Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: 2000 Classic SERG owners / Site Registry ( let me know if I missed someone)  (Read 63802 times)

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
Re: 2000 Classic SERG owners / Site Registry ( let me know if I missed someone)
« Reply #150 on: January 01, 2014, 10:18:04 AM »

Hi Fellas  :)   Not sure how many have noticed a new thread on here put up by Chip, When did you purchase your "Classic SERG"? I think it is a really interesting read, and thought I would just bring some attention to it.  :coolblue:

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #151 on: October 15, 2014, 08:11:31 PM »

I would like to welcome Showbiz to the registry  :2vrolijk_21:  Showbiz scored a Triple Red with just over 6K on it  :coolblue: Enjoy the site Showbiz

Marty

deadhawg

« Reply #152 on: January 21, 2015, 01:00:13 PM »

Just found this thread, so I will add my info:

Bought a 2000 orange/black/white SERG new in 2000. Had "stage 1", Air filter, SE exhaust,  PCIII and dyno tune done by the dealer at the 1,000 mile service. I installed Heritage bars, Progressive shocks and Race Tech cartridges in the forks at around 15,000 miles, no other mods for the next 56,000 miles. At around 57,000, I checked the cam chain tensioners and found them 95% gone. Had my indie shop install S&S 510G gear drive cams.

At 84,000 miles, stator went out, replaced by dealer. At 130,000 miles in 2012 I started chasing electrical gremlins, found a few wires rubbed through or pinched, but the motor still ran great. Had a cross-country ride planned and was worried about breakdowns, then happened to see another O/R/B SERG on e-bay with only 14,000 original miles on it. The owner was a motor cop who rarely rode it, added some chrome but otherwise it was bone stock.

Bought it, changed the bars, added Progressive shocks and Monotubes, replaced the cam chain tensioners with the HD hydraulics and oil pump, basically set it up exactly like my "old"one.

I've put around 30,000 miles on the "new" one so far. I would have liked to keep the "old" one too, but having two bikes just wasn't in the budget. Added a Hannigan Sidecar and a trailer hitch couple years ago. That goes on for long trips, comes off when I want to ride on two wheels.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #153 on: January 21, 2015, 01:08:20 PM »

Awesome story Deadhawg  :2vrolijk_21: dedicated to the original Screamin Eagle  :coolblue:  I have added your name to the Registry list  :drink:

Marty

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

I would like to welcome   overcurrent   to our registry  :2vrolijk_21: Nice find on a great ride  :drink:

Marty

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

We have another new member to add to the Registry  :orange: :orange:  Welcome ChuckB with your "new to you" 2000 Black & Orange SERG  :drink:  I hope you enjoy your new ride and gather much information and new friends from the site.  :)

Marty

ChuckB

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

We have another new member to add to the Registry  :orange: :orange:  Welcome ChuckB with your "new to you" 2000 Black & Orange SERG  :drink:  I hope you enjoy your new ride and gather much information and new friends from the site.  :)

Marty

Thank you! I am glad to be here!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

Marty

Damn Marty, you keep this up and soon you're going to have all of them....  :drink:

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

Damn Marty, you keep this up and soon you're going to have all of them....  :drink:
:2vrolijk_21: 86 so far Don  :nervous:  I only gotta find 1464 more now  :huepfenlol2:   :orange:  :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:  :drink:

Marty

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

:2vrolijk_21: 86 so far Don  :nervous:  I only gotta find 1464 more now  :huepfenlol2:   :orange:  :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:  :drink:

Marty

You're doing better than you think Marty as, unfortunately, there's at least 10 that I know of that have already gone on to that great two lane road in the sky.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

You're doing better than you think Marty as, unfortunately, there's at least 10 that I know of that have already gone on to that great two lane road in the sky.
  :nixweiss:  I suppose after almost 16 years that a few have been "taken out of service"  :'(  But that will just make ours worth more some day (when my 3 year old Grandson owns the bike)  :drink:

Marty

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

:nixweiss:  I suppose after almost 16 years that a few have been "taken out of service"  :'(  But that will just make ours worth more some day (when my 3 year old Grandson owns the bike)  :drink:

Marty

Wonder who will end up having the last one..... ?

Like the old Zager and Evans song:

In the year 2525
If a red SERG does survive
Who'll ride?

Ok, I better stop before I re-lyric the whole song. 

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

Wonder who will end up having the last one..... ?

Like the old Zager and Evans song:

In the year 2525
If a red SERG does survive
Who'll ride?

Ok, I better stop before I re-lyric the whole song.
It will probably one of Dale's Grandkids from Wheels in Time  :huepfenlol2:

Marty

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG

They are such great examples of how the MOCO got it right that anyone who has one now will keep and take good care of it. They were the means of showcasing and jump starting the Screamin Eagle line of parts and represented a outstanding bargain out of the box. The graphics I hope will return someday, but only on a bike that's worthy...SERG, wet motor, sharkfins just for starters.  :P

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

They are such great examples of how the MOCO got it right that anyone who has one now will keep and take good care of it. They were the means of showcasing and jump starting the Screamin Eagle line of parts and represented a outstanding bargain out of the box. The graphics I hope will return someday, but only on a bike that's worthy...SERG, wet motor, sharkfins just for starters.  :P

I know we're preaching to the choir here but I couldn't agree more Lou.  Have always loved these bikes.  Still remember the first time I saw one now about 15 years ago.  Didn't know what it was.  Didn't know what CVO was.  Just loved the bike.  Mine now is still the most comfortable ride I've ever had.  Can always look forward to knocking down mile after mile on that bike.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Page created in 0.27 seconds with 24 queries.