Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Found a used Aluma MC10 but no title problem  (Read 13365 times)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: Found a used Aluma MC10 but no title problem
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2015, 07:49:17 PM »

I have never had the town (you don't have to go to DMV in Maine) ask me for a title on a trailer. Even when I bought a brand new 5x10 Utility trailer in 2011 I registered it with nothing more than a bill of sale. I think the issue is value, maybe not. I could be talking out my ass here but given that I have registered boat trailers and bike trailers etc without a title I'm thinking maybe it isn't an issue until you get into RV terrritory ?
Whatever the case, you've got a bunch of good ideas here on how to deal with it. As too the ramp, without seeing the ramp itself and how it is carried on the trailer when not in use I couldn't help you with an idea on how to make it not rattle. If you want to post a couple of pics of the ramp in use and stowed, I'd be glad to take a crack at designing a way of keeping it quiet

B B

No title on this size trailer here in Iowa just a registration (which I don't have) So I have to register it as homebuilt. $20 a year.

Jesse

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2015, 08:47:32 AM »

You should really like that trailer Jesse. If you've seen the tie-down procedure Chip posted, you will see easy it is to get down the road without hurting your bikes suspension.
I use the same procedure when I tow mine on my MC10.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=97090.0

Tazmun
The "TAZMUN"

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2015, 05:56:47 PM »

You should really like that trailer Jesse. If you've seen the tie-down procedure Chip posted, you will see easy it is to get down the road without hurting your bikes suspension.
I use the same procedure when I tow mine on my MC10.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=97090.0

Tazmun

Thanks Taz.

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2015, 07:38:22 PM »

Thanks Taz.
Have a safe trip to Sturgis, Jess!
The "TAZMUN"

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2015, 10:56:13 PM »

Have a safe trip to Sturgis, Jess!

Will do.

Trailer is registered and I fixed a couple of silly issues.

1. Some nut job had the plastic license plate bracket installed in front of the nuts that hold the left taillamp assembly in place, which, as most of you know, is the ground. The lights wouldn't work so I took the nuts off and put them in front of the bracket then added nuts behind the bracket. 5 min fix.

2. Gorilla glued the black patches back on the fenders.

Did a mock ride today. Rode about 70 miles on the highway to check for any tie down issues, vehicle issues, and trailer issues. Didn't want any surprises next week. Wife helped tie the bike down. She's new to trailers so it was somewhat stressful for her. After we got it all down pact and went on the ride and she saw everything was ok she really started to relax. Important to me she's my partner on all my trips  8)

Anyhow, all good. Averaged about 17mpg which made me happy. I usually get 19-20. When I pulled a 6x12 v-nose aluminum trailer with the bike inside I only got 10!!!!

Hope to see some of you at Sturgis.

Jesse

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2015, 09:23:12 AM »

The time to leave came and we couldn't bring ourselves to trailer. Made it Rapid City in 8 hours and 20 mins on the bike (560 miles) Weather was perfect.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2015, 06:43:38 PM »

That just means what we already know a biker bikes.  You had a choice and you chose wisely.  Heck you made your scoot into a bike that fits your riding style why not ride it.  Next year I hope to have most of my outside projects completed and make Sturgis & Maggie Valley.  I've been to the Dragon but went alone with my wife, as far as Sturgis I might do what others have done and that is to go early or late as I'm not into the loud music and the booze but the riding scenery in the area is awesome.  Have a great time & stay out of the burn out pit! 

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2015, 10:04:40 PM »

Try 3M Ultra trim adhesive on fender pads vs super glue products. Just be sure and let it tack before you set it down because it will be there. More of a exterior industrial use product for mulitple surface adhesion than super glues IMHO.
3M also has a moulding adhesive that comes in several tube sizes that will permanently re-adhere your front shield mldg.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2015, 10:08:57 PM »

Try 3M Ultra trim adhesive on fender pads vs super glue products. Just be sure and let it tack before you set it down because it will be there. More of a exterior industrial use product for mulitple surface adhesion than super glues IMHO.
3M also has a moulding adhesive that comes in several tube sizes that will permanently re-adhere your front shield mldg.
Thanks Don!

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2015, 08:45:58 AM »

Trailers are like helmets.......everybody has their opinion. I love my trailer, makes riding in areas that are a long way from home possible for me. Couple of years ago 4 of us left my house and pulled into the Canadian Rockies 34hrs later fresh & ready for a weeks riding, at 69 I could not do this without a trailer. Ride yours if you choose but don't condemn those that don't.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2015, 08:49:59 AM »

Trailers are like helmets.......everybody has their opinion. I love my trailer, makes riding in areas that are a long way from home possible for me. Couple of years ago 4 of us left my house and pulled into the Canadian Rockies 34hrs later fresh & ready for a weeks riding, at 69 I could not do this without a trailer. Ride yours if you choose but don't condemn those that don't.
Whose condemning? We live 560 miles from Sturgis didn't feel it was far enough to justify trailering. I own a trailer and I'll use it when the time is right.

Maybe that wasn't directed at me. If so,  I apologize :)

« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 08:52:37 AM by Jswerve »

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2015, 09:20:13 AM »

Aimed at no-one Jesse, not even RayG as I know he is a open mined person. 2800 miles in 6 days does not qualify for Iron Butt.......but its about all my Old Butt can handle!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2015, 09:48:15 AM »

Aimed at no-one Jesse, not even RayG as I know he is a open mined person. 2800 miles in 6 days does not qualify for Iron Butt.......but its about all my Old Butt can handle!
I have absolutely no desire for an iron butt patch. 650-700 mile days are my limit. To each his own!

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2015, 10:14:12 AM »

I guess I came across a little to strong on the use of trailering, my apologies if I stepped on anyone's toes as that was not my intention.  I was really commenting on Jesse's decision to ride the bike since he is fairly close to the event.  I'm 61 and like many others on this site have a number of injuries that I have to consider to be able to ride even a short distance.  I can really see the need of a trailer to arrive fresh and ready to ride,  there is the weather to consider,  the ability to switch drivers and keep rolling,  and most of all carry the extra gear to make a long trip more enjoyable.  I would like to ride out to Glacier National Park and quite a few other places but my wife can only take one week at a time so that limits the distance we can go.  Actually when Kirk (aka KIRO) dropped by my place this summer we both came to the conclusion that at this stage in our lives we ride to truly enjoy the ride.  If we are not up to it we take a beak.   Can't stay 20 forever, and arriving fresh can make for a safer trip.   

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2015, 10:15:46 AM »

I guess I came across a little to strong on the use of trailering, my apologies if I stepped on anyone's toes as that was not my intention.  I was really commenting on Jesse's decision to ride the bike since he is fairly close to the event.  I'm 61 and like many others on this site have a number of injuries that I have to consider to be able to ride even a short distance.  I can really see the need of a trailer to arrive fresh and ready to ride,  there is the weather to consider,  the ability to switch drivers and keep rolling,  and most of all carry the extra gear to make a long trip more enjoyable.  I would like to ride out to Glacier National Park and quite a few other places but my wife can only take one week at a time so that limits the distance we can go.  Actually when Kirk (aka KIRO) dropped by my place this summer we both came to the conclusion that at this stage in our lives we ride to truly enjoy the ride.  If we are not up to it we take a beak.   Can't stay 20 forever, and arriving fresh can make for a safer trip.
Ray no blood no foul! All good brother!

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 25 queries.