Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Repairing a Road Zeppelin Air Adjustable Seat  (Read 3359 times)

Trigger-Man

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com
    • CO

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset - "quotquotTournado"quotquot
    • CVO2: 2011 FLTRUSE Road Glide - Frosted Ivory/Vintage Gold "quotquotTrigger"quotquot (traded-in)
    • Elegant Solutions Inc. dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
Repairing a Road Zeppelin Air Adjustable Seat
« on: November 15, 2015, 01:44:09 PM »

I've got a very comfortable & expensive 2009 era (out of warranty) Road Zeppelin seat with buttons controlling a compressor which feeds (or bleeds) three bladders. The compressor is normally quiet unless one of the three bladder buttons is pushed .........however it has suddenly begun "acting up". With the accessory power switch in the on position, the compressor has been "attempting" to start (then cutting off) making a low level "brrrrp" sound in intervals of 1-2 seconds. The only way to stop this continuous compressor "loping" is to power off the accessory switch.

Anyone have experience with this problem :(?
Dennis
Elegant Solutions Inc.
dba Motorcycle Vent Screens
https://MotorcycleVentScreens.com

2015 FLTRUSE:
Road Glide Triple SPLITSCREENS vent protection;
SE High-Flow Exhaust Sys w/4.5" Street Cannons & SE-585 cam;
Rockouts + S&S Premium lifters;
HD Premium Ride Front Fork + rear RWD RS-1 Adjustable Touring Shocks;
Fuel Moto Dynojet Power Vision Tuner & Wide-Band Target Tune;
6.5GTS BOOM! Audio Stage II 2 amp/4 spkr system;
TPMS;
16" Freedom Shield;
Tour-Pak Ultra Brace by eGlideGoodies

Rimjam

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Repairing a Road Zeppelin Air Adjustable Seat
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 09:36:08 PM »

Mine has always worked like a charm but I only use it for longer trips.  You know that there's an access panel underneath, right?  Rough or torn seats appear occasionally on eBay, you could rob the compressor from one.

Gfs3

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

Re: Repairing a Road Zeppelin Air Adjustable Seat
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 07:56:21 PM »

I had the same problem that you describe with my seat about a year ago.  It actually was caused by the control valves leaking and I ended up replacing them which was an easy job to do and you don't need to take the seat apart to do it either.  You will have to contact the Manufacturer of the seat which is "Milsco" and they are located in Milwaukee.  They don't typically sell parts to the public but I was able to procure the valve assembly from them and I believe that it cost somewhere around $50.  I believe that I finally ended up dealing with someone in their customer service department who was able to take care of it.  I'm leaving to go out of town tomorrow and won't be back for a few days but if you need more info., I can probably help you out after I get back.  Send me a "Private Message" with your contact info. (Phone #) if you need more info. & I'll get in touch when I get back home.

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 24 queries.