Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: The ultimate shine??  (Read 7463 times)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: The ultimate shine??
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 05:54:26 PM »

I haven't found the best/wax/sealer yet.  The best one will be the one that applies itself.   ::)

I'm still using Zaino products and am happy with them.

"Polish for perfection, wax for protection"

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 09:26:25 PM »

3M Hand Glaze is a good product, for fresh paint that can't be contaminated with wax or to remove swirl marks when you don't have a buffer available once again in fresh paint especially in a blended panel. It also pretty much washes away with soap & water.
We went thru it by the gallons when I was in the body shop, but it is just not a product that is geared to protect paint from UV over a long period of time. 3M does have some good wax type products available and GREAT buffing compounds.
But to each his own. Very easy to apply...often.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 04:31:56 PM »

I thought using a Carnauba wax over a paint sealer, like Glare, only lasts a little while and isn't worth it.  Any comments on this? thanks,
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

JoeSDE

• Full CVO Member
    • DE

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 10:48:57 PM »

The effective life of a carnuba wax depends on a number of things. The number of washes and the type of cleaners used for washing, weather conditions, atmospheric pollution, you get the idea. That's one of the reasons to use carnuba as a top coat over some type of sealer. A good sealer will last much longer than the wax itself. The shine of the sealer will also be enhanced by the carnuba. Both Pinnacle and S100 market detailers that contain carnuba wax that can extend the life of the original coat. Quality carnuba should last 6-8 weeks with regular washings, but each brand is different. Wolfgang, another product sold by Auto Geek, is another top end product. Lots of information on the website.        JoeS

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2016, 05:16:29 PM »

3M Hand Glaze is a good product, for fresh paint that can't be contaminated with wax or to remove swirl marks when you don't have a buffer available once again in fresh paint especially in a blended panel. It also pretty much washes away with soap & water.
We went thru it by the gallons when I was in the body shop, but it is just not a product that is geared to protect paint from UV over a long period of time. 3M does have some good wax type products available and GREAT buffing compounds.
But to each his own. Very easy to apply...often.

Well, I learned something today.  The only time I ever water-wash my Bike is if I get caught in the rain.  What's your opinion of Liquid Glass, Don?  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 24 queries.