Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Schuberth C3 & what headset?  (Read 4651 times)

LV76

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO3: 16 FLTRUSE
Schuberth C3 & what headset?
« on: February 15, 2016, 02:16:29 PM »

I'm contemplating a new modular helmet "Schuberth C3 Pro", currently have a Nolan N43, for those that are using the C3 what headset did you or have installed in the helmet, I will be utilizing the infotainment system inclusive of the CB for listening and communications.   

Thanks
Larry

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Schuberth C3 & what headset?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 05:58:09 PM »

I think the HD one's that came with my '15 are the best I have ever tried. FAR surpass the J&M units, IMHO. I have never had anything "installed" in the helmet, I always do it myself and I feel the biggest improvement you can make in any headset is to get it as close to your ears as possible without touching. I use 3M mldg tape (2-sided) as spacers behind the velcro, works great and will last life of helmet.

LV76

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 05:06:43 AM »

Thanks CVODON, I planned on installing the headset myself and appreciate the tip.

helimd

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 08:18:41 AM »

What size helmet are you planning to buy?  I have a C3 that is virtually brand new.  I used it when I still had my Ducati and now have a different Schuberth helmet that is more to my liking.  Size on the C3 is xxl (63 cm) and I will be selling it soon.

Gnarl78

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 09:35:04 PM »

I have the J&M Elite series installed in my Schubert C3 Pro and am satisfied with it - an improvement over the previous generation J&M headsets.
'08 FLHTCUSE3
'05 VRSCSE
'03 FXDL
IBA#58965

ultra98

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 11:04:49 AM »

Hi i use Schuberts own src system works great

LV76

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 01:54:47 PM »

I have the J&M Elite series installed in my Schubert C3 Pro and am satisfied with it - an improvement over the previous generation J&M headsets.

Gnarl78, thanks for the response, I have a couple of questions -
Did you do the install or did you have J&M?
Also, did you purchase the one that clips on to the lower lip of the helmet (# HS-EHI787-LDC-XHO) or the one that is drilled thru the side of the helmet (# HS-IHI787-AKO-XHO)?

ATGuinness

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra Burgundy Blaze / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 02:49:46 PM »

Gnarl78, thanks for the response, I have a couple of questions -
Did you do the install or did you have J&M?
Also, did you purchase the one that clips on to the lower lip of the helmet (# HS-EHI787-LDC-XHO) or the one that is drilled thru the side of the helmet (# HS-IHI787-AKO-XHO)?

LV76, I know you didn't ask me, but I'm going to kick in here, anyway.  I wore a C3 with the J&M system for almost 5 years.  Great comm set.  Would still be wearing a Schuberth if my head was the right shape.

I had the set installed by Sierra Electronics in OH.  I opted to have the helmet drilled for the boom mike.  That way it runs between the cheek pad and helmet shell and is always in place when you close the helmet.  From my perspective, it's simply cleaner and more convenient that way.  My $.02.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 03:04:39 PM by ATGuinness »
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.   – Robert Heinlein

LV76

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 06:04:28 PM »

LV76, I know you didn't ask me, but I'm going to kick in here, anyway.  I wore a C3 with the J&M system for almost 5 years.  Great comm set.  Would still be wearing a Schuberth if my head was the right shape.

I had the set installed by Sierra Electronics in OH.  I opted to have the helmet drilled for the boom mike.  That way it runs between the cheek pad and helmet shell and is always in place when you close the helmet.  From my perspective, it's simply cleaner and more convenient that way.  My $.02.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear, will be going with the same install.

Gnarl78

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2016, 07:05:27 PM »

That's the way mine was installed by J&M. I previously had one installed by Sierra Electronics. Both installs were excellent.
'08 FLHTCUSE3
'05 VRSCSE
'03 FXDL
IBA#58965

LV76

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 07:24:07 PM »

Helimd, thanks for the offer, but I'm a size large in the Schuberth's and I decided on the C3 Pro.

Gnarl78, I appreciate your responses and I'm going to go with the J&M elite that is drilled thru the side and will be contacting Sierra Electronics.   

RAINEY

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• Apex Oil lab
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2016, 09:53:44 PM »

I installed the BMW Communicator in my C3 Pro and it worked great.  Just sold that helmet and now use the Schuberth M1 helmet
2015 CVO Limited

LV76

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 08:37:12 AM »

I received my new C3 Pro back from Sierra Electronics on Thursday last week (had them drill and install the J&M 787 head set) and went for an 180 mi ride on Saturday, all I can say is that I'm very pleased with the helmet and the J&M headset. This is my first Schuberth helmet and the fit and finish are great and the top vent when open allows air circulation inside that can be felt and works well, there is only one little caveat for me and that is while closing the chin part of the helmet I have to make sure the mike and exposed arm (from the headset) is pushed up and in while pulling out slightly on the side of the fixed portion of the chin curtain where it meets with the mating portion of the main part of helmet so that it mike is in correct space inside the helmet and then once closed and locked I push the mike out so as not touching my lips. I had to remove the foam cover on the mike due to there is very little room when closed even though I had the smaller foam cover on the mike, I'm sure this is something that will break in or that I will have to get use to, but in general the helmet will be a keeper.
I was impressed with the sound thru the new 787 headset speakers, bass and clarity are very good, I don't remember the previous J&M headsets that I've had sounding this well, but it has been awhile since I used them, I'm sure the design of the helmet is a contributor, I currently have been wearing a Nolan N-43 modular helmet utilizing the N-Com system that would plug directly into the Harley and I didn't realize what I was missing in regards to sound.
All that being said in my brief test review, I'm waiting on receipt of a new Schuberth M1 for the warmer months.     

ATGuinness

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra Burgundy Blaze / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2016, 11:31:27 AM »

there is only one little caveat for me and that is while closing the chin part of the helmet I have to make sure the mike and exposed arm (from the headset) is pushed up and in while pulling out slightly on the side of the fixed portion of the chin curtain where it meets with the mating portion of the main part of helmet so that it mike is in correct space inside the helmet and then once closed and locked I push the mike out so as not touching my lips. I had to remove the foam cover on the mike due to there is very little room when closed even though I had the smaller foam cover on the mike, I'm sure this is something that will break in or that I will have to get use to, but in general the helmet will be a keeper.

Glad you're generally happy with the setup.  Re: positioning the mic, that chin curtain is a pain, but after a few weeks the whole procedure will become so routine you won't even think about it.

Ride safe and enjoy the new helmet!
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.   – Robert Heinlein

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 24 queries.