Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 CVO street Glide Squeaking and 1K Service Cost  (Read 2244 times)

Rkw

2015 CVO street Glide Squeaking and 1K Service Cost
« on: December 17, 2014, 12:42:31 PM »

In a previous thread, I mentioned the squeaking that was coming from the fork/front fairing area, and received responses as to what may be the cause of it. I put up with the noise until I needed my 1K service, which I just had done.

The squeaking noise was the result of 2 missing lock nuts on the amplifier mount.

As for service, the 1K service was $308.82 on the '15 CVO SG w/synthetic. As mentioned before in a previous post, service at these dealers has always been under $310 (1K, 5k, 10K, etc using synthetic): Baltimore Harley Davidson on Pulaski Highway; Chesapeake Harley in Darlington, MD; and Buffalo Harley in Buffalo, New York.

The following two dealerships ripped me off, and I am sure they have charged others these prices as well?

#1---Killer Creek Harley in Roswell, GA charged $405 for a 1K service on a 2012 Street Glide in 2012 as I travelled x-ctry.

#2---Silver Eagle Harley in Waterloo, Iowa charged $365 on a 2014 Street Glide for a 5k service this past summer heading home from Sturgis; then tell me to have my rear pads changed in another 2k miles, instead of calling me while it was being serviced and saying it'll cost 40 bucks to change your pads (if you want us to do it now)---or you can wait another 2K miles, take it to your local dealer and be charged what????

Yes, I moaned and groaned, but these 2 dealers did not cave; therefore, they are dealers to AVOID.

Keep this in mind as you travel around on your bike, and need service at a dealer (those of us who take our bikes to a dealer).

« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 12:44:04 PM by Rkw »

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO Ultra Limited - 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (Traded)

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
Re: 2015 CVO street Glide Squeaking and 1K Service Cost
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 02:36:15 PM »

The service items for those milestone service intervals is out lined in the owners manual.  If you have a little service knowledge and a few basic tools plus a lift, you can do those service procedures yourself.  If you are not comfortable by all means take it to the dealer.  Beware that the dealers don't put the top techs on the milestone service.  If you do it yourself you also can combine the service with a cleaning and kill two birds!  Overall the cost savings will pay for a lot of tools/lifts etc in a short time.  Regarding service on the road, if you start with good tires, a fresh oil change and good brakes, you can make most trips with out service check ups while on the road.  Synthetic oil can go 5k to 7.5k between changes especially if you are doing long distance over the road trips.  Just my opinion. 
Do it now!

mark

Re: 2015 CVO street Glide Squeaking and 1K Service Cost
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2014, 08:42:28 PM »

The service items for those milestone service intervals is out lined in the owners manual.  If you have a little service knowledge and a few basic tools plus a lift, you can do those service procedures yourself.  If you are not comfortable by all means take it to the dealer.  Beware that the dealers don't put the top techs on the milestone service.  If you do it yourself you also can combine the service with a cleaning and kill two birds!  Overall the cost savings will pay for a lot of tools/lifts etc in a short time.  Regarding service on the road, if you start with good tires, a fresh oil change and good brakes, you can make most trips with out service check ups while on the road.  Synthetic oil can go 5k to 7.5k between changes especially if you are doing long distance over the road trips.  Just my opinion.
X2.  Routine service is very basic.  Spend a little now on a service manual, some tools, a jack or lift, and save thousands over the long haul.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 08:44:07 PM by Mark »

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 24 queries.