Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shifter pegs for 09 USE4  (Read 1241 times)

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
Shifter pegs for 09 USE4
« on: October 31, 2008, 05:25:55 PM »

I added a heel rest to my highway pegs.  Now I am choking at the price to put the shifter pegs on for the finished product.  Since HD has no package for these shifter pegs the dealer said they would have to order out of the FLHTCUSE4 part book.  Two shifter pegs over $100.00. 
Anybody have any help.
My guess is if I wait they will come out with the kit and it will be subtantially cheaper.
Trouble is I am not a patient man.
I have the very ugly stock rubber shifter pegs (that were laying in my tool box) on there just to try out.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 05:43:22 PM by guppytrash »

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Shifter pegs for 09 USE4
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 05:30:07 PM »

Another shot.  I know those shifter pegs look horrible.  It will look good when I get the matching shifter pegs.  It is very comfortable.

REGGAB

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 11:29:18 PM »

Another shot.  I know those shifter pegs look horrible.  It will look good when I get the matching shifter pegs.  It is very comfortable.

Jenni (513) 874-4343.  Gather your part numbers and call her.  She'll square you away.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
Hwy peg/heel rest
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 06:26:51 PM »

Sorry I was too lazy to find my original thread so I just started a new one.
I got the shifter pegs from Jenni today so it now looks finished.
It accomplished to goals for me:  1. heel rest  2. it moved the peg a little further from the lower
Looking forward to a test run in about 2 months when it finally warms and we get a few layers of salt off the road.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Hwy peg/heel rest
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 06:37:58 PM »

Sorry I was too lazy to find my original thread so I just started a new one.
I got the shifter pegs from Jenni today so it now looks finished.
It accomplished to goals for me:  1. heel rest  2. it moved the peg a little further from the lower
Looking forward to a test run in about 2 months when it finally warms and we get a few layers of salt off the road.
It's been found and they have been merged so we can see the begining and end.

New pegs look great and fit so much better. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 07:02:59 PM »

Thanks Firedood
Here's another view.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 10:41:44 PM »

I added a heel rest to my highway pegs.  Now I am choking at the price to put the shifter pegs on for the finished product.  Since HD has no package for these shifter pegs the dealer said they would have to order out of the FLHTCUSE4 part book.  Two shifter pegs over $100.00. 
Anybody have any help.
My guess is if I wait they will come out with the kit and it will be subtantially cheaper.
Trouble is I am not a patient man.
I have the very ugly stock rubber shifter pegs (that were laying in my tool box) on there just to try out.

Where did you get the heel rest?  Is that a part that will go right on there or did you have to fabricate something to work?

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 06:34:02 AM »

Where did you get the heel rest?  Is that a part that will go right on there or did you have to fabricate something to work?

Rider Footpeg Heel Rests for Forward Controls

Uniquely designed to isolate vibration. Standard on FXR, FXD, FXDL, FXD CONV. and '91-later XL models. Use as highway or passenger pegs only for FXDWG, XL Custom, and Softail® models. May also

50227-01

Fits '93-'02 FXDWG and '89-later FX Softail® models. Also fits Dyna® models equipped with Forward Control Kit P/N 49080-93 and late '87-'99 FXSTS and FXSTC models equipped with Extended Reach Forward Control Kit P/N 49163-91.

MSRP US $119.95

I think these are the ones I used.  Just an off the shelf harley part.  One very slight mod required for the set screw holding the lever in place.
Hardest part to get is the shifter pegs, you will need to order them from your dealer out of the CVO parts book.

A local dealer has two in stock at 45% off. 

You end up with 2 knuckles so I just tighten the footpeg knuckle tight so when I want to fold them up they fold at the first knuckle.  Clear as mud...just look at the first picture and it might make sense, if it doesn't I will try and get you another picture to explain.
Get it all adjusted for your leg length and then just be careful not to fall asleep while riding.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 06:38:25 AM »

Sorry I thought the picture would show up.  I tried to copy and paste from the HD website.
I also added the anti-sag D-clips because I thought they looked like they were hanging down after I was done.  Now they both angle up slightly, which IMOP looks better.

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 25 queries.