Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Love Jugs cooling fans  (Read 25610 times)

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
Re: Love Jugs cooling fans
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2013, 08:25:15 AM »

I can honestly say that i love the Wards Parts Werks Fans!
Living in Dubai and as you can imagine it gets pretty dam hot, the bike would regularly go into safe mode when getting stuck in traffic or at traffic lights! since fitting the Fans it hasn't gone into safe mode once! i also have the Thermal switch installed so the Fans kick in automatically when they reach a certain temperature,
I did look at the Love Juggs but didn't like the look (Too Big) and saw too many complaints!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2013, 07:21:01 PM »

Just installed the WPW cooling fans and it stopped raining long enough to take the bike out for a test run. The fans kicked in ten minutes into the ride automatically. These fans are really well made and look and feel very solid.It took about 20 minutes to install, including replacing the stock horn cover with a round aftermarket cover just like Charlie's bike. :)

CVO Breakout 2013 with cooling fans by Cameron L., on Flickr

Up next, the oil cooler with the WPW thermostat.

equayonv

• Equa Yonv
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2013, 07:38:35 PM »

Love Jugs Cooling Fans are back and going strong.
As I have said before I have a set on my 2012 HD Triglide that have been on there now for over a year and a half and they're still doing the job.
I am not going to get into a p***ing argument over who is the best, but to me they are.
The best thing to do is go to their new website at:  http://www.love-jugs.com  and see for yourself.
And NO I don't work for them either.

dirtdobber

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2013, 10:00:38 PM »

I have use the Laneal fan for many years with no failure, it did what it was suppose to do for 5 years until I traded.
Wish I had thought to remove it.

Is it the best, I have no idea, there is no way one can say what is best because of variances.
If it does the job then it is doing what it is suppose to do.
I will say I do not like a lot of wind force against the cylinders.
Better cooling probably, but on the other side of the coin is heat hitting your leg. I will not use the HD parade fan because of that very reason.
The Lanale fan was just about right.
When your stuck in the saddle for hours on end you can catch a lot of heat on your leg. Yes the engine will stay cooler up to a point.
Remember we are removing heat not cooling. There is a big difference.
In order for a fan to work properly it needs to come on before the heat builds too far. All you are doing is removing heat.
Yes I am quantified to say this. Certified Horticulturist. It is the same principle as plants. You can not cool a plant only help to remove the heat. A plant that is sweating, water dripping out of the tip of the leaves is how it removes the heat.
This is what we are doing when we use a fan.  In a certain way you are cooling but what we are doing is removing the heat because the heat is being cause of the engine running.
The only true way of cooling a engine is to cut it off therefore no heat is being built so it cools.
Hope this makes sense to some of you at least.
2012 CVO street glide, 2010 Dyna wide glide SS 106

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2013, 10:30:06 PM »

one of the good things about the wpw fans is that they do not exhaust the hot air into your leg.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 24 queries.