Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010 CVO Street Glide Radio Set Up  (Read 3981 times)

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
2010 CVO Street Glide Radio Set Up
« on: October 26, 2009, 03:11:17 PM »

What am I missing???

I am trying to determine if there is a speaker left right balance control/switch or setup feature.

My right speaker is putting out real good and the left one either isn't or is dead.

I looked in all of the shop manuals and the new owners book and no luck. But then I am getting old.......

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: 2010 CVO Street Glide Radio Set Up
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 04:50:27 PM »

John had the same problem on his 10 SEUC.  Pulled the front fairing off and the speaker was unplugged. :nixweiss:   Worked for awhile then it didn't.....so that means they didn't have it pushed all the way on.  That's an easy check. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 04:53:35 PM »

John had the same problem on his 10 SEUC.  Pulled the front fairing off and the speaker was unplugged. :nixweiss:   Worked for awhile then it didn't.....so that means they didn't have it pushed all the way on.  That's an easy check. :2vrolijk_21:

I was hoping that wasn't the fix. I just had it off to put the new padded dash on.  

Do you know if he also had the problem with the weather stripping coming loose that separates the inner ad outer fairing??? I am thinking new and longer weatherstrip....

Thanks.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 11:51:31 AM by CVOStreetglide »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 06:37:32 PM »

No, don't know of a problem with the fairing seal.  I had that problem a few years back on an 02 Ultra Classic.......just replaced it.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 11:55:56 AM »

No, don't know of a problem with the fairing seal.  I had that problem a few years back on an 02 Ultra Classic.......just replaced it.

I just got done R&R'ing the faring. You were right. There was a white connector that wasn't plugged in to the left side of the speaker.  :oops:

I tested everything before I buttoned it up this time.  

I am surprised though that there isn't a balance feature on the radio.....I mean what if you only had one ear and the other one was bad.....   ;D ;D

Thanks for the info.

Regards

Jerry
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 12:30:32 PM by CVOStreetglide »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 01:04:15 PM »

I mean what if you only had one ear and the other one was bad.....   ;D ;D.
Regards

Jerry

Something you want to share with us. :D

Ya know.....I think it was the left speaker on Jon's bike also, where the connector came loose.  Maybe the guy that was working the left speaker in assembly only had one hand. :huepfenlol2:

Seriously........happy to hear it was a cheap and easy fix for you and your back in business. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 12:42:17 PM »

Something you want to share with us. :D

Ya know.....I think it was the left speaker on Jon's bike also, where the connector came loose.  Maybe the guy that was working the left speaker in assembly only had one hand. :huepfenlol2:

Seriously........happy to hear it was a cheap and easy fix for you and your back in business. :2vrolijk_21:

Yea it's a small white connector on the upper left side of the left speaker as you are facing the open faring area. If you are in a hurry you would over look it since the main harness is plugged in below it near the headlight.

I agree that the assembly guy may have gone to take a 1-100 or something..... :D :D

FWIW: Since I have had this 2010 Street glide and been into it more than a few times I have been finding that many of the bolts are not tightened. Snugged YES tightened NO.

So I am recommending with all of the "people troubles" we new owners need to take the time to be sure that things are as they should be on the bike. I have started a process of going over the complete front end to be sure that things are torqued correctly. I will move to a different section until the complete bike has been gone over.

I think I mentioned that I "sprung" for all of the service manuals when I bought the bike. Just one non-warranty visit at the current labor rates will more than pay for them.

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 25 queries.