Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First Ride of the Season with Slip Ons and Power Vision Tune  (Read 2479 times)

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
First Ride of the Season with Slip Ons and Power Vision Tune
« on: March 22, 2013, 07:49:39 PM »

Was around 40 degrees today and sunny, so decided it was time to take the cover off, install the battery, and flash the ecm with the new tune from Dynojet.  First thing I noticed was the 100% better sound from the Rush slip ons I put on over the winter.  Dynojet supplied me with a tune that I flashed via PV-2 and as long as the fuel economy is decent I have no complaints at all-not one pop on decel (knock on wood).  I saw the tune they gave me was one designed for a 2 into two system and it didn't say slip ons, so I am hoping that the gas milage stays good, otherwise I will do a basic autotune.  Now a question for those out there with a similar set up, what was the canned tune that you used (the file number)?  Just curious to see if the same tune I am using is one used by those of you with like a vance and hines 2-2 setup.

Dell boy

• Junior CVO Member
Re: First Ride of the Season with Slip Ons and Power Vision Tune
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 12:36:29 PM »

I'm runing the same set up - V&H straightshot cans but with quite baffles and the tune Dynajet sent me was 13S1100024XX.pvt

Only done 200 mile son it but it seems good to me with no popin and better throttle responce. Next stage is to autotune it over a couple of decent rides but its soddin snowing again so that's this weekend out the window

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 06:47:49 PM »

the tune DJ sent me for my 2-2 had my name and date as the filename, so I don't think I can help here.....

I only ran on that tune for at 10 minutes before I started running autotunes, so it didn't last very long!
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Dobeman2000

• Senior CVO Member
  • His and Hers

• CVO1: 2013 Red Breakout
    • CVO2: 2013 Gold Breakout
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 11:30:25 AM »

Thanks Z,  I will ride for a few tanks of gas and test the milelage to see if I even need to autotune.  there is no popping on decel and that was my major concern, so as long as the mpg is good then I'm happy.  I will be doing the same for my wife's bike when I get that out of storage. 

the tune DJ sent me for my 2-2 had my name and date as the filename, so I don't think I can help here.....

I only ran on that tune for at 10 minutes before I started running autotunes, so it didn't last very long!

Z06_Pilot

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 Breakout-crimson red
    • CVO2: 2012 V-Rod/10th Anniversary edition..well it SHOULD have been a CVO!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 11:50:37 AM »

Thanks Z,  I will ride for a few tanks of gas and test the milelage to see if I even need to autotune.  there is no popping on decel and that was my major concern, so as long as the mpg is good then I'm happy.  I will be doing the same for my wife's bike when I get that out of storage.  

yea, i think you will like the AT....made a big difference on my bike after 8 or 10 AT sessions.

When I check out the AFM graph and 3d diagram in the PV software on my PC of the DJ tune they sent me and where I am at with AT now, there is a noticeable difference.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 11:55:30 AM by Z06_Pilot »
2013 CVO Breakout-crimson red, V/H Big Radius 2-2, Power Vision tuner, Kuryakyn swingarm plate mount
2012 10th Anniversary V-Rod, TAB slash-cut exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 Pro Tuner

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 22 queries.