Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bushtec hitch for 14/15  (Read 2179 times)

MontyB

• Amazing! You can actually SEE the laws of physics breaking!
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Twilight
Bushtec hitch for 14/15
« on: September 25, 2014, 08:06:47 PM »

I had a Bushtec hitch on my 2009 SEUC that worked well but I'm not sure if it will fit my 2015.   They are listed as different hitches on the Bushtec website but when I eyeball it, I don't see what's different - looks like it would bolt right up.

I tried calling Bushtec (twice) but the guy they tell me to speak to doesn't seem to answer his phone and won't return a voicemail :(

I'm sure that I need to get a different wiring harness from Bushtec but hoping to get by with my (09) hitch. Has anyone mounted an older hitch on their 2014 or 2015?
"Good news, Marge!  I've learned how to walk naked on stilts!"
Iron Butt Assn #33622
Tennessee Squire

lmahs92

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CT

Re: Bushtec hitch for 14/15
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 06:54:10 PM »

they ARE different!!!!!

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 07:26:51 PM »

Monty,
There are several threads out there about mounting a Bushtec hitch/harness to a 14/15.  I did one a couple of weeks ago about it, and you would do well to read that review at:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=103168.0
Yes, this is for a '15 RGU, but it will be very similar to your Limited.
Additionally, don't be surprised by the lack of support at Bushtec.  Nobody knows for sure what's going on with them, but it generally seems to be bad.  I think for the most part, we still believe for the in their products (for now), but their factory service/sales people act like they just don't care.
See this thread for more details on that:
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=103203.0

As far as using an older hitch or harness on your new scoot, don't bet on it.  I'd definitely get a new harness, but if Bushtec says a slightly older year's hitch would work on a 14/15, I'd take that with a grain of sand.
Sorry I can't be more help.  PM me if you have other questions.
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

dkl032

• ID

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 07:23:19 PM »

bushtec not hidden.  know first hand.  they will tell you to add a bumper!
returned mine, and bought a Mchitch.  easier to remove for warranty work (not hidden as well).
2014 CVO Limited | V&H Power Duals and Monster Ovals | 117 Kit | SE 285 Cams | Dyno Tuned | Rekluse Clutch | Wild One 578 Bars | Floorboard Extensions | Freedom Wind Shield | Airwing LED Light | Custom Dynamics LED Turn Signals and Triple Play/Tour Pak Strobe | LED Fog Lights | FOBO TPMS | Shorty Antennas | Tour Pak Relocator, Wall, Lid Organizer, Ultra Brace | Saddlebag Wall Organizer | Backrest Organizer | Adjustable Passenger Footpegs | Hog Trough Drink Holder | Windshield Pouch | Ohlins

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.