Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  All

Author Topic: SE 110 Upgrade - T Man  (Read 54168 times)

Smitty2u

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
Re: SE 110 Upgrade - T Man
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2012, 09:21:41 PM »

I wanted to thank everyone for all their input along the way.  I knew very little when I started the project and received a lot of good information and feedback.  Now I get to enjoy!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:57:45 PM by Smitty2u »
130TQ 124HP
TR Stage 2 Street Eliminator Pro-Touring Heads
TR-660-SM Cam
TTS Master Tuner
SE 10.5:1 forged pistons
4-5/8" stroke Se Pro Stroker Flywheel and rod Assembly, trued and welded by Revolution Performance
Cylinders 4.060 Bore
Timekin Bearing
SE 58mm TB
SE 5.3 grms/sec injectors
SE lifters,
SE rods
SE Clutch upgrade
V&H Power Dual headers with V&H Twin Slash Oval slipons.
Andrews 31T transmission sprocket
K&N air filter

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2012, 09:33:55 PM »

looks like a great build ...and a lots of fun   grats
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2012, 01:53:53 AM »

I think pretty much the only things on the original 110 motor that's actually high performance are the heads.  I believe the 120R has the SE racing parts already there.  I'm certain Harley will sell whatever you want to buy if you want to build one from scratch.  I would ask why you would not just upgrade the one you have, keeping the same VIN's matching or buy the 120R as opposed to building one entirely from scratch?  I don't know about having the motor blueprinted.  The SE 4 5/8" crank is a much better crank.  I was told by my builder that balancing was not necessary, just have it trued in a jig and welded so that's the route we went..

I was just thinking about not messing with warranty issues on the stock 110 which is kinda dumb considering I'm sure the rest of the drive train warranty would be gone once they figured there was motor work done. I'm just arm chair racing and dreaming again and I've been thinking about going to a 124". The SE crank/rods would work for that (I think) but I'd need to replace the cylinders/pistons which would be a waste if ordering up a 120R. 6's I guess.

I'm sure they blueprinted your engine as they built your engine. It's just another word for attention to detail like checking & matching combustion chamber cc's and making sure they're equal, sharp edges deburred etc. And yes the SE crank does look much better. Having someone build me an engine via UPS doesn't address dyno tuning efforts and since I don't know who has one out in my area, I'll have to find out first. High Desert H-D in Boise has one I think but I don't really want to do business with them again.

There is a High Desert Cycle in Idaho Falls and I understand he has one but want to make sure that people reading this understand that I'm not bad mouthing the one in Idaho Falls. Sounds promising so I'll check out his business.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 05:35:16 AM by CVOThunder »
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2012, 04:04:58 PM »

Bring it on bro...inquiring minds wanna know, whatcha gonna do???  Good luck figuring it out.  You're doing the right thing bouncing it off this bunch. 
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #139 on: April 18, 2012, 09:12:41 AM »

I was just thinking about not messing with warranty issues on the stock 110 which is kinda dumb considering I'm sure the rest of the drive train warranty would be gone once they figured there was motor work done. I'm just arm chair racing and dreaming again and I've been thinking about going to a 124". The SE crank/rods would work for that (I think) but I'd need to replace the cylinders/pistons which would be a waste if ordering up a 120R. 6's I guess.

I'm sure they blueprinted your engine as they built your engine. It's just another word for attention to detail like checking & matching combustion chamber cc's and making sure they're equal, sharp edges deburred etc. And yes the SE crank does look much better. Having someone build me an engine via UPS doesn't address dyno tuning efforts and since I don't know who has one out in my area, I'll have to find out first. High Desert has one I think but I don't really want to do business with them again.

Cheers!

CVOTHunder,

A friend of mine just built a 124 using the S&S of a Harley original motor.  He had the cases bored out by Gary at universal machine.  He went with the lower compression pistons and 110 heads and 585 S&S cams instead of the 640's, 58mm HPI throttlebody and Thunder header 2-1.   He is making 138 torque and 124 hp.   Bike is cool running, no issues and really quick with the 585 cam in there.   The bike is a FLH tuned with a PC-V.   It runs so well he just did his GF bike (Fatboy) as well, but they pulled the higher compression pistons out due to heat.  Her build is the same except they went with S&S heads.

Thus far they are both really pleased with the builds.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

OnUrMark

« Reply #140 on: April 18, 2012, 03:35:47 PM »

I wanted to thank everyone for all their input along the way.  I knew very little when I started the project and received a lot of good information and feedback.  Now I get to enjoy!

Nice numbers Smitty!  You have to be happy with that.
Thanks for sharing.  I'm trying to get my bike down to T man.   He's not the easiest to get an answer out of but I'm working on him.   ;)    Going with the Stage 4 Thumper series, plus some other goodies.

Rich
FLHXSE3 CVO 2012 - 124ci

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #141 on: April 18, 2012, 03:50:37 PM »

Bring it on bro...inquiring minds wanna know, whatcha gonna do???  Good luck figuring it out.  You're doing the right thing bouncing it off this bunch. 

I'm gonna dream for awhile it looks like. LOL. Other things now need my cash, like house refi.

Thanks Unbalanced, I appreciate the input and I'll look at that option as well when/if the time comes.

And I'm not sure if I sent congrats on your build Smitty. I think I did but if not, great numbers and it sounds like a blast. No more of me h/j your thread and build.  :2vrolijk_21:
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

Dave H

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 ( SESG ) Orange/Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red ( Sadly Sold )
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE3 Black
« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2012, 04:38:13 PM »

Nice result Smitty !
Enjoy

Smitty2u

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2012, 10:06:56 AM »

Nice numbers Smitty!  You have to be happy with that.
Thanks for sharing.  I'm trying to get my bike down to T man.   He's not the easiest to get an answer out of but I'm working on him.   ;)    Going with the Stage 4 Thumper series, plus some other goodies.

Rich

Sounds interesting.  My builder has a 124 with T-Manns Thumper Series head work and he's quoting 145TQ.  I'll look forward to seeing your results. 
For now I'm finished...... We'll at least for the foreseeable future...
130TQ 124HP
TR Stage 2 Street Eliminator Pro-Touring Heads
TR-660-SM Cam
TTS Master Tuner
SE 10.5:1 forged pistons
4-5/8" stroke Se Pro Stroker Flywheel and rod Assembly, trued and welded by Revolution Performance
Cylinders 4.060 Bore
Timekin Bearing
SE 58mm TB
SE 5.3 grms/sec injectors
SE lifters,
SE rods
SE Clutch upgrade
V&H Power Dual headers with V&H Twin Slash Oval slipons.
Andrews 31T transmission sprocket
K&N air filter

smkblwr

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2018 RGU
    • CVO2: 2018 FreeWheeler
    • CVO3: 2007 VRSCX Vrod #328
« Reply #144 on: April 25, 2012, 07:59:13 PM »

Nice numbers Smitty, enjoy
2018 RGU.
2018 FreeWheeler "Wifes"
2007 V&H PRO Stock Tribute #328 VRod
IBA Member 45500
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 25 queries.