Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Cancelled CVO orders! Wtf!  (Read 9320 times)

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
Cancelled CVO orders! Wtf!
« on: April 14, 2015, 07:06:08 PM »

Latest news here in UK is that Cvo orders are being cancelled and not forfilled,
At least 4 dealers I know  have been told because of paint issues in general (and that's with all the colours by the way) there is now such a delay that the orders they placed last August in whichever colours will not be forfilled, instead they will be getting the new Carbon dust colour "like it or not".....that's pretty sh*tty if you ask me! :(
Now if yours is in production as we speak,or if it's in warehouse or already shipped you are in luck I believe, as they will be honoured, that's the latest news this side of the pond anyway can't see it being any different in the US or maybe it is?
I was lucky mine just scraped through and landed last week and I hope to pick her up in a couple weeks, paint looks perfect to me,( then I deserve a bit of luck from the year I've had!)
On another note I don't know any ultra violet blue Cvo's that ever arrived in UK, if you have one I think you are the only one!
What the news your end in the US? :-X
Ride free brothers!

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
Re: Cancelled CVO orders! Wtf!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 09:53:31 PM »

I'm sure there will be a few disappointed folks for sure!  I've been waiting on a Hard Candy since September. I know my dealer officially ordered one and the arrival date keeps getting pushed up. I inquired just last Friday and they told me its due sometime in May. My dealer has yet to receive a Hard Candy or an Ultra Violet color, one yellow and one or two black and gold that I know of.

I have seen the Hard Candy color a lot for sale within the last week or two on cycle trader and chopper exchange along with the Carbon Crystal color.

Going to swing by the dealer on Saturday to see if there is an update?

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 10:11:38 PM »

If you are willing to go out of state I'm sure you could find one.......I only went 80 miles.

ZVO

• Dark Platimum? That’s Silver and Black
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE - Gone
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 10:29:31 PM »

I'm sure there will be a few disappointed folks for sure!  I've been waiting on a Hard Candy since September. I know my dealer officially ordered one and the arrival date keeps getting pushed up. I inquired just last Friday and they told me its due sometime in May. My dealer has yet to receive a Hard Candy or an Ultra Violet color, one yellow and one or two black and gold that I know of.

I have seen the Hard Candy color a lot for sale within the last week or two on cycle trader and chopper exchange along with the Carbon Crystal color.

Going to swing by the dealer on Saturday to see if there is an update?

Find out if they have a Vin number yet, no vin no guarantee that a bike is coming.
The Autumn Wind is a pirate.

skycat

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: Silver/Black 2015 Street Glide.
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 10:36:09 PM »

I just had a call from my sales guy, my hard candy has been pushed to June. He has confirmed the order just said they have had a few issues  :D. I don't mind the wait cause its the bike i want  :2vrolijk_21: This is Sydney time. I just hope that Mr Davidson can complete my order. :confused5:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 10:54:38 PM by skycat »
2015 CVO Street Glide, not as good as it should be, Working on that it just needs time, like a good wine.
2010 Buell 1125R, my favorite blaster.
2003 Harley FXDL 100th Anniversary, a little gem.
1975 Suzuki RE5 Rotary 1200km as new.
2012 Suzuki GSX1250FA the perfect Hack. Awesome Bike

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 10:40:53 PM »

Latest news here in UK is that Cvo orders are being cancelled and not forfilled,
At least 4 dealers I know  have been told because of paint issues in general (and that's with all the colours by the way) there is now such a delay that the orders they placed last August in whichever colours will not be forfilled, instead they will be getting the new Carbon dust colour "like it or not".....that's pretty sh*tty if you ask me! :(
Now if yours is in production as we speak,or if it's in warehouse or already shipped you are in luck I believe, as they will be honoured, that's the latest news this side of the pond anyway can't see it being any different in the US or maybe it is?
I was lucky mine just scraped through and landed last week and I hope to pick her up in a couple weeks, paint looks perfect to me,( then I deserve a bit of luck from the year I've had!)
On another note I don't know any ultra violet blue Cvo's that ever arrived in UK, if you have one I think you are the only one!
What the news your end in the US? :-X
Hey Wild Hog congrats on getting one!! What color did you end up with?

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 03:55:03 AM »

I just had a call from my sales guy, my hard candy has been pushed to June. He has confirmed the order just said they have had a few issues  :D. I don't mind the wait cause its the bike i want  :2vrolijk_21: This is Sydney time. I just hope that Mr Davidson can complete my order. :confused5:
skycat, have you been informed of the issues? if I were you I would ask for the vin number as soon as the dealer has it.
Dealer should easily get this info for you once order has been confirmed.
Hope all goes well for you cheers.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 03:57:17 AM by Aussie »

phantomxrt

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Streetglide (Hard Candy Mercury)
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 04:11:28 AM »

Which dealer, mate?

skycat

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 05:16:46 AM »

Which dealer, mate?

Trivett Harley.. I think you purchased yours from the same dealer, my sales guy is John also an old school mate, if anyone can do something he can. Fingers crossed..
I had a look on bike sales today there a about five 2015 SG CVO in most colours for sale, i think its just the dealers selling stock before it arrives.
I really do hope Harley don't kill the Hard Candy :'(
2015 CVO Street Glide, not as good as it should be, Working on that it just needs time, like a good wine.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 05:34:38 AM »

When I bought mine in December, the guy that originally ordered it backed out an I happened to be the first guy to have a chance at it.  There was a dozen guys that wanted it and I know that ONE guy officially got an order for a HC Merc after I got the one the guy bailed one.  When I dropped my bike off, the sales manager asked me if it was okay to call the guy so he can actually see one in person because it was supposed in March...then got pushed to mid April...an now they say mid May.  I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm glad I got mine!

phantomxrt

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 06:17:51 AM »

Trivett Harley.. I think you purchased yours from the same dealer, my sales guy is John also an old school mate, if anyone can do something he can. Fingers crossed..
I had a look on bike sales today there a about five 2015 SG CVO in most colours for sale, i think its just the dealers selling stock before it arrives.
I really do hope Harley don't kill the Hard Candy :'(

Ahhh ok cool. Yes I hold John in high regard. Good one.
Lloyd did my deal.
I hope yours comes through. If you want to see mine (in case you've not seen one in person yet), I'm happy to meet you there for a free coffee one day. I rode to and from work today, taking advantage of the good weather. Man, I felt like the king of the world! Awesome motorcycle to ride. I'm actually starting to feel self conscious from all the looks the bike gets. There's nothing like it.

skycat

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 07:21:34 AM »

Ahhh ok cool. Yes I hold John in high regard. Good one.
Lloyd did my deal.
I hope yours comes through. If you want to see mine (in case you've not seen one in person yet), I'm happy to meet you there for a free coffee one day. I rode to and from work today, taking advantage of the good weather. Man, I felt like the king of the world! Awesome motorcycle to ride. I'm actually starting to feel self conscious from all the looks the bike gets. There's nothing like it.

That would be great to catch up as i have not yet seen the HC in person, as you know there's not many in Australia. Funny thing is i asked John to give me a call if your bike turned up at the dealership. I am about 40min from the shop any week day is OK and most weekends are fine call me if you feel like a coffee. 0415822470 or work 96483366 and just ask for Peter
I saw a pic of you picking up the bike on the Trivett Facebook page.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:50:40 PM by skycat »

MightyTharg

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 07:47:16 AM »

Allegedly my Hard Candy Mercury Street Glide has reached the European depot,.. so just needs to be released and shipped to the UK.

Although I put a deposit down on one that was already allocated to the dealer and scheduled for build, H-D called him up to tell him they were going to replace it with another colour but he did some horse trading with other another dealer and swapped another bike for mine.  So it's all worked out ok (hopefully!)

phantomxrt

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 08:01:28 AM »

That would be great to catch up as i have not yet seen the HC in person, as you know there's not many in Australia. Funny thing is i asked John to give me a call if your bike turned up at the dealership. I am about 40min from the shop any week day is OK and most weekends are fine call me if you feel like a coffee. 0496483366 or work 96483366 and just ask for Peter
I saw a pic of you picking up the bike on the Trivett Facebook page.

Consider it done Peter. Next rainless day I'll go there for a ride. Probably next week at this stage.
Cheers. Ivan.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 11:54:59 AM »

Hey Wild Hog congrats on getting one!! What color did you end up with?

"The million dollar question"! 
I went for the Hard Candy Mercury in the end buddy , strange as this was my original choice when they were first released but never saw one in the flesh, then I went to states last year and fell in love with the blue one I saw in Naples Florida , changed my deposit to the blue one for (which was meant to land in April !), then last week the hard candy arrived at my dealer but another guy had his deposit on it!, man that colour just totally blew me away , never seen anything like it ever from Harley and I just had to have it,funny as the guy with the deposit then backed out after seeing it and so she was mine!!,
Strangely enough the dealer where I had the blue one on order told me yesterday it's cancelled and not coming (see my previous post).. Funny really how things work out !I suppose it was always meant to be ! Really over the moon with my choice, but the blue certainly is awesome too ! :2vrolijk_21:
Ride free brothers!

jpswino

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 Ultra Violet Street Glide with Lava Flames
    • CVO2: Backyard Choppers
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2015, 01:04:48 PM »

There is an Ultra Violet in my area for sale. If anyone is willing to come get it. New on the showroom floor, or it was not that long ago.

phantomxrt

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 09:01:24 PM »

I went for the Hard Candy Mercury in the end buddy , strange as this was my original choice when they were first released but never saw one in the flesh, then I went to states last year and fell in love with the blue one I saw in Naples Florida , changed my deposit to the blue one for (which was meant to land in April !), then last week the hard candy arrived at my dealer but another guy had his deposit on it!, man that colour just totally blew me away , never seen anything like it ever from Harley and I just had to have it,funny as the guy with the deposit then backed out after seeing it and so she was mine!!,
Strangely enough the dealer where I had the blue one on order told me yesterday it's cancelled and not coming (see my previous post).. Funny really how things work out !I suppose it was always meant to be ! Really over the moon with my choice, but the blue certainly is awesome too ! :2vrolijk_21:

Awesome. You just cannot describe the impact of the HC with words or photos alone. It's one of those things that has to be seen. Congratulations on your new bike - it was meant to be.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2015, 12:37:25 AM »

Hey I'm happy for you! You know I went through the same thing and had a hard time making up my mind. Not much being said about it, but the bikes really ride and track great in the corners and all. You are going to love it! Cheers.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 02:42:04 AM »

Thanks guys for your comments, :)
I am having my power duals and hi outputs switched over from my Roady king , the noise is just right albeit a bit loud( hope I can hear stereo over it!) and heated grips fitted also, once you've been spoiled with heated grips you don't go back, on my road king they are only turned to setting 11/2 and it just takes the chill out the bars on those fresh early morning rides..... Crikey I can't wait now to pick her up !! ::)
Ride free brothers!

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2015, 09:24:19 AM »

Sounds like you are getting what you want!  I can't wait to see the pictures!

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2015, 12:55:08 PM »

My local dealer in Houma, La just recieved two (2) Hard Candy yesterday. They gonna make somebody happy...

They also have a silver/red CVO Limited on the floor along w a UV Blue SG and (2) Carbon Dust SG's... they have a few CVO's in stock...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 01:03:32 PM by dooinit2u »

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2015, 01:06:27 PM »

Interesting that dealers around Long Island can't seem to get one.....

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2015, 01:30:21 PM »

...and these just came in from the truck. Not like they been overpriced, and sitting on sales floor. Seems like alot of CVO's for this sized market...but, who knows...

ZVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2015, 02:10:03 PM »

Aint that the truth!

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2015, 06:11:48 PM »

Anyone who wants a perfect hard candy...come do a fly and ride to Mn.  My CVO is for sale in the classified section...just saying. 

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2015, 09:35:10 PM »

Anyone who wants a perfect hard candy...come do a fly and ride to Mn.  My CVO is for sale in the classified section...just saying.
What the heck you just bought that?

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

ZVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2015, 10:10:22 PM »

Found something else?

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2015, 09:04:40 AM »

Actually I am looking at getting a Jeep Wrangler for most of my local adventures and will use my GSA for cross country travel.  The lady will not ride on a bike anymore so the CVO sits in the man cave...rather a shame, but life styles change.  Great bike which deserves to be ridden more than it is.  Thanks for the replies.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2015, 01:47:47 PM »

Actually I am looking at getting a Jeep Wrangler for most of my local adventures and will use my GSA for cross country travel.  The lady will not ride on a bike anymore so the CVO sits in the man cave...rather a shame, but life styles change.  Great bike which deserves to be ridden more than it is.  Thanks for the replies.

Best of luck in your future endeavors. I understand. My wife LOVES to ride. Until that changes, it's 2 wheels! But I could see a 2 seater convertible someday!

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2015, 02:00:35 PM »

Thanks. If it doesn't sell...oh well as it is great garage art!;;

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2015, 09:05:09 PM »

Thanks. If it doesn't sell...oh well as it is great garage art!;;

Or....keep it and buy the Jeep.  The Jeep would be for the two of you, and the bike is for you.  We all need to escape....alone!

Cross threaded

• 2015 CVO Street Glide
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2015, 11:39:46 AM »

Congrats on the Hard Candy!!! I too believe it was meant to be…

Hard Candy Mercury/Smokey Quartz Flames
Screamin' Eagle 110
Rinehart True Duals
Rinehart 4" exhaust with Black tips
Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner
Yaffe Originals CVO Stealth III Plate Cover
OEM Chrome Inner Primary
OEM Chrome Starter
OEM Chrome Belt Guard
OEM Chrome Shift Linkage
OEM Chrome Motor Mount
OEM Chrome Motor Mount Linkage
OEM Chrome Fairing Vent
OEM Chrome Passanger Back Rest & CVO Pad
OEM Chrome Saddlebag Latches

skycat

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2015, 05:49:01 AM »

Consider it done Peter. Next rainless day I'll go there for a ride. Probably next week at this stage.
Cheers. Ivan.

Hi Ivan
Thank you so much for going out of your way today to show me your bike. Its the first one i have seen in the flesh so to speak,
Gee they are awesome i cant wait to get mine.
Love to catch up for a ride when she arrives.
Cheers Peter

phantomxrt

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2015, 06:33:58 AM »

Any time buddy. It was a pleasure crossing paths with you. Give me a call any time your throttle hand gets twitchy :-)
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.254 seconds with 24 queries.