Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Road Glide® Windshield Trim?  (Read 14599 times)

Phixtit

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2013 H-D® FLTRXSE2-ANV CVO™ Road Glide® Custom 110

• CVO1: 2013 CVO FLTRXSE2-ANV
Road Glide® Windshield Trim?
« on: November 03, 2012, 03:59:43 PM »

Does anyone know if this will work on the 2013 FLTRXSE2?
Part #: 57400150
Fits '04-later Road Glide® models (except FLTRXSE and FLTRUSE).

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Road Glide® Windshield Trim?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 08:16:20 PM »

I've seen one on a bike exactly like mine locally, I tried like hell to get one to fit and wasn't successful. Best thing I can tell you is to measure the distance in the holes of you windshield and then head to your local dealer and measure on of those to see if the holes match up.

Others on here have given me good advice on installing one but I really don't want to end up with a pile of scrap tin after bending it all out of shape.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

robertg

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 08:34:26 PM »

If your bike has a smooth windshield it will fit, but if it stepped it won't. The fairing has been the same for a long time. I thought it was even before 2004 but maybe not.

Phixtit

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2013 H-D® FLTRXSE2-ANV CVO™ Road Glide® Custom 110

• CVO1: 2013 CVO FLTRXSE2-ANV
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 08:57:27 PM »

I had them on a 2011 FLTRX. It didn't fit like a glove, but eventually found the right angle of the screws to get it on.
Not sure what the difference is in that area and why it says that the FLTRXSE and FLTRUSE won't work...

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 06:19:52 AM »

I had them on a 2011 FLTRX. It didn't fit like a glove, but eventually found the right angle of the screws to get it on.
Not sure what the difference is in that area and why it says that the FLTRXSE and FLTRUSE won't work...
If you go to Cee Baily's web site, there's a place on the order form that ask you about the spacing between the outer screw holes (meaning the space between the first 2 holes down either side). There are different measurements.

If your bike has a smooth windshield it will fit, but if it stepped it won't. The fairing has been the same for a long time. I thought it was even before 2004 but maybe not.
Mine would not go on even with the stock windshield.  :-\

redeye93

• CVO1: 2013 RGC CVO #68
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 08:30:18 PM »

I got one for mine and had to have a buddy at the Harley shop do some serious jerry-rigging (sp?) and trial and error to get it to work.  He had to use little spacers and all to get it to work and its still not totally flush, but it is good enough.  The stock shield on the 13's has that rubber piece so took that out and installed a 10" Windvest and was able to get it to come together, but there is space in between the windshield and the fairing right up front.
2013 CVO RGC 110th Anniversary Edition #68

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 11:36:55 AM »

The problem seems to be with the wind splitter windshield and it's slots that are set at an angle other than 90 deg.

The cover kit contains two offset screw adapters. Place both on one side of the fairing, which moves one of the halves more toward the center of the fairing and it will line up well enough and look correct. If you swap windshields, I got a clearview, it will line up perfectly.

The fellow at clearview confirmed for me that all RG fairings are the same shape since, as I remember, 2004.

Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red & Black
    • CVO2: 2007 FXSTDi NON CVO
    • CVO3: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 01:58:02 PM »

not even close on my Clearview the screen angles back ttoward the rider I got it on but couldnt get rid of the 1/4" gap at the front  Jusi got a LRS Mako and will try it again the Mako sits a lot more straight up than the clearview maybe even get to clean the dash between the windshield and the radio now  :P
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals
and not close to finished!!!

dmattlin

• 2013 FLHRXSE2
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2013, 11:32:22 AM »

I just went through 3 different windshield strip trim pieces and NONE of them fit my 13 FLTRXSE2. After the first try in my garage I gave in and took it to the HD shop to see if they could get the trim pieces to work. After about 2 hours they called me back to the shop where there were 4 techs standing around my bike with long faces. They told me that the trim pieces do not work with my bike. They showed me that the holes no longer line up with the 2013 bikes.
I was also told that one of the reasons that HD is discontinuing the RG in 2014 is because some of the dyes are beginning to wear out causing bad fitment of some products and instead of repairing the dyes they are going to use the opportunity to resign a new fairing. I was given this information by a completely separate HD shop, so the hole misalignment could be one of the issues.

Windsheild trim pieces tried:
HD
Kuryakyn
Paul Yaffe w/LED lights (turns out this is actually just a Kuryakyn with holes drilled into it and LED lights siliconed into place.

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2013, 12:02:43 PM »

I just went through 3 different windshield strip trim pieces and NONE of them fit my 13 FLTRXSE2. After the first try in my garage I gave in and took it to the HD shop to see if they could get the trim pieces to work. After about 2 hours they called me back to the shop where there were 4 techs standing around my bike with long faces. They told me that the trim pieces do not work with my bike. They showed me that the holes no longer line up with the 2013 bikes.
I was also told that one of the reasons that HD is discontinuing the RG in 2014 is because some of the dyes are beginning to wear out causing bad fitment of some products and instead of repairing the dyes they are going to use the opportunity to resign a new fairing. I was given this information by a completely separate HD shop, so the hole misalignment could be one of the issues.

Windsheild trim pieces tried:
HD
Kuryakyn
Paul Yaffe w/LED lights (turns out this is actually just a Kuryakyn with holes drilled into it and LED lights siliconed into place.

Mine fits :nixweiss:
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 07:46:41 PM »

jr1000yarder

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Anniversary #61
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 09:23:50 PM »

I put mine on with the fairing off the bike. Try that

Rich
2013 FLTRXSE2
Andrews 57H, .030 Cometic head gasket, 10:1 compression, TTS tuner, Covington Destroyer Pipe, HPI TB, F & R instant air ride, 12pt stainless bolts, SBD bags, fender, Custom Steel stretched tank and side covers, FBI Drop seat, Custom seat by Voss, 30" Chrome Instigator w/18" rotor, Misfit short neck kit, Ness Hot Legs, HHI 6 piston caliper, B-cool one off aluminum fender. Lots of custom audio stuff, and a lot I forgot!

Slaphead

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2013, 09:23:01 AM »

Hi All I have the same problem just got my Kuryakyn Windshield Trim part no #1370 with my stock 2013 cvo RG and stock windshield and it does not fit, the middle section is about an inch too short to meet the bolt head. am i doing something wrong????

Gstavro

• Junior CVO Member
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly

• CVO1: 2013 Road Glide Atomic Orange & Galaxy Grey with Edge Graphics
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2013, 10:15:57 AM »

I had the Dealer order one when I purchased the bike and weren't successful installing it they said it was a poor stock. after I picked up my bike I bought one from my local Harley dealer something I couldn't put it on properly. I then ordered the Kuryakyn and had the same problem.

Slaphead

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2013, 10:50:40 AM »

i thought the nose fairing was the same shape thoughout the years  :drink:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.