Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: cvo softail deluxe for girls?  (Read 3948 times)

lnadler

cvo softail deluxe for girls?
« on: May 18, 2015, 10:45:47 PM »

Seems like many cvo softail deluxe riders are female. Do others agree?
This may steer me away from this bike. What do others think?

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
Re: cvo softail deluxe for girls?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 06:06:08 AM »

i think that is a dumb reason to not buy a bike.  softails typically have lower seat heights than other models and are set up so you ride 'in' the bike, not 'on'.  because of this, sure many females go for them, but then again, so do many other people.  short folks, local riders, someone who wants a 'lower' weight bike, etc.

if you like the bike, buy it.  but then again, i rode a sportster for 4 years before i got a road king :D
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 08:31:58 AM »

As mentioned above many people like the soft tail bikes because they are lower and don't vibrate as much. One of my favorite bikes was the heritage and I had a CVO convertible that I loved as well. I have had sportsters and enjoyed their power. I don't think I would worry about if women ride the bike or not. What is comfortable for you to ride and what makes you happy is what matters when choosing the right bike.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 08:54:26 AM »

Maybe you should rethink your entire reason for buying and riding a bike.  Do you want to ride because you enjoy the actual riding experience, or do you just want to impress folks by being a "biker" and think riding a bike that some women also ride isn't macho enough?  Join the twenty-first century dude.  There are plenty of women riding Harleys these days, from Sportsters to top of the line Touring models.  And many of them can outride a lot of the guys.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

ultrarider123

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 10:03:11 AM »

It's not just for females, Inadler.  It's a great bike for many reasons but having a lower seat height (on any bike, by the way) does make it a more enjoyable ride for the shorter riders (male and female) of our population.  Actually, I see more males on the deluxe than females around here.

If you like it, buy one and don't worry about what anyone says.  If you live your life trying to abide by everyone else's opinion, you have a long, burdensome road my friend. 

BigDawgBrent

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 10:13:32 AM »

There is no question: the CVO Softail Deluxe has been tailored by the MoCo to fit "smaller" riders.  Lower suspension.  Narrower seat tongue.  Smaller diameter bars and grips.  There is no doubt in my mind, the bike fits many female riders - including my 5'2" wife - very well.

However, not all "smaller" riders are female, and I have seen a wide variety of riders - male, female, tall, short, thin, heavy - on these beautiful bikes.  If the bike fits you, ride the hell out of it.  If someone else bitches about YOUR scoot, rev that 110 a little louder and tune them out.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 10:23:43 AM »

I know several women that ride Road Glides.  Does that mean....?    :nixweiss:

It means they ride!    :huepfenjump3:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Sixgunjr

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 05:45:08 PM »

I'm a lesbian, does that count. :P

Page created in 0.247 seconds with 24 queries.