Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Author Topic: Changing the bars  (Read 33514 times)

15CVOSG

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHXSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO FLHXSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2011 CVO FLHXSE2 (SOLD)
Re: Changing the bars
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2015, 07:02:05 PM »

Mike,...
   remove the outer fairing,... remove  the 2 bolts holding the inner fairing switch cap ... remove the front turn signals ... remove the 4 bolts associated with mounting the turn signals ... remove the outer fairing skirt ... and while standing in front of the bike facing rearward ... the whole fairing pulls forward exposing the clamp assembly ...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 07:10:46 PM by 15CVOSG »

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2015, 07:06:41 PM »

Mike,...
   you remove the fairing,... remove the front turn signals ... the 4 bolts associated with mounting the turn signals ... and while standing in front of the bike facing rearward ... the whole fairing pulls forward exposing the clamp assembly ...

Doesn't sound too bad...thanks for the info....

harleyrules

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 SE Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 Low Rider S
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2015, 02:12:36 AM »

It sounds pretty simple. No need to remove radio is nice. So it just comes down to which bars I want and then start wrenching. I will however go with internal wiring personal preference.

Thank you for the assistance.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2015, 06:33:00 AM »

13 and earlier isn't much harder. There are 4 bolts holding the radio you just remove them and slide the radio back a few inches no need to remove. No biggy. What bars did you go with?

Jesse

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Stgeg

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 Street Glide CVO
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2015, 04:38:47 PM »

I just put Yaffee classic 12 inch bars on with the stock cables. I think you will be fine.

Hi jeromerambo ,
The bars looks awesome , I like your mirror too. What is mirror brand ? And from where did you get it ?
Thanks
Amr

harleyrules

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 SE Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 Low Rider S
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 05:20:49 PM »

I haven't purchased my bars yet. Not sure which ones I want to get. I currently have the Helibars on my 2009 Ultra Classic. I like them however they don't offer internal wiring and I don't want to give up that feature on the CVO. I would like to find something that is similar? if possible.

Any suggestions? I would like the bars to be up higher and back towards me ..

jpswino

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 Ultra Violet Street Glide with Lava Flames
    • CVO2: Backyard Choppers
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2015, 06:54:07 PM »

I paid the dealer.
Wanted them on for a ride coming up and didn't have the time with my work being busy. They charged me a bit over $200. Well worth not having to f$&@ with it before a ride.

15CVOSG

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHXSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO FLHXSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2011 CVO FLHXSE2 (SOLD)
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2015, 09:11:06 PM »

I paid the dealer.
Wanted them on for a ride coming up and didn't have the time with my work being busy. They charged me a bit over $200. Well worth not having to f$&@ with it before a ride.

$200 is more than fair for install labor...   :2vrolijk_21:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2015, 10:19:32 PM »

$200 is more than fair for install labor...   :2vrolijk_21:

X2

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Stgeg

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 Street Glide CVO
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2015, 01:03:23 AM »

I just put Yaffee classic 12 inch bars on with the stock cables. I think you will be fine.
Congratulations , what brand is your mirror ? And from where did you get it ?

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2015, 02:49:56 AM »

Any one know the dimensions of the stock Cvo bars i.e rise and pull back?
Possibly wanting to change mine for ones that have just 2" more pull back and 2" more rise would be perfect, don't want to go for apes again ( even though the voices are telling me too!).

One observation/ niggle is that I am pretty certain these Cvo bars are exactly the same as the stock ones on the street glide special I had except they are chrome plated!,
Now all the Cvo's I've had usually have more pull back than the standard model and the bars are 11/4" diameter,kinda more custom as that's what your paying for after all is it not my fellow pipsqueeks?

Anyway any suggestions on bar changes to the dimensions I am after would be appreciated. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Ride free brothers!

jpswino

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 Ultra Violet Street Glide with Lava Flames
    • CVO2: Backyard Choppers
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2015, 11:46:38 AM »

There are some cartoon comparisons in this stream of pics. Take a look. They DO NOT feel like they come back as depicted in the cartoon photos. The wider and straighter grip angle dissolves any "back" that there is gained by coming up two inches on the "angle back". They take a little getting used to IMO, but I really like them quite bit. All lines remained stock except for a $35 8 inch extender I had to purchase for one side of the internal wiring. They were about $305 for bars, extension and shipping to my door.

http://www.kustombaggers.com/ERGO-Bars---Standard-Up-Back-detail.htm?productId=-233594&shopBy=-7040&catalogId=-1750

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2015, 07:08:43 PM »

Possibly wanting to change mine for ones that have just 2" more pull back and 2" more rise would be perfect, don't want to go for apes again ( even though the voices are telling me too!).

One observation/ niggle is that I am pretty certain these Cvo bars are exactly the same as the stock ones on the street glide special I had except they are chrome plated!,
Now all the Cvo's I've had usually have more pull back than the standard model and the bars are 11/4" diameter,kinda more custom as that's what your paying for after all is it not my fellow pipsqueeks?

Anyway any suggestions on bar changes to the dimensions I am after would be appreciated. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

WO 575's have the 2" up and 2" back that you are looking for.

Here is a pick I found for reference....http://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/285245-wo575-vs-hd-pullback-bars-6.html

mark

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2015, 07:26:09 PM »

Khrome Werks makes a 2+2 Narrow Sweeper.  2 inched taller, 2 inches back, and I think 1/2 inch wider than stock.  Their website has more details.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2015, 07:40:00 PM »

Thanks guys,
I will give them both an eyeballing over, hope the WO 575 don't block any more of the mirror view! :2vrolijk_21:
Ride free brothers!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 24 queries.