Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Lifters Failed at 24k miles  (Read 11086 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Lifters Failed at 24k miles
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2014, 11:50:38 PM »

Victorville? Haha! When I was in the Army we would fly into that dump and then bus to Fort Irwin.

The plant I'm working at is right near a big air base used now it looks like for jet refurbishing, its a huge air field. This is on the northwest end of Victorville.

It is great weather though, mid 80's and sunny.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2014, 01:06:46 AM »

The plant I'm working at is right near a big air base used now it looks like for jet refurbishing, its a huge air field. This is on the northwest end of Victorville.

It is great weather though, mid 80's and sunny.

Sounds like the old George Air Force Base.  Closed as an Air Force facility by one of the several "Realignment Commissions" back in the early 90s.  Last I hear it had gone to Air National Guard flights and drone use.  What kind of refurb work you seeing?

mark

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2014, 06:01:59 PM »

Let's assume I want to replace my lifters on my '09 SERG with 13k miles.

So I know that if don't want to pull the tank and rocker boxes, I can just snip the push rods and replace them with adjustable ones from many different manufacturers.

As long as I'm in the general area I swap out for maybe a 54 cam at the same time.

Do I "need" to do anything else other than swap cams, or do I "need" to do inner bearings etc as well?

I've posted on other threads about the sewing machine rattles from around 2200 up through around 3500 and most have said that new lifters and a new cam will probably lessen the noise considerably.

So can I "just" swap out the cam and lifters with new push rods?

Thanks.

J&P Cycle has a good Youtube video that's about an hour long on how to swap out your cam, install  adjustable pushrods, etc.  It's a very good tutorial.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2014, 10:05:26 PM »

Thanks, I'm dead in the water out here in beautiful Victorville CA without anything to do.  I am going to Santa Monica to Morgan West tomorrow, but other than that, watching YouTube videos may be the highlight of my weekend.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 26 queries.