looks like lineman's boots are going to be a hassle to order a pair. Been wearing Redwing Lineman's boots for years now and they work for me. I like the looks of the arch that White's puts in their boots though.

Not hard to order.  Their boots run 1/2 size smaller than your tennis shoes.  I wear an 11.5 in New Balance and size 11 in White's fit perfect.  They will do custom orders also, if you have one foot that is a lot bigger than the other.  I think they charge more for the complete custom design. 

Cowboy

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2016, 08:26:17 PM »

I know I'll get a lot of opposition to this post, but for me the best ever boots are made by Esatto.  I have a pair of Esatto hikers and love them.  I've worn them for over fifteen years and ride with them year round; granted I live in Louisiana so the winters aren't the sub zero temps I experienced in Fargo, but I've ridden over 100 miles nonstop with temps in the teens with never a problem. I've had them resoled a few times and still love them.  One drawback is cost - but like my wife says, "you get what you pay for".   :coolblue:

I just checked out their website.  They look like a very high quality boot.  You are right, they also have a very high quality price.  I don't get surprised easily, but their price surprised me.

Cowboy
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.367 seconds with 24 queries.