Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Paint Issues on 2015 FLHXSE  (Read 14276 times)

CVOhog1

• Junior CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon/Blk Diamond/Burgandy Blaze
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHXSE Candy Cobalt/Indigo ink
Paint Issues on 2015 FLHXSE
« on: October 14, 2014, 12:55:40 PM »

Has anyone experienced paint issues on their new CVOSG. I have a UV Blue/Molten Lava with the following issues; Clear coat buildup and peeling on the edge of the right lower fairing, Clear coat peeling off the top inside edge of the saddlebag lowers, looks like clear coat stuck to the lid seals, right side saddlebag was painted black on the inside to cover silver over spray. Also the gas tank looks like orange peel when out of the sun. All parts except tank are due to be replaced under warranty. Still working on the tank issue. 
V&H Power Dual Header
V&H High Output Slip On Mufflers
PV 2

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
Re: Paint Issues on 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 01:32:28 PM »

:vrolijk27: :vrolijk27: :vrolijk27: :zwtf: :zwtf: :zwtf: :zwtf:

That sure seems like a lot of paint issue's!   I think I would be a little upset  :-\
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

CVOhog1

• Junior CVO Member
    • NY

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 01:53:58 PM »

I am a lot upset. The dealer has been good so far with getting the parts replaced, still on order of course. My big question is how does this chit pass QC. There are QC stickers all over the inside of the side covers and fenders with dates and initials, the inspectors must be blind or just told to get the stuff out and let the customers address the issues if they choose to. Just curious as to how prevalent these paint issues are on the new SG's. I also looked at a Candy Chrome and Black prior to buying mine and could not believe the silver over spray on the inside of one of the saddlebag lids. Someone's dropping the ball on these $36,000 + machines Harley touts as being their premier pieces. 
V&H Power Dual Header
PV 2

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 02:56:05 PM »

What a shame, I'll be giving mine a good once over before I take delivery of it. Please keep us posted. Which dealer are you using for the replacement parts, curious as to what they said about it.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:00:14 PM by East Coast »

wildmannnn

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 03:04:22 PM »

Sorry to hear bout your paint issues.. I have same color .. fortunately so far so good but only have 509 miles on her.. On another note regarding your performance up grade.. Im planning to do the same headers and pipes with the fuelpak 3. Did you notice a difference in performance ?? and would you do anything different??

CVOhog1

• Junior CVO Member
    • NY

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 03:15:20 PM »

I have had the V&H Power Dual Header and High Output mufflers on three different bikes tuned with a TTS mastertune. They all had great performance including my current bike. The only issue I have is with the decel pop on the new CVOSG. I would recommend them for sure. I cannot comment on the fuelpak as I have never used one. I would steer clear of any inline type tuner. I would go with a TTS or SERT. 
V&H Power Dual Header
PV 2

wildmannnn

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 03:41:42 PM »

Thx CVOHOG.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 08:55:49 PM »

I found paint issues on the tank of my '11 SESG when I went to pick it up. Fortunately they had another one of the same color in stock so they just redid the paperwork with another VIN and I got that bike. Going over it very carefully is a must since the QC from the MoCo is fair to horrible at best.

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 07:04:21 AM »

I posted this in another thread. I too have had a number of paint issues on my 2015 SESG (UltraViolet).  1) Top of the saddlebag shows a spot of silver coming thru, like a dot. 2) Fairing lower also shows silver coming through where there should be orange. 3) inner fairing has a dull spot near the mirror where the outer and inner come together.  All 3 issues are under the clear coat.  The dealer is taking care of all of them under warranty and my dealer did catch all of them prior to delivery. 

mitch.smith

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide Drk Slate and Blk Diamond
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 10:12:07 AM »

Has anyone experienced paint issues on their new CVOSG. I have a UV Blue/Molten Lava with the following issues; Clear coat buildup and peeling on the edge of the right lower fairing, Clear coat peeling off the top inside edge of the saddlebag lowers, looks like clear coat stuck to the lid seals, right side saddlebag was painted black on the inside to cover silver over spray. Also the gas tank looks like orange peel when out of the sun. All parts except tank are due to be replaced under warranty. Still working on the tank issue.
WOW!!!  Think I will keep my 2012 Dark Slate and Black Diamond!!  Good Luck!!!

ultrarider123

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 10:22:05 AM »

I hurt for ya, CVOhog.  To have such a beauty in the ultrav and then have not only one but numerous paint issues would get my gourd.  You stated the dealer was making good on the replacements.  They should.
Problem is not the dealer, however.  It's the factory QC department.  Something is very wrong to let this out of the factory.  Actually, not only the HD factory QC but the company that HD subs out to do the paintwork on the CVO's.  This error should not leave their facility headed to HD.  Both parties dropped the ball in this.  This should not happen no matter whether you buy the base model Sportster or the top of the heap CVO.

CVOhog1

• Junior CVO Member
    • NY

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 11:25:48 AM »

I totally agree
V&H Power Dual Header
PV 2

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 08:20:25 PM »

When we spend our hard earned $ for a bike one would expect to take delivery knowing you have a premium product.
Production line processes (especially automated) have a limited time to complete a task hence the QA issues we see. (All comes to cost to produce the finished product).
That is where the warranty kicks in.

I to had some warranty replacements with no questions asked, even though I pointed them all out on and after delivery.
1. Bat wing fairing had 3 paint chips on the top edge beside the mirror.
2. Clear protection tape on R/H side rear cover had finger prints beneath it. Fixed this my self.
3. R/H Fairing lower Speaker trim had paint runs.
4. Rear fender scratched close to pin stripes.
5. Engine Guard had a dent on L/H side beneath the chrome plus a deep scratch on the R/H side. (Got replacement that was no better so had it rechromed at my cost).
6. Screen trim scratched
7. Heat shields scratched.
8. V/H heat shield on L/H and R/H side scratched. 
9. Rear brake pedal lever had several scratches.
10. Gear shift linkage chrome peeling beside lock nut.
11. Number plate light housing was chipped on both corners.
12. Seat had a small split and signs of stiching pulling through bead.

All replaced under warranty. (A credit to the dealer in getting this all fixed).

At the end I have what I was expecting.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 10:35:51 PM »

I took the "steel toe tour" this summer. I can't imagine how such obvious paint issues could get through, especially on a CVO! Those people were sitting at stations (seemingly) inspecting each piece and sanding an buffing with the proverbial fine tooth comb. Supposedly, they all go through the same line now so how is this happening?  Is CVO paint for these coming from a vendor and not inspected like the regular bikes?
RETIRED! :fireman:

CVOhog1

• Junior CVO Member
    • NY

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2014, 07:49:07 AM »

It is my understanding that the CVO and numbered HD paint sets are done by vendors. I believe one is Gunslinger Custom Paint out of Colorado. Not sure if there are others. The QC inspectors at the assembly plant should have caught this. There are small QC tags all over the inside covers with initials and dates from QC inspectors. Looks to me like they just wanted to get this bike out. New parts are on order. 
V&H Power Dual Header
PV 2

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2014, 09:06:33 AM »

It is my understanding that the CVO and numbered HD paint sets are done by vendors. I believe one is Gunslinger Custom Paint out of Colorado. Not sure if there are others. The QC inspectors at the assembly plant should have caught this. There are small QC tags all over the inside covers with initials and dates from QC inspectors. Looks to me like they just wanted to get this bike out. New parts are on order.

Many of us have been down this same road, going back a dozen years or so.  Some of the worst (most widespread) problems occurred in the 2005 and 2006 model years, but there have been many issues over all years.  And you're correct, the CVO painted parts are supplied by outside vendors.  Gunslinger has been the recent supplier of the tins for the Breakout, for instance, and those guys have had a ton of problems with that "clear over bare metal" paint job.  I believe Calibre is still the vendor for the Touring CVO parts, and they were the folks who screwed up so many parts ten years ago.

Those stickers aren't from the guys at the H-D plant, btw.  Those are from the so-called inspection processes at the vendors.  I'm pretty much convinced H-D doesn't re-inspect those parts at the assembly plant.  They operate the way most companies do these days, having their suppliers self-certify the quality of the parts they ship to the assembly plants.  The old days of thorough incoming inspection are long gone, due to cost constraints as well as the just-in-time inventory systems employed by most assembly plants.  As for a final inspection once the bikes are assembled, I have no idea if they have such an inspection at all.  Considering some of the obvious errors that have been getting out to customers in recent years, I imagine any final inspections have been pared back just like other inspections.  The entire inspection process is considered non-value added in todays production systems.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

ultrarider123

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2014, 09:12:22 AM »

The entire inspection process is considered non-value added in todays production systems.
Jerry

....and a very sad state of the current manufacturing process.

I'll like to nominate this for the quote of the week.....

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2014, 11:06:48 AM »

I do plan on calling HD customer service to lodge my concerns.  I just don't want any heat passed on to my dealer who has been nothing but outstanding.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2014, 11:25:34 AM »

I am a lot upset. The dealer has been good so far with getting the parts replaced, still on order of course. My big question is how does this chit pass QC. There are QC stickers all over the inside of the side covers and fenders with dates and initials, the inspectors must be blind or just told to get the stuff out and let the customers address the issues if they choose to. Just curious as to how prevalent these paint issues are on the new SG's. I also looked at a Candy Chrome and Black prior to buying mine and could not believe the silver over spray on the inside of one of the saddlebag lids. Someone's dropping the ball on these $36,000 + machines Harley touts as being their premier pieces.

Many of us have been down this same road, going back a dozen years or so.  Some of the worst (most widespread) problems occurred in the 2005 and 2006 model years, but there have been many issues over all years.  And you're correct, the CVO painted parts are supplied by outside vendors.  Gunslinger has been the recent supplier of the tins for the Breakout, for instance, and those guys have had a ton of problems with that "clear over bare metal" paint job.  I believe Calibre is still the vendor for the Touring CVO parts, and they were the folks who screwed up so many parts ten years ago.

Those stickers aren't from the guys at the H-D plant, btw.  Those are from the so-called inspection processes at the vendors.  I'm pretty much convinced H-D doesn't re-inspect those parts at the assembly plant.  They operate the way most companies do these days, having their suppliers self-certify the quality of the parts they ship to the assembly plants.  The old days of thorough incoming inspection are long gone, due to cost constraints as well as the just-in-time inventory systems employed by most assembly plants.  As for a final inspection once the bikes are assembled, I have no idea if they have such an inspection at all.  Considering some of the obvious errors that have been getting out to customers in recent years, I imagine any final inspections have been pared back just like other inspections.  The entire inspection process is considered non-value added in todays production systems.

Jerry

Since Harley uses the "just in time" assembly process I would guess the odds of finding a defect on the line and not having any limited CVO paint tins to pull from, means the defect gets installed.

My 05 had 2 defects. Lower inner fairing replaced right away with no issues. The tourpak lid had a defect which manifested itself after about 6 months of non use. That  required inspection by a rep and an 7-8 month wait for the part.

I eventually ordered a king tourpak and just like the first, after months of non use I ended up with the same defect in the same area.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2014, 05:56:10 PM »

Can you guys post some pics of the paint issues, just curious what your experiencing
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Rkw

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2014, 05:58:19 PM »

I have minor paint issues with my 15 CVO as well. When you open the saddlebags, the inner trim surrounding the top of the saddlebag has yellow overspray. There is also a QC sticker with initials under the lid. The entire inner should be black, not see any yellow in my opinion.

Any thoughts on the wiring running inside the bags. On my bike, it seems they should have run them differently, otherwise you risk placing something on top, or you have to loop it up in air to get stuff under the wiring.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2014, 07:00:06 PM »

I have minor paint issues with my 15 CVO as well. When you open the saddlebags, the inner trim surrounding the top of the saddlebag has yellow overspray. There is also a QC sticker with initials under the lid. The entire inner should be black, not see any yellow in my opinion.

Any thoughts on the wiring running inside the bags. On my bike, it seems they should have run them differently, otherwise you risk placing something on top, or you have to loop it up in air to get stuff under the wiring.

How about a photo of the wiring?  As for the yellow overspray, you're correct, it shouldn't be there.  Have the dealer see if they can remove it with some solvent.  Let them do it, rather than do it yourself, since if you use the wrong stuff and it does something to the plastic they won't cover it.

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Rkw

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2014, 10:37:44 PM »

I will post photos tomorrow; here is a faint shot of 1 bag's wiring

In this photo, you can see they have 1 retaining clip (upper left of photo) where you have to place part of the wiring under the retainer; the remaining wiring line does not have any retainers, as you can see the black wiring line snakes loosely. The inner travel bags you get w/the bike for the CVO SG are smaller than the inner travel bags I had w/my '14 SG (kept from my '13 Ultra.

As a result of the protruding harness, coupled with the loose wiring not retained, smaller inner travel bags, traveling w/just these 2 bags will be limited as compared to the saddlebags on a regular SG. I have already done a comparison. In fact, to create more room, for the '15 CVO, it will probably be best not to use the inner travel bags to pack your stuff, and just lay them inside the saddle bag, and place the wiring on top when finished.

For day to day, its not as bad---but even for groceries, I can't carry what I used to. We all use our bikes differently, but when you move from one model to another, with the same saddlebags, you grow accustomed. In this case, you give up space, and ultimately some comfort if traveling (less space for things), in exchange for your stereo.

Harley should discuss these things with guys like us as they move forward with creating new bikes, features, etc. Don't they see these things? Otherwise, i love my bike.

It wouldn't be as bad if the lines could be run flush along the side of the bag, and run flush deep in the rear of the saddlebag, and then up to the speaker under the lid.

For those of us who travel using our saddlebags, I can tell you this: the travel bags that come w/the bike are of limited use
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 01:05:23 PM by Rkw »

Rkw

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2014, 11:06:11 PM »

Another

Rkw

« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2014, 11:15:08 PM »

Last one

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2014, 11:18:34 PM »

Last one

I had some too, just hit it with a micro-fiber & some bug and tar remover and it was gone   :2vrolijk_21:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2014, 08:50:55 AM »

I can't believe H-D just leaves that wiring harness flopping loose like that.  I'd have a talk with the dealership first, and if they aren't interested I'd call H-D.  At the very least that wiring should be routed along the side of the bag and held in place with some sort of retainers.

I guess we can safely assume the saddlebags are no longer for serious luggage carrying duties, but rather just a place to hang a couple more speakers and wiring. 

Jerry

ultrarider123

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2014, 09:06:20 AM »

At the very least that wiring should be routed along the side of the bag and held in place with some sort of retainers.

I guess we can safely assume the saddlebags are no longer for serious luggage carrying duties, but rather just a place to hang a couple more speakers and wiring.  Jerry

I'm with you on the retainers along with the wiring should be "shaped" around the inside of the bag.  Don't like the new wiring connection/harness inside the bag.  On the pre 2015 scooters with the saddlebag speakers, the wiring and harness was something you worked around but you could do so.  This new harness sicking out about what looks like at least an inch two inches is just in the way.  There really isn't a way to pack around it using the HD saddlebag soft bags...or any bag.  I would guess this plug design will be the subject of many warranty issues.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2014, 02:58:22 AM »

Wow! Sorry to read of all these problems! For the price we pay for CVOs, they ought to be picture-perfect motorcycles.

It's a damn shame you guys buying the '15s are experiencing chit like this, because there is absolutely NO excuse for the MoCo letting obvious defects as described in this thread, and in others, out of the factory. I would be hopping mad to have to deal with these kinds of issues on a $36,000 new CVO.  I hope the MoCo corrects these glaring issues for you quickly.

The more of these posts I read, the more set I am in keeping Honey Badger. I swear she was built on a Thursday morning, after church night with no hangovers, because everything on her was absolutely perfect. But I suspect she was one of a very few to leave the factory like that.

Best wishes!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

CVOhog1

• Junior CVO Member
    • NY

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2014, 04:02:51 PM »

Here are some pictures of the paint issues I mentioned. Metal Flake showing through on the edge of the fairing, Clear coat buildup and peeling on lower, clear coat chipping on top edge of saddlebag lowers and just yesterday noticed some type of liquid running down the inside of my speedometer. Nice for a $36,000 premier piece of Harley Engineering.
V&H Power Dual Header
PV 2

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2014, 02:26:28 PM »

Here are some pictures of the paint issues I mentioned. Metal Flake showing through on the edge of the fairing, Clear coat buildup and peeling on lower, clear coat chipping on top edge of saddlebag lowers and just yesterday noticed some type of liquid running down the inside of my speedometer. Nice for a $36,000 premier piece of Harley Engineering.

:nixweiss:

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2014, 02:34:19 PM »

No pics?

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2014, 11:18:24 PM »

Well sorry to hear about the paint problems. I bought a blue/orange a week ago. I was torn between the silver and this one. I still have not seen a silver one, but I was able to see two blue/orange at street vibrations and talk to the owners. I was sold on this color. I still have not ridden it yet, since I am having the dealer install yaffe apes, heated grips, and highway pegs. I am having the monkey bars powder coated to match (as close as possible) the molten lava flames. Anyway, all this talk about the paint issues made me stop at the dealer today and scrutinize the paint again. It looks perfect to me. Maybe the only way I can say for sure is when I go over it inch by inch waxing it... but looks perfect at this point.

I hope you get it worked out. I can not wait to crank up the insane stereo and haul ass on a ride! I might have to steal a few things off of my current street glide before I sell it, like the Corbin and the Bub exhaust, or just go all new again!

Philip

• CVO1: 2017 Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Glide
    • CVO3: 2010 Street Glide
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2014, 11:59:49 PM »

I passed on a UV bike that arrived with paint issues & fairing fitment problems. No way am I going to wait while HD has my money & then have a potential for further issues during replacement. HD needs to take a sheet from the Porsche play book. Premium means check your work people!! My concern when a part is signed off on is what about the mechanical parts?? Those can be catastrophic when a failure occurs. How the hell does a bike ship with such obvious Issues?? I recently saw a CVO RG Ultra with a dented tank and missing rear floor board. All from factory!!

HD step up the QC! We are spending stupid money and expect the best! Not what you are delivering at present!
2017 CVO Street Glide (Current)
2015 CVO Street Glide
2010 CVO Street Glide
2009 Softail Rocker

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2014, 04:51:44 PM »

Saddlebag overspray under lid....very disappointing
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 04:59:49 PM by Cat Eye »

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2014, 04:55:47 PM »

Other lid has the speaker installed backward....and the mid-range pod is hitting the outer black screen,  plus the speaker sounds terrible
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 05:04:20 PM by Cat Eye »

bigC

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE gone
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE sold
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2014, 06:36:38 PM »

Here's my paint issues. It's the underside lip on both saddle bags. At least it can't be seen when they are closed. As I said earlier, new ones have been ordered. Left side.
Maggie Valley 2016     MITM ES 2017   WV GTG 2018 
Maggie valley 2017     MITM ES 2018   WV GTG 2021
Maggie Valley 2018     MITM ES 2019   OH GTG 2022
Maggie Valley 2019
Maggie Valley 2022
Maggie Valley 2023

bigC

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE gone
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE sold
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2014, 06:37:07 PM »

Right side.
Maggie Valley 2016     MITM ES 2017   WV GTG 2018 
Maggie valley 2017     MITM ES 2018   WV GTG 2021
Maggie Valley 2018     MITM ES 2019   OH GTG 2022
Maggie Valley 2019
Maggie Valley 2022
Maggie Valley 2023

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2014, 11:23:43 AM »

WTF!  This is a motorcycle that cost more then a lot of cars!  This really makes Harley and ESPECIALLY "CVO" look bad!  I've looked at the standard and "special" versions of all of the touring bikes and the paint on them is great.....the bikes that cost $10-$15K less don't have these issues?  Maybe they need to rethink the Custom when it comes to paint in CVO.

firesam23

• Full CVO Member
  • It's only money Can't take it with you
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO SG HC Mercury
    • CVO2: 2011 SG Harley Custom numbered paint set candy red with skulls
    • CVO3: 2003 1200 Sportster Black/Silver
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2014, 09:02:11 PM »

Any idea on how the MOCO is taking to send out replacement parts?  I'm waiting for parts to come also.  I didn't want to pick bike up till everything is fixed.
It was women, it was sinnin’, it was alcohol
It was everything the bible says will make a man fall

mark

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2014, 09:15:05 PM »

Don't want to bum anyone out about their new ride, but I will not buy another CVO.  I've got two riding buddies with CVOs and they both traded for 15 SGS.  You expect an excellent product when buying a company's top of the line motorcycle.  How disappointing. 

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2014, 10:24:16 AM »

First round...HD says no warranty on the overspray.  I started laughing and the dealer said he did understand...then I told him that lawyers have to eat too.  We can do this the easy way or the hard way.  He then asked for a few more days. :nixweiss:

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2014, 10:51:09 AM »

First round...HD says no warranty on the overspray.  I started laughing and the dealer said he did understand...then I told him that lawyers have to eat too.  We can do this the easy way or the hard way.  He then asked for a few more days.

Good for you letting them know you aren't just going to 'go away'!

ultrarider123

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2014, 10:58:41 AM »

First round...HD says no warranty on the overspray.  I started laughing and the dealer said he did understand...then I told him that lawyers have to eat too.  We can do this the easy way or the hard way.  He then asked for a few more days.

That response is one I do not figure.  Bad paint is bad paint whether you can see it or not OR whether it's suppose to be there or not.  I agree with Kiro in stating good you are pursuing this issue past the "sorry, can't help you" first response.  I'd be in there right with you if it were my scooter.

mark

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2014, 01:40:33 PM »

First round...HD says no warranty on the overspray.  I started laughing and the dealer said he did understand...then I told him that lawyers have to eat too.  We can do this the easy way or the hard way.  He then asked for a few more days. :nixweiss:

How much are you willing to spend in legal fees to correct an overspray problem that can only be seen when the bags are open ($1,000?, $2,000?). BTW, the average hourly rate for a lawyer is about $285.  Litigation is not your friend.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2014, 03:58:16 PM »

How much are you willing to spend in legal fees to correct an overspray problem that can only be seen when the bags are open ($1,000?, $2,000?). BTW, the average hourly rate for a lawyer is about $285.  Litigation is not your friend.

Totally understand that litigation is not the answer....but what I am willing to do is have a lawyer send a letter of my intentions to file in small claims court for damages....damages being that I will buy a new lid and have it installed.

Which means the first step is to get a statement in writing that the overspray is normal and is not a quality issue.  I am assuming that they will change their position if I keep pushing.

Wondering
Does anyone else have this overspray like mine?

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2014, 04:18:10 PM »

My overspray issue, This is now getting comical.

Salesmen......says its not right
Service Manager....says its not right
Dealership Owner....says its not right
HD District Rep....says its not right

Harley Davidson...say its fine.....within there cometic guidelines....Overspray in zone D is ok.

Now the District Rep is going to advocate for me.

jpp1st

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2015, 08:30:25 AM »

So how did you make out on the overspray issue?
Jim

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2015, 06:16:37 PM »

The dealer offered to replace them....but I ended up cleaning it up myself with Goop-off.

I only took about an hour and the Goop-off did a good job.

jpp1st

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2015, 01:35:04 PM »

Good to hear.  I picked mine up on Sunday (Black and gold) no issues at all.  Dealer must have given it a good once over.  Was surprised to find neutral as easily as I did.  Best new bike yet!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2015, 02:17:34 PM »

The dealer offered to replace them....but I ended up cleaning it up myself with Goop-off.

I only took about an hour and the Goop-off did a good job.

If the dealership had just cleaned off the overspray in the first place, they could have saved you a lot of hassle.  And if they aren't one of the dealerships that has a painter on site, they most assuredly must have a local paint shop they use.  Anyone experienced with this sort of thing would have just cleaned the overspray off the interior surface, and if they really did anything on those $500 and up "prep" jobs, other than count the money, they could have taken care of it before you took delivery of the bike.  In many cases replacement is the only option on a CVO painted part, but overspray on an interior part of a saddlebag isn't one of those cases.

Jerry

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 24 queries.