Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: My CVO set up for two up riding  (Read 16531 times)

Foot Loose

• Full CVO Member
Re: My CVO set up for two up riding
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2014, 06:24:55 PM »

I also want to install the light in the luggage rack.  Went to the dealer today.  They looked up the part, but the book says the light does not work for softail deluxe.  I know you will have to find the brake signal ahead of the flasher unit, but surely there is a way to connect up.  If it ever warms up in Michigan, I think I'll search for the signal.   
I'd rather push a Harley, than ride a Honda

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2014, 08:36:02 PM »

The dealer did mine ,came from HD
                 John

glidster

• CVO1: 2014 Softail Deluxe CVO - Cobolt Blue
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2014, 05:41:42 PM »

Hi John

Sold my superglide and waiting for my soft tail CVO to arrive in the UK....white and blue like yours.  I was thinking of putting a rear light on the luggage rack too - saw that your dealer installed it for you. can you still remove the luggage rack/sissy bar if the light is wired in?

many thanks for your help

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2014, 07:29:26 AM »

Yes mine has a plug tucked under the seat,works well.
           john
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 12:58:33 PM by Older Guy »

glidster

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2014, 05:31:04 PM »

Many thanks thanks John....good to know that it can be done even though the catalog says the light doesn't fit the CVO....my dealer says it cant be done.

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2014, 08:37:28 PM »

Show him the pic.
      John

kdfcogwheel

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2014, 04:19:53 PM »

Many thanks thanks John....good to know that it can be done even though the catalog says the light doesn't fit the CVO....my dealer says it cant be done.

I have a question. I just purchased the Air Foil rack LED light. I installed it in the rack per instructions. However, the rear fender connector (# 7) is a Molex connector and not a Packard connector. The kit came with two adapter harnesses and will not connect to plug #7. The only choice I have is to remove the quick disconnect 3-way connector from the adapter and splice it into the bike's existing rear fender harness. Does anyone know which three wires that I will need to tap into? I don't have a wiring diagram yet for this model FLSTNSE.

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2014, 05:13:14 PM »

I don't know,would have to ask dealer.
    John

kdfcogwheel

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2014, 05:24:04 PM »

I don't know,would have to ask dealer.
    John

I looked at a wiring diagram from my 2010 Limited and kind of compared them to the Molex connector on the FLSTNSE. With a multimeter I came up with this conclusion: The number one pin (BLK) is the ground. To the opposite side of the connector is the running light (Blue) and next to it is the stop light (Blue/Red). Now all I have to do is to get some Posi-Taps and tee into each of these wires with the 3-way adapter harness I will rob from one of the adapters that came with the kit and voila - done. It should work.

kdfcogwheel

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2014, 12:20:26 AM »

As a final follow-up on the luggage rack LED light kit, I finished installing it once I received my 2014 FLSTNSE supplementary manual. The rear fender connector, plug #7, is a 12 pin plug, two rows of six. The top row is numbered 1 - 6, [1]blue, [2]blue/red, [3]blue/violet, [4]black, [5]blank (no wire), [6]black. I used 3 posi-taps into the wires on the fender side of the plug to pins 1,2 & 4. The blue wire is the running lights. The blue/red is the brake light signal and the black wire is the ground. From kit p/n 68000009, I cannibalized the 3-way harness that is teed in to the adapter. Then to complete the adaptation, the 3-way harness is attached the the posi-taps. Voila! Job complete. It works quite well.

glidster

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2014, 06:54:55 AM »

Many thanks for all that info!. I am still waiting for my bike to arrive - should be here in a couple of weeks so don't know extactly what comes with the bike (no detailed brochures in the UK). You mentioned the FLSTNSE supplementary manual - did you have to order that or does it come with the bike? Thanks for your help

kdfcogwheel

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2014, 06:49:55 PM »

Many thanks for all that info!. I am still waiting for my bike to arrive - should be here in a couple of weeks so don't know extactly what comes with the bike (no detailed brochures in the UK). You mentioned the FLSTNSE supplementary manual - did you have to order that or does it come with the bike? Thanks for your help

I had to order the supplementary manual. It's p/n is 99525-14. It includes all of the different items and systems that are not on the standard stock softails. It also includes full comprehensive sections on diagnostic troubleshooting. Finally, the end section contains all of the wiring diagrams. You are welcome for the help.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 06:53:36 PM by kdfcogwheel »

glidster

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2014, 10:08:35 AM »

Many thanks - I have ordered the manual. I went to a local HD dealer and looked at the parts manual and it says the bike comes with a cover for the bike...and he thinks that it may also come with liners for the side bags plus a special cleaning kit for the leather - did yours have any of this? 

kdfcogwheel

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2014, 10:28:17 AM »

In the US the bike came with a pretty good cover with CVO embroidered on the front, but no liners for the saddlebags. It also came with a leather cleaning kit. After about six weeks we also received a bronze CVO Deluxe medallion, a one year membership for two to the Harley Museum and a dog tag to be used to gain entrance into the museum. Also, be aware that the bike comes with a Siren I for the security system that needs to be programmed before you take delivery. It does not come with a Siren II. Siren II has an additional antenna to be used with a remote receiver. I think that coves it.

Older Guy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2014, 11:26:10 AM »

Mine did not come with a siren,just a shill noise'
           older Guy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 24 queries.