Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Issues with the Black 2015 CVO Street Glide?  (Read 25197 times)

Gunz2090

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

Issues with the Black 2015 CVO Street Glide?
« on: December 10, 2014, 08:42:25 AM »

I've had a down payment down for the 2015 black CVO street Glide since September.  My dealer originally told me it was scheduled to be in at the end of Sept.  The date keeps getting bumped back.    they say now that it should be in in about another week. 
    There are hardly any Black CVO's pictured on the internet.    Has anyone heard of any trouble with their production ?        Seems like you see all of the other colors all over the net, but rarely any of the blacks.

Cashman

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

• CVO1: 2015 Street Glide CVO
Re: Issues with the Black 2015 CVO Street Glide?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 09:00:22 AM »

Hmmm....now that you mention it, I have not seen any of the Starfire Black bikes.  I would love to see one of these...the HD corporate site photos don't do any of the colors any justice.  They all seem to look a LOT better in person.  I waited 4 months for my Hard Candy Mercury bike...good luck!

Gunz2090

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 09:15:06 AM »

The dealer I'm buying from had the same bike on the floor right when they came out this year, but it was sold.     Once I saw it in person and also heard the stereo with the two 300 watt amps,  I put my down payment down for the one that I'm still waiting on.
      I'm trading in a 2011 FLHTK that I chromed the hell out of.   Decided this blacked out look would be a nice change of pace.   Allready have king tour pak and accessories as well as a bunch of other parts ordered.    Want to be ready to roll in style in the spring.

3mcam

• Junior CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTKSE Bronze Armor
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 10:00:22 AM »

Same story here. I had one on order since Sept. with a delivery date of early Dec. and I was informed last week that it might be some time in January. I told them to change to a CVO Limited and I am picking it up next week.

Gunz2090

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 10:08:59 AM »

I may have considered doing the same thing if I hadn't already ordered add ons.    Too cold to do much if any riding here in IL now anyway.  Comes in when it comes in I guess at this point.

ultrarider123

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 10:21:44 AM »

There was one scheduled for December (sometime) at K'ville HD and the sales manager was going to call me when it came in (along with any UV) but last time I was over there (a week ago), no word on the black/gold.  May be they are having issues with paint and quality....although bad/poor quality paint issues hadn't stopped the MoCo from releasing something to the public so far.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 01:23:52 PM by Haird »

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member

bigC

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE gone
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE sold
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 09:51:15 PM »

I'm not to sure I would worry about the delivery date being pushed back. I put a deposit on the HC before it came in. I was told it was due to arrive in early Oct. The delivery date got pushed back and showed up 6 weeks from what I was told. Once you get it, you will forget about the waiting time.
Maggie Valley 2016     MITM ES 2017   WV GTG 2018 
Maggie valley 2017     MITM ES 2018   WV GTG 2021
Maggie Valley 2018     MITM ES 2019   OH GTG 2022
Maggie Valley 2019
Maggie Valley 2022
Maggie Valley 2023

DOWNTOWN DON

• Full CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: 2012 flhxse3 Black diamond, Dark slate. (WRECKED)
    • CVO2: 2015 flhxse4 Starfire Black/Gold Dust Flames.
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2014, 08:50:33 AM »

I'm in the same boat up here. Ordered my black bike in Sept, and still no word on when it will show. I've already got my fullsac exhaust, lrs windshield, cvo ultra passenger boards, matching backrest pad, fork tie downs, fairing wind deflectors, mid frame heat shields, fork baffle, 4 post docking kit, and the solo tour pak mount, plus a few other goodies, sitting here waiting.
CVO1:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2" power cores & tts mastertune, mustang super solo vintage/13" rear pillion, 7" lrs ultra elite dark tint windshield, truk lite ph7 headlight & custom dynamics signals,  color matched king tour pak.
CVO2:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2 1/4" power cores, screens, & tts mastertune, 7" lrs ultra elite/dark tint/screemin eagle scripture, fairing vents, fork baffle, matching pass boards & backrest, and a LOT more to come.

Thx and come again: "DOWNTOWN DON"

hspring03

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 11:45:13 AM »

Cape Cod Harley had the Black.  I didn't like it.  There is barley any contrast between the gold and the black.

Enigmatic

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2014, 12:40:20 AM »

my dealer traded this one for my uv blue. I didn't want to fight the black. But the flakes in the black are awesome. Really has to be seen to appreciate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2014, 02:27:00 AM »

Cape Cod Harley had the Black.  I didn't like it.  There is barley any contrast between the gold and the black.

i bet once it gets out in the sun, the contrast between the 2 colors will be much more noticeable.  kinda like my bike, most people think it is black and gold, until they see it in the sun and the green just really jumps out.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2014, 09:56:57 AM »

I'm glad they offer other options for us besides all Easter Egg combo's....  ;D

DOWNTOWN DON

• Full CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: 2012 flhxse3 Black diamond, Dark slate. (WRECKED)
    • CVO2: 2015 flhxse4 Starfire Black/Gold Dust Flames.
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2014, 11:28:28 AM »

I'm glad they offer other options for us besides all Easter Egg combo's....  ;D

Same here. I dont want a bike that people go, Nice bike, as it's roaring down the road a block away at 60 mph. I want one that as they walk past it parked, they take a step back and say WOW!! That's freaking awesome looking. I guess different individual tastes is why we take a $40,000 bike spend another $5000 to have what we want. 
CVO1:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2" power cores & tts mastertune, mustang super solo vintage/13" rear pillion, 7" lrs ultra elite dark tint windshield, truk lite ph7 headlight & custom dynamics signals,  color matched king tour pak.
CVO2:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2 1/4" power cores, screens, & tts mastertune, 7" lrs ultra elite/dark tint/screemin eagle scripture, fairing vents, fork baffle, matching pass boards & backrest, and a LOT more to come.

Thx and come again: "DOWNTOWN DON"

Gunz2090

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IL

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 08:00:32 PM »

Theres a few new listings for the Black CVO Street Glides on Cycle Trader that have actual pics.   My dealer is now saying mines supposed to be shipped Jan 7th.    Hopefully I may actually see it soon this time. 
 $$$$ worth of parts are waiting to be put on.   Ready to Rock ! 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 24 queries.