Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Best Tuner On The Market?  (Read 7856 times)

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
Re: Best Tuner On The Market?
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2013, 01:38:15 AM »

There are more options in other places than there will be in one city far from the industrial bases that make the equipment.  That doesn't always mean we've got more good options though.  More operators unfortunately doesn't equate to more good operators.  If you're local shop has a rep for doing a good job that's a time to declare victory and go riding.  There may be some satisfaction (for some) in grabbing one of the aftermarket tools and doing it themselves.  But not for everyone. 
The worries will really start when i want to open up the engine and start on the real mods! maybe be easier when i get to that stage to just drop a 120r in her!!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2013, 01:43:39 AM »

Dubai is my favorite place in the Middle east.  I had lot of fun there in the 90's.  The gold Souk is a must see.  I did some mountain biking there in the mountains, the city was great.  Bahrain is not bad but not near as nice.  Abu dabi is pretty good to.

I am sure a Harley would be a blast in Dubia and the UAE
Dubai is also my favorite place in the Middle East, lets be honest there isnt much competition!!
Great for riding, and no Taxes! cant go wrong!!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2013, 01:11:48 AM »

Hi FlaHeatWave,
Whats made you recommend the PC V? your the first to recommend it?
Thanks,
Charlie

Charlie,
The PC V with Auto Tune, "tunes in real time" to any changes in the motor or environment (closed loop).
When you order a PC V from FuelMoto, you tell FM what you have and they supply you with a baseline map,(the baseline map will be close~if not spot on) then you put it in "autotune" and it does the rest as you ride the bike. For example if you change cams~ you just ride the bike, it will tune in real time. More drastic changes and FM will email you a new baseline. 
You don't have to put it on a dyno everytime you make a change.

My dealer also pushes the SEPST and if I was in your situation / location, I would probably go with that.

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/site/dynojet-power-commander-v.html
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2013, 01:19:12 AM »

Charlie,
The PC V with Auto Tune, "tunes in real time" to any changes in the motor or environment (closed loop).
When you order a PC V from FuelMoto, you tell FM what you have and they supply you with a baseline map,(the baseline map will be close~if not spot on) then you put it in "autotune" and it does the rest as you ride the bike. For example if you change cams~ you just ride the bike, it will tune in real time. More drastic changes and FM will email you a new baseline. 
You don't have to put it on a dyno everytime you make a change.

My dealer also pushes the SEPST and if I was in your situation / location, I would probably go with that.

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/site/dynojet-power-commander-v.html
Hi Flaheatwave,
Thanks for your feedback, It looks like im going to have to go for the SEPST just in case i need any Tech back up!
Not that the SEPST is  a bad product because it isnt, i would just rather have options! you guys over in the US dont realise how lucky you are!!!!

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2013, 01:55:01 AM »

Hi Flaheatwave,
Thanks for your feedback, It looks like im going to have to go for the SEPST just in case i need any Tech back up!
Not that the SEPST is  a bad product because it isnt, i would just rather have options! you guys over in the US dont realise how lucky you are!!!!

You're right, the SEPST is not a bad product at all~it is nice to have options.

Most of us do!
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2013, 07:47:49 AM »

Hi Flaheatwave,

Hi Charlie,

the SEPST is not such a bad pick in your situation  ;)

As MoCo - finally - started to offer SEPST lessons for their European dealers in 2009 there is quite a good chance you may get a fairly good tune for your bike with this tool - and still keep your dealers support. If it doesn't work for you you still may find an other tuner this side of the pond who will finetune your bike. Even if he may prefer using direct link, TTS or any other device: if a tuner knows his business he can handle the SEPST as well.

Using the smarttune ability is the easiest way to improve a (fairly close) tune even if you don't have access to a dyno nor want to use it yourself: get a schedule from your tuner which riding situations (RPMs, throttle position, time) he wants to get logged, ride according to schedule, mail the log to him and he can return the improved map to you via mail within a couple of minutes, download to ECM and ride on. If you have a reasonable fast mobile internet access you can easily do 5 or 6 smarttune runs in one afternoon ;)

But be carefull not to wander too far away from those builds the factory supplies maps for: porting heads and manifold for instance may well be too much for smarttune and regular dealer SEPST knowledge  ::)
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2013, 10:05:19 AM »

Hi Charlie,

the SEPST is not such a bad pick in your situation  ;)

As MoCo - finally - started to offer SEPST lessons for their European dealers in 2009 there is quite a good chance you may get a fairly good tune for your bike with this tool - and still keep your dealers support. If it doesn't work for you you still may find an other tuner this side of the pond who will finetune your bike. Even if he may prefer using direct link, TTS or any other device: if a tuner knows his business he can handle the SEPST as well.

Using the smarttune ability is the easiest way to improve a (fairly close) tune even if you don't have access to a dyno nor want to use it yourself: get a schedule from your tuner which riding situations (RPMs, throttle position, time) he wants to get logged, ride according to schedule, mail the log to him and he can return the improved map to you via mail within a couple of minutes, download to ECM and ride on. If you have a reasonable fast mobile internet access you can easily do 5 or 6 smarttune runs in one afternoon ;)

But be carefull not to wander too far away from those builds the factory supplies maps for: porting heads and manifold for instance may well be too much for smarttune and regular dealer SEPST knowledge  ::)
Hi Kraut,
The tuners here in Dubai were supposedly trained by some guys that came over from the US, fingers crossed!
Great advice on the general set up, just want them to get it close then like you say, the smart tune should do most the rest!
Not messing around with the engine that much this year! going to fit the Heavy Breather and a Rinehart Crossback Pipes first, get the bike running as it should and then enjoy it!
Just about to start a project bike! planning on taking a 2012 Blackline, stick in a 120r motor, add a pro charger supercharger, a D & D Boarzilla pipe, Springer front end and just see where i end up! wanted to do it to a Breakout but i can pick a Blackline up for the right money and it seampt criminal to rip the new engine out of the Breakout!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 25 queries.