Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Replacement parts for the CVO.  (Read 11230 times)

Wayne G

• Senior CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2011 Kyrpto CVO SESG2 2/17/11
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
    • CVO3: 2016 Softail Slim S
Re: Replacement parts for the CVO.
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 06:33:45 PM »

I agree with the group, cant imagine how they could ask that, I think someone is gettin too big for their britches!  My bike had $26,000 in repairs thanks to a dumb a** who turned left in front of me, I hit and spun him at about 40ish.  Flew over the bike and car about 50 feet cartwheeling landed on my back side and popped up to my feet yelling all sorts of not so nice things.  My dealer asked if I wanted any and all of the old parts before they threw them in the dumpster!

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 09:38:10 PM »

Geez, Wayne. That Kryptoglide was reBUILT?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

Streetglide1

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MO

• CVO1: 2012 Streetglide
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 10:01:54 PM »

I agree with the group, cant imagine how they could ask that, I think someone is gettin too big for their britches!  My bike had $26,000 in repairs thanks to a dumb a** who turned left in front of me, I hit and spun him at about 40ish.  Flew over the bike and car about 50 feet cartwheeling landed on my back side and popped up to my feet yelling all sorts of not so nice things.  My dealer asked if I wanted any and all of the old parts before they threw them in the dumpster!

Now that your okay.....that pic of that beautiful bike hurts me looking at it in that condition and it isn't even mine. The bad gene pool is among us....Da.$% that hurts!

ZVO

• Dark Platimum? That’s Silver and Black
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE - Gone
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2015, 10:14:57 PM »

If they want to buy it back or discount the new part i would gladly part with it.
The Autumn Wind is a pirate.

mark

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 08:56:23 AM »

I agree, you own those parts and the dealer has no legal basis to take them.  You could be a wise ass and tell the dealer you'll sell them back to HD.

2014WtGld

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2015, 11:27:26 PM »

I agree with what's being said about the parts belonging to the owner and not HD. But I had a friend just a few weeks ago that had someone run into him and scratched one of his bags. He ordered a new one from HD. Cost was high being a cvo painted part. When he got it they said they had to have the the old bag bottom back or the Moco would fine them 5k for not returning it. I told him if it were me I would gladly sell it to them but not give it.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 08:48:49 AM »

I agree with what's being said about the parts belonging to the owner and not HD. But I had a friend just a few weeks ago that had someone run into him and scratched one of his bags. He ordered a new one from HD. Cost was high being a cvo painted part. When he got it they said they had to have the the old bag bottom back or the Moco would fine them 5k for not returning it. I told him if it were me I would gladly sell it to them but not give it.

So what did your friend do?  Hopefully he didn't comply and forced the dealership to clarify with H-D that the part was for an accident repair, not a warranty repair.  Companies like Harley and their dealerships will bluff you all day long it seems, but you don't have to fall for the bluff.

Oh, btw, next time tell him he could have his bag repainted.  We have a vendor on this site that gets rave reviews for matching the CVO paint jobs.  The only problem would be the time involved to ship the part, paint the part, and return the part.  If he would be willing to wait until he didn't plan to ride for awhile, he would likely save some cash and also avoid having to deal with the BS artists.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

2014WtGld

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2015, 09:10:37 AM »

So what did your friend do?  Hopefully he didn't comply and forced the dealership to clarify with H-D that the part was for an accident repair, not a warranty repair.  Companies like Harley and their dealerships will bluff you all day long it seems, but you don't have to fall for the bluff.

Oh, btw, next time tell him he could have his bag repainted.  We have a vendor on this site that gets rave reviews for matching the CVO paint jobs.  The only problem would be the time involved to ship the part, paint the part, and return the part.  If he would be willing to wait until he didn't plan to ride for awhile, he would likely save some cash and also avoid having to deal with the BS artists.
He complied. Wanted to keep good standings with the dealer.
Jerry

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2015, 09:19:13 AM »

That's what I thought.  Lots of folks seem to think that way, letting the dealer lie to them or stick it to them on service so they won't affect the warranty, or similar hogwash.  Rarely does letting them screw you over and lie to you ever work out in your favor, but to each his own.

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2015, 10:18:03 AM »

I would have replied "Bullchit" and then would've said that I'll need that in writing.

The troubling part is that there's not an obvious reason that a dealer would want your old parts...so there must be SOMEthing to the claim that the MoCo wants them back. But, if that's true, why isn't there a set value ascribed to the pieces, like a core charge?
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

2014WtGld

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2015, 12:53:24 AM »

I agree there should be a core charge on the parts if they want them back. I can only imagine that the Moco only wants to keep the cvo parts hard to get is to protect the price of the cvo's. New and used. But if it's not a vin numbered cvo then I don't really see what it matters. I can't count the times I've heard the spill ( the extras don't help the trade in price). Lol

mrambo4

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO3: 2015 CVO Street Glide. 2014 CVO Soft tail
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2015, 03:51:22 AM »

I called HD several times, yes if the dealer does not get the part back they can be fined 5 thousand dollars by HD. This has happened to our dealer already.   I had to draft a letter and turn it in with my VIN number and then the dealership had to send a letter to HD along with mine to have the takeoff released to me.   (There is no warranty issue with this, I would not ever think I would get warranty parts back, I didn't pay for the new parts.)  But when they told me I could not keep the new replacement parts I was paying for I freaked. 

I understand protecting the CVO image but when they see I own the bike and I also am buying the same color, it's a little to much.   

Just wanted people to be aware, there would be a fight if you want your parts. 

mrambo4

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2015, 03:58:35 AM »

I agree, you own those parts and the dealer has no legal basis to take them.  You could be a wise ass and tell the dealer you'll sell them back to HD.

Tried this and they laughed, well so did I! 

mrambo4

• Full CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2015, 04:01:52 AM »

Also want it to be clear, the dealer I bought the bike from, the one in my picture is not my local dealer I am dealing with on this issue. 

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2015, 08:39:27 AM »

I called HD several times, yes if the dealer does not get the part back they can be fined 5 thousand dollars by HD. This has happened to our dealer already.   I had to draft a letter and turn it in with my VIN number and then the dealership had to send a letter to HD along with mine to have the takeoff released to me.   (There is no warranty issue with this, I would not ever think I would get warranty parts back, I didn't pay for the new parts.)  But when they told me I could not keep the new replacement parts I was paying for I freaked. 

I understand protecting the CVO image but when they see I own the bike and I also am buying the same color, it's a little to much.   

Just wanted people to be aware, there would be a fight if you want your parts.

Nothing new or unusual about that.  Harley isn't about doing the right thing, and customers often have to fight them even though the law is clear.  Arrogance and disdain for customers tend to be common traits of the management of H-D.  They have always relied on lies and what some might call bullying tactics to convince people they had to only use Harley products in their bikes for instance, even though the law has been clear on that since the 1970's.  They also shaft many people on warranty issues.  As long as the customers accept this treatment, and don't fight them or refuse to buy the products, the arrogant bullies win.  Just like in real life out in the real world.

Jerry

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.