Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any changes known for EITMS since the 14 changeover?  (Read 3792 times)

motor1

• Elite CVO Member
  • Current Harley: 2022 FLTRKSE

• CVO1: 2022 FLTRKSE
    • CVO2: 2022 FLRTXSE traded, 2015 FLTRUSE traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLTRXSE traded, 2011 FLTRUSE traded
Any changes known for EITMS since the 14 changeover?
« on: August 04, 2015, 07:19:06 PM »

I know they changed the parameters for EITMS with the 14s, (ambient temp vs engine temp). Wondering if that changed again for 15? My 2015 CVO Roadglide never shuts down the rear cylinder, even when bike is red hot. I verified EITMS is on by toggling to info on radio face. I also cycled it on/off and on again. I am wondering if my TTS reflash could have affected that???
Excuses are the conditions under which you have failed.

cvosjoe

• Elite CVO Member
    • Joe's Place
Re: Any changes known for EITMS since the 14 changeover?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 07:33:43 PM »

I think the TTS has its own TMS thats works in stages. Think the first stage is TTS richens the fuel mixture and last thing it does is skip the rear cylinder. Seem to remember being told by someone or reading it somewhere.
2019 FLHXSE Charred Steel/Lightning Silver
2018 FLHXSE - Totaled
2017 FLTRXS Wicked Red Denim
2017 FLHXSE - Traded
2015 FLTRUSE - Traded
2014 FLHTKSE - Traded
2013 FLHTCUSE8 - Traded
2012 FLTRXSE - Sold
2011 FLTRUSE - Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 - Traded
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Traded
2004 FXSTDSE2 - Traded

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 07:40:18 PM »

The stock setup is the same for a 2015 Twin Cooled bike as it was for a 2014 Twin Cooled bike.  The EITMS is activated by ambient air temperature, and the trigger point is 80°F.  Check your info screen and see what ambient temp it's showing when you think the EITMS should have kicked in.  If the ambient temp sensor isn't reporting an accurate temp, that could be a problem.

As for the TTS map, you probably need to contact Steve Cole or one of the guys who tune with TTS for that answer.  It may be something they did differently, as cvosjoe mentioned.  If so, please update us because I haven't seen that mentioned before.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

motor1

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 08:58:15 PM »

As for the TTS map, you probably need to contact Steve Cole or one of the guys who tune with TTS for that answer.  It may be something they did differently, as cvosjoe mentioned.  If so, please update us because I haven't seen that mentioned before.

Thanks I will check with Steve, Nav/Info screen will say 90 plus degrees, and "enabled" and it does not shut rear jug.

robinswl

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited, FLHTKSE
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 04:36:30 PM »

I'm having the same problem with my CVO Limited. It is Texas in August and the EITMS kicked in every time I stopped at a red light last year. The temperature sensor is definitely working. The other day it said the air temperature was 105 degrees. The EITMS display shows as being enabled. I recall that when the EITMS kicked in, the display would change to, "Active." I don't see that now. Last year I was using the MT8 mapping. Over the winter I moved over to the MT9 calibration format. Did you ever get an answer from Steve Cole?
Thanks,
W

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 06:35:10 PM »

Steve answered in the "TTS" vendor section.  Basically he has his own version of EITMS that has a totally different strategy than the one Harley uses.  You need to know that Harley considers their system to be strictly for rider comfort, and shutting down the rear cylinder addresses that by just pumping air through the rear cylinder and exhaust.  Steve has a strategy that addresses keeping the engine healthy, more than just keeping the rider cool. 

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=103553.0

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

robinswl

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited, FLHTKSE
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2015, 03:14:26 PM »

Thanks Jerry. W

motor1

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 07:44:07 PM »

Problem is; the "Harley way" or "the TTS way" it is NOT activating at all. My worry is going to the dealer and having them tell me they have to reflash it; or worse, they go ahead and reflash and tell me after the fact. Unfortunately Steve really didn't answer my question. I plan to call Steve (from Fullsac) to get his opinion.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 09:39:33 PM »

Problem is; the "Harley way" or "the TTS way" it is NOT activating at all. My worry is going to the dealer and having them tell me they have to reflash it; or worse, they go ahead and reflash and tell me after the fact. Unfortunately Steve really didn't answer my question. I plan to call Steve (from Fullsac) to get his opinion.

Yup, I agree.  Maybe he didn't understand the question.

What he needs to explain includes what his version of EITMS actually uses for it's triggers, ambient air temperature or engine temperature, and what those triggers are set at.  And, does his system tell the info screen when it becomes "active", or does that screen just stay on "enabled".  You won't really have an obvious way of knowing when his system just richens the mixture at idle (1st step), but once it gets hot enough to engage the skip fire (2nd step) I would think you would be able to pick that up due to the change in the exhaust sound if nothing else. :nixweiss:

Jerry

Ridgerunr

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2015, 07:31:35 AM »

Yes Steve's post is confusing, to me anyway. Not sure if factory air cooled EITMS engages at engine temp or TTS does.
2004 Roadglide 113" (sold)
2014 CVO RoadKing
2015 RGS

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2015, 08:44:19 AM »

The factory setup still uses engine temperature (front head temp sensor) for air cooled models.  Only the Twin Cooled models use ambient air temp as a trigger.  I'll not attempt to speak for Steve on his system.

Jerry

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 25 queries.