Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Love Jugs cooling fans  (Read 25602 times)

intrepidguy

Love Jugs cooling fans
« on: June 14, 2012, 07:06:30 AM »

Just wanted to let people know that I tried these new cooling fans and I am really impressed. Check them out. They are called Love Jugs cooling fans. Got them off of ebay.

intrepidguy

Re: Love Jugs cooling fans
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 07:08:25 AM »

;D

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 07:22:54 AM »

Love your bike. Kinda up in the air about those fans though. Seeing that you live in FL you need all the help you can get.  Keep everyone updated on how well they work.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 07:32:37 AM »

I like there name  :P   How do you no if the fans are working?  You would think that its just more junk in the way of the fins?  Intresting hope they work   ;)

Johnnie Nap

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROAD GLIDE
    • CVO2: 2001 ROAD KING
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 07:34:03 AM »

nice seat is that the sundowner or the reach?

intrepidguy

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 07:56:40 AM »

nice seat is that the sundowner or the reach?

Its the Sundowner. I love it.

intrepidguy

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 08:00:48 AM »

I like there name  :P   How do you no if the fans are working?  You would think that its just more junk in the way of the fins?  Intresting hope they work   ;)
It comes wired with a Harley accessory switch plug on the end of the harness so you just plug it in under your seat and it works off your accesory switch. They push a ton of air and that is what cools the fins down. Especially when you are in traffic and there is no air flow and it's 100 degrees out.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 08:40:27 AM »

Read the whole eBay sales pitch. Now what would really be compelling is a tripod mounted camera video taping a thermal display of it actually cooling the engine down. Not knocking the product, just needs some more convincing exposure. I looked on Youtube and didn't find anything. I guess another question would be, "How much more heat is it going to blow on your right thigh?"
I'm very interested, would just like to see some more results. Keep us posted on what your opinion after using it a few weeks.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 09:53:48 AM »

Reminds me of a Madonna costume.  Unlike a 110 though I'm not sure Madonna really ever was hot.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 10:08:20 AM »

Reminds me of a Madonna costume.  Unlike a 110 though I'm not sure Madonna really ever was hot.
Coffee through the nose. Not good.  :P

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 02:22:00 PM »

TLR - you owe me a keyboard!  :oops:

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 11:11:20 PM »

TLR - you owe me a keyboard!  :oops:

Coffee through the nose. Not good.  :P

Spew Score Today

Twolane             2
Site                   0

(it's usually the other way around)  :2vrolijk_21:

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2012, 03:11:20 AM »

Intrepid, you've had a couple days to try out the fans now.  Have you noticed any drop in temps?  I was out today in 90 degree weather, and my oil temp was 250-260.  Tomorrow I'm going to Palm Springs and the forecast says 110 degrees. :'(

BTW, like Ohiobellboy asked, does it blow hot air on you?  Are they noisy? 

The combination of SoCal summer heat and traffic can be brutal on air cooled V twins and fat old men.  I may be forced to use the cage more than the bike for the next few months.

Thanks for the info.

Dan

Cyclegirl

• Loven Life on the Road
  • Full CVO Member
    • NM

• CVO1: 2015 Road Glide Special
    • Cycle adventures
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2012, 08:55:40 AM »

Those look great. Glad they work great too.
- Renay

nobacksies

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2012, 12:19:09 AM »

I've had my "Love Jugs" about two months now. Got em at Daytona Bike week.  I love love love these fans.  All I can say is amazing, damn these things work!  I'll never own a harley without them installed.   Ultra 2010.

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2012, 02:13:06 AM »

So are all of these air fans basically PC fans adapted to various housings? Curious if there are any built for high temp usage. These could be 120mm or 92 mm fans and the other brand probably 80mm fans.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2012, 02:29:07 AM »

According to the sites, the Love Jugs fans are from ATVs, so should be waterproof and fairly rugged.  The Big Sky fans are not computer fans, either.

Rode in 110 degree weather today.  Oil temp 260+ after exiting off freeway. :'(  I shouldn't complain; when my bike was stock and new last September, the oil temp hit 290-300 a few times.  I better get tough, we have three or four more months of this. :'(

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2012, 05:18:11 AM »

Dang, that's pretty hot for sure. Glad I don't ride over here, it's been 120+ the last couple of weeks.

The reason I'm asking is from looking at the ebay photos of the back side of the system Love Jug's is selling. There are some hi output 120mm pancake fans that would meet the air flow for a system like this so it would just be a vibration concern. Not really pulling in hotter air than ambient. Not trying to bash this product or the other one I posted on but trying to determine how these things are made and what this IP55 thing is. An ATV radiator fan would be much larger than the ones these are using and it looks like the other system is using 60mm x 60mm fans. I guess the big thing would be where you live and how much traffic or parade riding a person does. Either one would probably do a good job.

IP (Ingress Protection) codes define how well an enclosure protects against the external environment.

As the number gets higher, the protection gets better.

The first digit defines the protection level against "solids", the second against "liquids". You MUST use both digits to define an enclosure.

For the first digit:
0 = No protection
1 = Protected against objects greater than 50 mm diameter
2 = Protected against objects greater than 12 mm diameter
3 = Protected against objects greater than 2.5 mm diameter
4 = Protected against objects greater than 1.0 mm diameter
5 = Dust protected
6 = Dust tight

For the second digit:
0 = Not protected
1 = Protected against dripping water (i.e. vertical plane)
2 = Protected against dripping water up to 15 degree angle
3 = Protected against spraying water
4 = Protected against splashing water
5 = Protected against water jets
6 = Protected against heavy seas
7 = Protected against effects of immersion
8 = Protected against submersion
2007 Softail Custom

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: MY BSR "shes a sweet ride too"
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2012, 07:19:09 PM »

i'm gonna check em out, looks nice and functional too  :2vrolijk_21:
My favorite color is chrome

Sarge571

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2012, 11:24:58 AM »

:worthless:

We purchased one of the LOVE JUGS Harley Cooling Fan in Florida for the ride home from Daytona and that was a big mistake.  These guys did absolutely no road testing on their fan.  Within 500 miles the center rubber mounting bushing tore loose and the fan fell off, almost causing an accident on interstate 95.  The Harley dealer replaced the mount with a heavier one, but almost immediately the fan began to shake apart due to excessive vibration.  We were assured that the fan was tested for thousands of miles, but ours did not last more than 600.   In my opinion the fan needs some significant re-engineering in order to be road worthy.

Sarge571

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 11:27:23 AM »

We purchased one of the LOVE JUGS Harley Cooling Fan in Florida for the ride home from Daytona and that was a big mistake.  These guys did absolutely no road testing on their fan.  Within 500 miles the center rubber mounting bushing tore loose and the fan fell off, almost causing an accident on interstate 95.  The Harley dealer replaced the mount with a heavier one, but almost immediately the fan began to shake apart due to excessive vibration.  We were assured that the fan was tested for thousands of miles, but ours did not last more than 600.   In my opinion the fan needs some significant re-engineering in order to be road worthy.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 12:22:40 PM »

X2 even!

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2012, 03:19:42 PM »

That's why I went with Jason's fans. Machined and welded parts instead of just finding computer fans and spot welding the metal together. Doesn't hurt that Jason is on active duty trying to make a business for his future and offers military discounts.  :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Softail Custom

Sarge571

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 01:28:08 PM »

Hope that yours lasted longer than ours did.  The mount broke on the way back from Daytona.  So we had a heavier mount installed only to have the fans vibrate to pieces.  If you want pictures, we should have taken pictures of my wife throwing the fans over the guardrail on interstate 95 after they fell off the bike. 

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2012, 03:33:44 PM »

Good point. Reckon I better see how long these fans will last in Jason's mounts. He says send them back if the fans fail and he'll replace them. They better last longer than 600 miles though or he's gonna have some very unhappy people to deal with.
2007 Softail Custom

Sarge571

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2012, 01:51:54 PM »

What is this world coming to when you speak your mind about a product that did not work and receive very nasty e-mails from the people that manufacture the product.  I also do not appreciate being marketed by the other twin fan manufacture trying to capitalize on business.  If a product is good it will sell itself through word of mouth and by Harley offering to sell it through their dealerships.  It is also a dissapointment to find that some of the same manufactures are self promoting themselves through fake forum members.  Why can't people build a good product and have it stand on it's own merits instead of mudslinging.  If you make a good product it will make the test of time and people will buy it.....

Retired Disabled Vet
John 

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2012, 03:15:45 PM »

been there and done that with two recent large purchases.

The email you should have received, "we are sorry for your inconvenience, what can we do to help make this right?
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 01:33:49 AM »

I did a through test with the Big Sky Fans a couple years ago and was extremely disappointed. First off, for the money charged, $105 bucks, I was in total shock when I recieved the parts. You get two fans, connector and wire. After I purchased  I found the exact fan on Google for $14 bucks, so if you are intent, search fans on Google.  Secondly, before and after I installed the fans I recorded several riding episodes with and without the fans running, all test were recorded during a 98 degree summer weekend. To make a long story short, I recordered hotter temps with fans installed regardless if fans were running or not. I also noted a drive through down town Napa, during a busy weekend with fans runnning, my engine temps quickly reached 305 degrees with apsoutely no cooling effect from the fans. As usual, I pulled off at a water hole and enjoyed my fav beverage.  The BigSky fans are a total waste of money, and I wouldn't put much more trust in the Jag Fan arrangement recently on the market.   TRUST ME.... DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THESE SNAKE OIL REMIDIES,,  THEY SIMPLY DON'T WORK.  If they did the MoCo would have them on every model..   Now for the Big Sky dealer guy,, if you feel like buying him an expensive drink,,  buy his fans,,  he'll be smiling at the bar waiten for another free drink.  :o bye the way
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 01:43:31 AM by cvobiker »

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 01:43:22 AM »

Thanks to those of you for "exposing" an inferior product before any more of us here waste our money on it! I was just about to purchase when I read this thread...
Alan

hbens

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2004 FLHTCSE Candy Cobalt/Starlight Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 SESG Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 12:47:34 PM »

I've used a Lenale cooling fan on both of my bikes. I took the one off before I sold the bike and I am using it on my 2012 SESG. On my first bike I was in Missouri in a traffic jam and my friends bike was overheating and pitching a serious fit. Mine was not thanks to the fan.
I have a Power Vision tuner which I have set up to monitor ET (Engine temperature I believe and not exhaust temperature).
When I'm cruising in traffic and the ET starts to climb with no end of traffic snarl in sight I turn the fan on. This fan keeps the ET down and has lowered the temp. Sure it blows some heat out the right side of the engine but when I'm sitting in traffic my leg is mostly out of the way of the possible heated wind created by the fan.
I'll deal with the heat of the blowing air to keep my engine cool. I'd rate my happiness with this product an 8 out of 10. I will buy one again if this one ever craps out. The down side of the product is having to relocate the horn which is small potatoes if you use the Lenale relocation kit. On my other bike I used a hidden horn which isn't available for the 2012 CVO SG so I ordered the horn relocation kit for $30.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity!

Dragula 2 into 1, S&S 640 EZ start cams pistons (10.8 compression) flywheel and Timken bearing, Vee Twin Racing Stage IV ported heads, K&N air cleaner, Power Vision with WBO2 auto tuner, king tour pak, solo & two up mounts, pass. floor boards, Headwinds spot/turn signal lights, zumo 660 GPS, ssaddlebag guard & pouches, Progress Suspension cartridg

tweeter13

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 10:17:51 PM »

I have some friends with the 103 engines that love them,  not sure which brand they are using them and some of them that cant belive they got suckered into them I know the two that love them have 103 engines the others I dont have any idea.  I know they are not the 110.  I think this just might be a brand thing or even just prefrence.  A personal thing.  I dont think will try it cause I dont think I like the looks of it my self but some colors i like and some i dont.  To each his own I think on this one until some hard data from some independent testers comes out.  Just wondering if this woiuld cause any distortion of a cylinder linner if it was left on when the bike was shut off due to the fact the the alum.  cools off so much faster and with a fan blowing air in a consentrated spot over and over.  Then over a period of time.  Might  be thinking about this to hard I dont know.  been up to long.  Back to the subject.   If you like it cool with me.  If you dont cool with me.  Either way its still not sweat off my back.    todd
18 Monsterbrite led lights
Fullsac DX head pipe
Fullsac 2.25 baffles
TTS master-tune
George Anderson tourpac relocator

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 08:50:14 AM »

........................................  TRUST ME.... DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THESE SNAKE OIL REMIDIES,,  THEY SIMPLY DON'T WORK. If they did the MoCo would have them on every model..

Did you read what you typed before you posted that?  Harley might put something like that in the catalog and sell it to you for an extra $399.95, but they sure wouldn't install it as standard equipment even if it was effective.  If they were actually serious about doing a better job of controlling operating temperatures, they would have installed much more effective oil coolers than the cheap little part they have hidden behind the front fender on the current 103's and 110's. 

There is no doubt in my mind that a properly engineered oil cooler/fan combination would be beneficial.  But the secret is the "properly engineered" part of that statement.  Just because someone can buy off the shelf fans and then rig up a bracket to mount them doesn't mean his product is worthwhile.  Why not just buy a 20" electric fan like you might use out in your garage, attach it to the bike with a long arm so it's located in front of the bike blowing back, rig up an inverter to power it, and then you can cool the engine and yourself while you sit in traffic?  Considering some of the ridiculous products I've seen hawked over the past decade, it wouldn't really surprise me if someone didn't think that was a great idea and run right out to the garage to start working on the prototype.

Jerry ;)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

equayonv

• Equa Yonv
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2012, 01:36:19 PM »

I too just bought a set of Love Jugs and installed them on my new 2012 Harley Triglide.
I've owned 3 other Harleys in the past and they all ran hot, but that's the nature of the Beast.
The Triglide with the 103 seems to run hotter than the others and I looked around for a while and found these Love Jugs fans and believe me, they are worth the investment. They cool mine down between 30 to 40 degrees cooler. I have seen a few negative comments about them and I'm truly sorry that each of them had problems, but I have nothing but positive comments.
They are super quiet, don't vibrate and I can turn them on and off easily by using my Accessory switch and they look great on the Trike. I've already won 1st place at 2 Bike Shows and answered literally Hundreds of questions about the fans. Personally, I highly reccommend them for all Harleys, especially for the Touring Bikes that get caught in traffic. It doesen't take but one time to get caught in traffic and have to get on the side of the highway to let your Bike cool down when the temp is around 100 to realize you gotta do something about the heat on the engine.
I'm posting a couple of pics., the 1st in my driveway and the other is at the last Show. My Wife and I are not the best photographers but you can at least see how they look on the Trike. Disregard the slant on the 1st one as I was standing at an angle. (they are mounted straight)

equayonv

• Equa Yonv
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2012, 01:44:09 PM »

At the show.
Aug. 11, 2012.
(I'm on the left)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 01:46:37 PM by equayonv »

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2012, 03:25:11 PM »

At the show.
Aug. 11, 2012.
(I'm on the left)
Nice looking trike!

Welcome to the site and thank you for your two posts. If you get a chance, please introduce yourself. Tell us where you're from, how long you have been riding, the different kinds of bikes and trikes you have had, and all the different places you've been to and seen on your bikes. Chances are one of our members lives close to you and you can join in on the rides and get togethers. Your friends can become our friends and vice versa.

Like many here I've been following this thread with interest, so I hope you don't mind a couple of questions. Did you buy them from a shop or at a rally? Did you install them or did a technician? How many total miles have you logged with the fans installed? Do you ride mostly on the freeways or back roads and side street? Are you using any type of measuring device to record temp changes in the heads or oil? What are the warranty conditions of the item? Is it covered by miles, years, or lifetime? When did you buy it? Is this a newer version than the others that broke?

I hope you don't think I'm picking on you, I'm not. Like many others here we work hard for our money and wish to spend it wisely on our beloved CVOs. As one who has experienced success with the product we'd like to know all we can about it from you. I'm sure others will chime in with a welcome and their questions too.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2012, 10:57:20 AM »

They cool mine down between 30 to 40 degrees cooler.

30-40 degrees where? On an oil temp gauge, felt heat on your right leg? your passengers right foot?
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2012, 11:08:06 AM »

Saw one just like yours with the fans at the dealer in Spokane with a tent trailer hooked to it but never saw the owner. Was that you?

equayonv

• Equa Yonv
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2012, 10:51:13 PM »

Sorry about getting back sooner to this topic. This will probably be quite lengthy.

Ironhorse, you , Porthole and Rooster asked a few questions and I’ll try to do my best to answer them.

Nope Rooster, That was not me in Spokane.  I live in the N. Ga. Mountains. I’m Retired Navy (24yrs.) and I’ve been riding all of my life. I’ve had so many kinds of bikes and Trikes that there are almost too many to list but I’ll give it a try.
I’ve had 2-BSA’s, a Cushman, 6-Allstate’s, 2-Triumph’s, 3-Honda’s, 2-Suzuki’s, 2-Yamaha’s, a Kawasaki, an Ossa, 3-Harley’s, 3-VW Trikes, 1-V-6 Trike and currently I own a 2012 Harley Triglide.  
The latter portion of my being in the Military was as a Reservist so I had the time to have my own Motorcycle and VW Garage. In the ‘70’s when VW Trikes were real popular, my shop was one of the first to build them in the Southeast. I closed the business when I retired from the Navy in 1989.
The first Bike that I ever rode by myself was 650 BSA that my Dad bought thinking he could get me to hush about wanting to drive like my older brother. I was 11 yrs. old and couldn’t reach the pedals so he adjusted the clutch and front brake for me to ride around in 1st gear, also I always had to have someone else kick it off for me. I got pretty good at starting and stopping up against the barn or a tree and I only dropped the bike 1 time after hitting a Cow Patty. (hahaha)
Over the years I’ve been to every State except Alaska and Hawaii on the back of a Bike or Trike.
I am also a member of BTW (Bikers of the Third Wheel).
Now to the Love Jug Fans.
I bought the Harley Triglide in the latter part of June this year. That first weekend which was close to 100 degrees that day, I rode it to Helen, Ga. for a Car and Bike show, entered, and won 1st place. When leaving, I immediately got stuck in traffic with no place to pull off when the Trike got so hot, the rear cylinder cut off. After shutting it down and restarting it about 8 more times, I finally found a place to pull off and let it cool. In the meantime my wife and I both ended up with some pretty rough 2nd degree burns even with Jeans and boots on. I honestly thought our Jeans were going to catch fire. I know that Harley’s get hot as that’s the nature of the Beast, but this was ridiculous.
When we finally got home, the first thing I did was to get on the computer for research for ways to cool the Trike down. With my past experience with the Harley’s Parade Fans that I had installed in the past for others, I knew that I needed something better. This is how I found the Love Jugs Fan Cooling System.
I contacted Dave Sandel, the creator and developer of them and asked bunches of questions about them to my satisfaction. I then ordered a pair through Ebay.
When they arrived, I immediately installed them myself in about 20 minutes. There wasn’t anything to it. You remove the horn and bracket, change out with the included screws, place the fans and bracket in place, tighten it up, remove the seat, run the wire under the seat area and plug it up to the accessory wire, put the seat back on and turn both the mounted switches and the accessory switch on and that is it.      
I’ve logged about 2,000 miles since installing them. My wife and I immediately noticed a big difference in the temperature on our right legs (lots cooler). I’ve gotten stuck in 2 more traffic jams since and the rear cylinder has not shut down. I live on backroads in the Mountains and in order to get most places other than our small town, I travel four lane and expressway, (I turn them off on the Highways at high speed ‘cause I don’t need them).
I do honestly have to say about my statement about the 30-40 degree difference was a “guesstament” on the engine temp on my part, but with as many Harley’s that I’ve ridden and owned, I figured it to be pretty accurate. When I told Dave Sandel about this he said that 80-100 should be more accurate. Hey, I’m like everyone else moneywise, I’m trying to come up with the extra funds ($149.95) to buy Harley’s digital oil temp gauge as of the writing of this. I apologize for any misunderstanding about this. All I know is, that my Harley Triglide is a lot more cooler than before and when I get the Gauge, I can then be more accurate about the statement.
Oh and as far as vibrations are concerned, they are so minimal that it is unnoticeable but Dave is developing some extra brackets to help solve any of this. And he also told me how he sold all he had made (several hundred) and there are many back orders for more and that he is trying to get them made as fast as he can. He is not out of business.
Dave Sandel rides a Harley Ultra and he has had a pair on his bike for over two years.
In a letter he included to me when he shipped them to me he stated,
“I also want you to know that we will stand behind our product like you have never seen a company do before. If you are not happy, we are not happy. If you have any problems or issues, please contact me personally. I will do my best to make you happy.”  

I hope that I didn’t come across as a salesman for these, but I am very satisfied and if you try them, I think you will be also. Don’t be like the guy that I read elsewhere about, that threw them over the guardrail, Dave would have made satisfaction if he would have given him a chance.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:09:32 PM by equayonv »

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2012, 09:59:23 AM »

Thank you for your service to our country and the great review.  Great looking trike too. 

Even with your endorsement, I can't get past them almost completely covering one of the best qualities of the bike - the V-Twin cylinders.  To me, they're not attractive.  Also, it would stand to reason, in my opinion, cooling the oil cools the engine and the units that mount behind the oil cooler should work better.  While I don't have any personal experience with these products, I have been reading quite a bit about them on this and other forums.  I'm glad to hear they are working for someone, given the earlier negative posts.

I'll be buying the duel fans that mount behind the oil cooler and will report results once known.

Cheers!
Ken

Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Sarge571

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2013, 11:38:09 AM »

After have several bad expericences we ended up going with the LeNale Engineering cooling fan.  They were a little more expensive, but after 25K miles (and still going) and being saved several times from over heating, they were well worth the price.  We went from Love Jugs "garbage" that lased 600 miles to a company, cda_v-twin-fans , that claimed the same specs as the LeNale fan.  Only to find out that the only thing that cda_v-twin-fans had the same was the looks.  Thiers lasted slightly longer that 600 miles, but the grill fell off after 1200 miles, the motor stopped after 1375 miles, and then again after 1841 miles.  We had it repaired twice by cda_v-twin-fans at a cost of $60.00 per clip and a two month delay in the repairs, only to have it finally die at 2235 miles. Only after we put the LeNale fan on did we notice the big difference in quality and output power.  The cda_v-twin-fans do not even compare in quality or output.  We had one minor problem after 6 months with the LeNale fan and sent it back for repairs.  The owner, Len, called me and said they bench tested the unit and could not find a problem with it, but was going to send me a new replacement fan just in case.  I got it within 4 days, installed it, and did not work.  I found the problem - my battery acid overflowed when I charged the system and ate into connector pins.  Len even called me after I receved the fan to help trouble shoot my problem.  This is a great quality fan with even better customer service.  In talking with him, I discovered that he was also a service disabled vet.  Makes an american fell good about supporting fellow vets!

John

equayonv

• Equa Yonv
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2013, 05:06:44 PM »

Hi Folks!

It's been a while since my last posting but I wanted to give you an update on what is happening with the Love Jugs Cooling Fans made by Dave Sandel.

I got an email from him today.
NO, he is not out of business.
He sold out of all of his inventory and he is in the process of redoing and improving the cooling fans and as he said, "re-tooling takes time".

When they come out to the public, I think that everyone will be surprised. Personally, I can't wait.

I know that there have been some that are dissatisfied and some that think that a different system is better, but that is a personal choice, but as for me, I have not had one single problem with the Love Jugs that I purchased and installed.

So keep looking and inquiring, as they will be back out. New, improved and better looking on a NEW website soon.

Equayonv

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 07:34:14 PM by equayonv »

johnchalker

• Senior CVO Member
  • The Lord will Fight for you,you need only be Still

• CVO1: flhxse cvo street glide
    • CVO2: Flstnse
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2013, 01:39:38 AM »

I have one of these in my garage is it with fitting over here in the UK ?

equayonv

• Equa Yonv
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2013, 05:49:53 PM »

It should work if you have a stock bike. I don't see why not.

MikeyB

• MikeyB

• CVO1: 2011 Kryptonite/Black Diamond FLHXSE2
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2013, 10:01:43 PM »

;)  The Love Jug fans are great! But if you want to check out some great in depth heat control research go to wardspartswerks.com . Jason Ward has done a ton of research and also makes a small set of fans mounting similar to the LoveJugs. I have installed Jasons fans on my FLHXSE2 along with the thermostatic control switch and am extremely happy with them. They also impressed my local dealerships dyno performance guru who is not easily impressed! Happy reading!
A bad ride is better that a good drive!!

CVOThunder

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2013, 07:22:56 AM »

;)  The Love Jug fans are great! But if you want to check out some great in depth heat control research go to wardspartswerks.com . Jason Ward has done a ton of research and also makes a small set of fans mounting similar to the LoveJugs. I have installed Jasons fans on my FLHXSE2 along with the thermostatic control switch and am extremely happy with them. They also impressed my local dealerships dyno performance guru who is not easily impressed! Happy reading!

X2 :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Softail Custom

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2013, 08:25:15 AM »

I can honestly say that i love the Wards Parts Werks Fans!
Living in Dubai and as you can imagine it gets pretty dam hot, the bike would regularly go into safe mode when getting stuck in traffic or at traffic lights! since fitting the Fans it hasn't gone into safe mode once! i also have the Thermal switch installed so the Fans kick in automatically when they reach a certain temperature,
I did look at the Love Juggs but didn't like the look (Too Big) and saw too many complaints!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2013, 07:21:01 PM »

Just installed the WPW cooling fans and it stopped raining long enough to take the bike out for a test run. The fans kicked in ten minutes into the ride automatically. These fans are really well made and look and feel very solid.It took about 20 minutes to install, including replacing the stock horn cover with a round aftermarket cover just like Charlie's bike. :)

CVO Breakout 2013 with cooling fans by Cameron L., on Flickr

Up next, the oil cooler with the WPW thermostat.

equayonv

• Equa Yonv
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2013, 07:38:35 PM »

Love Jugs Cooling Fans are back and going strong.
As I have said before I have a set on my 2012 HD Triglide that have been on there now for over a year and a half and they're still doing the job.
I am not going to get into a p***ing argument over who is the best, but to me they are.
The best thing to do is go to their new website at:  http://www.love-jugs.com  and see for yourself.
And NO I don't work for them either.

dirtdobber

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2013, 10:00:38 PM »

I have use the Laneal fan for many years with no failure, it did what it was suppose to do for 5 years until I traded.
Wish I had thought to remove it.

Is it the best, I have no idea, there is no way one can say what is best because of variances.
If it does the job then it is doing what it is suppose to do.
I will say I do not like a lot of wind force against the cylinders.
Better cooling probably, but on the other side of the coin is heat hitting your leg. I will not use the HD parade fan because of that very reason.
The Lanale fan was just about right.
When your stuck in the saddle for hours on end you can catch a lot of heat on your leg. Yes the engine will stay cooler up to a point.
Remember we are removing heat not cooling. There is a big difference.
In order for a fan to work properly it needs to come on before the heat builds too far. All you are doing is removing heat.
Yes I am quantified to say this. Certified Horticulturist. It is the same principle as plants. You can not cool a plant only help to remove the heat. A plant that is sweating, water dripping out of the tip of the leaves is how it removes the heat.
This is what we are doing when we use a fan.  In a certain way you are cooling but what we are doing is removing the heat because the heat is being cause of the engine running.
The only true way of cooling a engine is to cut it off therefore no heat is being built so it cools.
Hope this makes sense to some of you at least.
2012 CVO street glide, 2010 Dyna wide glide SS 106

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2013, 10:30:06 PM »

one of the good things about the wpw fans is that they do not exhaust the hot air into your leg.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.348 seconds with 25 queries.