Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: SGSE AWSOME MACHINE  (Read 7283 times)

gatorhoop

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV BLUE/MOLTEN LAVA
SGSE AWSOME MACHINE
« on: April 19, 2015, 07:31:21 PM »

Finally found the bike I wanted. We searched high and low for this bike, kept hearing the same story....we have one coming u will have to secure it with deposit. I wasn't willing to do so. We lost all hope and was looking for something else, we took a business trip and stopped a  a dealer that happened to have it and wasn't spoken for. The rest as they say is history. Had my first ride this weekend.  I can't say enough about this bike. It is everything we were looking for....however I am looking to get rid of stock exhaust. My question is will I need a tuner if I put a new head pipe and new mufflers on?

harleyrules

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 SE Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 Low Rider S
Re: SGSE AWSOME MACHINE
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 07:33:33 PM »

Yes, you will need a tuner. Congrats on your new ride. Tell us what color etc..

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 07:45:46 PM »

The bike runs lean from the factory........Do the exhaust and get a tuner (and someone qualified to work with it) and the bike will run so much better.

ZVO

• Dark Platimum? That’s Silver and Black
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE - Gone
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 09:02:15 PM »

Get rid of that CAT also that's the first thing I am going to do!  :pepper:
The Autumn Wind is a pirate.

CVOSGJoe

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 09:10:41 PM »

It is an awesome machine... but sadly even the CVO's are always 1000.00 dollars away from being done.. I my friend would check out the Fuel Moto 2-1-2 ceramic header as well as a Dyno-jet PV-2  tuner.  Purchase them from Fuel Moto and Jamie will provide you will with a pre load map which is spot on.. No dealer or Indy needed to tune your bike..  With that set-up I was running 88.5 HP and 106 TQ. and no heat issues what so ever..     But as my opening statement stated even CVO's are 1000.00 from being done so I took mine to Fuel Moto for Engine mods, now 110 HP and 126 TQ... Your going to love your SGSE!!!
'17 CVO Street Glide w/117 kit.. more mods to come
SOLD-'15 CVO Street Glide. H.C. Mercury Mods are: FM 2-1-2 ceramic header, E-Series FM slip-ons, PV-2, 110 tweaked by Fuel Moto, Detachable Tour-Pak, Heated Seat & Grips and the list goes on....

skullplant

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE Road Glide CVO-Red Pepper
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 07:24:31 AM »

The bike runs lean from the factory........Do the exhaust and get a tuner (and someone qualified to work with it) and the bike will run so much better.

How do I know if I need a tuner? I put on Klock Werks Double Back headers and V&H Carbon Hi Output mufflers on my 2015 SG. I have had many Harley's throughout the years, none of them had tuners, they all ran good in my opinion. To me, this bike runs great. Seems more powerful after the exhaust change. I get no decel popping whatsoever. Do I just install a tuner to see if it runs better. Thanks

ZVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 09:15:12 AM »

How do I know if I need a tuner? I put on Klock Werks Double Back headers and V&H Carbon Hi Output mufflers on my 2015 SG. I have had many Harley's throughout the years, none of them had tuners, they all ran good in my opinion. To me, this bike runs great. Seems more powerful after the exhaust change. I get no decel popping whatsoever. Do I just install a tuner to see if it runs better. Thanks

That would be the case that you got the tune and you get decel-pop and make us as look like we were talking out the side of our neck. With that said, If your bike feels like it is riding great then just ride the crap out of it...eff the tuner.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 01:36:39 PM »

Well in IMHO you should be careful. A very lean running motor CAN run like a bat out of hell right up until the engine seizes! Make sure it is not running too lean at least.

CVOSGJoe

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • PA

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 02:21:51 PM »

I would certainly invest in a tuner, as mentioned with your mods I am betting your running lean as hell and that will cause major issues done the road.  The one that worked best for me is the PV-2.  If you purchase through Fuel Moto that will preload it with a map for your bike with your set-up.  Just flash and go or mount it to do Auto Tunes and more.

'17 CVO Street Glide w/117 kit.. more mods to come
SOLD-'15 CVO Street Glide. H.C. Mercury Mods are: FM 2-1-2 ceramic header, E-Series FM slip-ons, PV-2, 110 tweaked by Fuel Moto, Detachable Tour-Pak, Heated Seat & Grips and the list goes on....

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 05:04:23 PM »

I would call the guys at Fuelmoto.  Get the Power Vision with a map from them....it takes about 2 minutes from start to finish....for about $500

gatorhoop

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV BLUE/MOLTEN LAVA
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 06:13:26 PM »

Thanks for the info everyone it's been very helpful. I look forward to making the change soon. It's just too quiet an too hot.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 07:17:28 PM »

I have to throw in a good word for Fullsac as well! Check out the vender section on this forum. Fullsac has a great setup as well as great service. They also give a discount to members of this forum.

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 07:33:18 PM »

Thanks for the info everyone it's been very helpful. I look forward to making the change soon. It's just too quiet an too hot.

Vance and Hines Power Duals with Rinehart 4" slip ons....not to loud, you can still hear sound system and its a great heat reducing power improvement.

ZVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2015, 08:28:04 PM »

I have to throw in a good word for Fullsac as well! Check out the vender section on this forum. Fullsac has a great setup as well as great service. They also give a discount to members of this forum.

I wanted to buy some this morning, talked to Steve over PM had 3 messages back-to-back he said email me your address I'll invoice you.....still no invoice....looking at other options now.

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2015, 10:43:29 PM »

Forget about the PM back and fourth, best bet is to call. Don't give up so easy, he runs a  business/shop and was more than likely busy. His customer service is excellent as is his product, you wont be disappointed. As mentioned you will receive a discount as well. Just my opinion.

When the time comes I will be buying a set up from Steve again.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 24 queries.