Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does the CVO have floorboard extensions already?  (Read 1991 times)

RatMonkey

• Full CVO Member
Does the CVO have floorboard extensions already?
« on: September 12, 2013, 10:29:03 AM »

Howdy.  I have the 2012 RG Custom.   I swapped with my uncle and rode his 2013 RG Ultra (Non CVO).  I immediately felt that his floorboards were way closer to the bike than mine.  He noticed how mine were more comfortable (wider placement).

Did ours come with something?  It is a big difference.  Otherwise, maybe it was the seat or something that just made it feel that way?

Thanks.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
Re: Does the CVO have floorboard extensions already?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 10:47:10 AM »

I added the floorboard extensions to my bike. I don't THINK the footboard brackets are any different on the CVOs, apart from being chrome on my bike.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 11:24:41 AM »

The stock CVO did not have floor board extensions.  The the difference you felt was probably the result of the wider seat on the standard road glide.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

RatMonkey

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 11:01:46 PM »

Thanks for the info.  After further review, it is the seat, and the shifter peg !

I had my heel shifter removed and used a chrome spacer to fill the gap, which placed my toe shifter at the outer edge of the stem/rod that the arm attaches to.  

My uncle has both heel and toe and the toe is on the inside of the two... therefore I was really noticing how I had to wrap my boot in there to get it.... and it made it feel as if his floorboards were the issue...

Case solved.  

For the record, it is WAY BETTER my way (for me !)

He went and got rid of the heel shifter, but he bought a "cap" instead of a spacer (like me) so his shifter remains on the "inside" closer to the motor than mine.  

Whatever.

Thanks folks.  If you intend to remove the heel shifter, just know that you can push your toe shifter out and use a spacer.  I got mine from Kuryakan.  $45 or so.  I like it way better than the Harley "cap" that my uncle got.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 11:10:49 PM by RatMonkey »

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 10:54:21 AM »

x2 on the Kury cap. And I have the floorboards extensions, mostly for my right foot. I didn't need them on my old RK cause the stock floorboards are bigger all the way around compared to the CVO boards. And I don't use heel shift so it is gone.

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 24 queries.