Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Author Topic: 2014 CVO Ultra problems  (Read 54521 times)

CVO Aqua-Glider

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 FLHTKSE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
Re: 2014 CVO Ultra problems
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2013, 10:33:46 PM »

My radio is doing the same thing, rear speakers only at startup. I did upgrade the firmware to 1.17.1.1 and that did not correct the issue.   Have you had your issue corrected ?  If so, what was the fix ?

Thanks,
-Tim

Nope, it's still doing it.  I think mine is possessed.  I've had it switch to WB stations on it's own while riding now.  Just did it tonight.  I was listening to Pandora via the streaming iphone, and as I pulled into the driveway all of a sudden the weather band channel WB 5 turns on.  It's really frustrating to have to keep going into the audio menu to bump the fade back to the front speakers. Ugh!!!  Dealer said they would look into it, but I don't have a lot of faith.

Untitled by oneboltzfan, on Flickr
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue/Wicked Sapphire

ual767plt

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2013, 10:58:45 PM »

Picked up my Ltd. today.  Only put on 50 miles so far. I noticed the EITMS kicking on all the time at stop lights, so good to know I guess that's normal.
So far only complaint is every time I start the bike, the sound goes to rear speakers only.  I have to go into the Audio fader settings and as soon as I slide the fade in either direction the front speakers turn on and everything works fine.  Not sure what firmware I have, and I haven't updated anything.
Pairing my iphone 5 was very simple and intuitive via the menus.  That's it for now.  I love this bike!

I have this exact same problem with the speakers.  This, the lame-ass GPS, Bluetooth issues, and a minor cosmetic issue are the only problems remaining.  Even with these issues, I would still buy the bike again in a heartbeat--the handling and performance are a quantum leap compared to my previous '13.   
'20 FLHTKSE

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2013, 05:47:45 PM »

I figured the upgrade process out. 

With the bike off, attach flash drive (8gb or larger) with iso image in root directory to USB connection on bike.

On the left handlebar, the trip button (black with circular arrows), press and hold the trip button down until the radio powers up.  Release trip button.

Radio will recognize flash drive and verify I so image.  When prompted, select yes and the upgrade will take place.  Takes about 10 minutes.  You will be prompted to remove flash drive when firmware upgrade is complete.

The key to the process is to NOT turn on the bike.   Without the owners manual, I can only assume the trip button doubles as the accessory switch setting.

Tim

Hi All:

Wish I would have seen this thread when I went to update.  Took me quite a few tries to figure out: Ignition off / Trip = Acc.

Me too on the manual.  Called Harley today as I am still waiting for the Dealer to take care of it.  Nice lady said she would have one out to me today.
If you haven't received one yet, give HD a call.  Best if you have your VIN ready.  I didn't have mine so she said she would call the dealer and get it.  I suppose that might be an attention getter....

The CS number on HD website wasn't exactly easy for me to find so here it is 1-800-258-2464 or (414) 343-4056.

Regards,

Mark

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

Cerdo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2013, 09:35:17 PM »

Overall the bike is awesome. It appears that the heat is a lot less on the rider now; however, here in Ohio it has not been hot in a long time to get a real test. Only have 180 miles on her and all appears to be great except for the rear shocks. I changed out my shocks from my old bike (had to make a spacer adjustment (to clear thew saddlebags) and the ride is now perfect. I did a 100 MPH blast the other day and the bike fees more stable and planted to the ground than all of my past models. Wind turbulence appears to be great for the driver; however, my wife is complaining that she has more wind buffeting now. I did notice the new daymaker headlight does not have enough side light when in the twisties. Without the driving lights and / or with the high beam on you loose all of your side light when in corners. The light projects a very wide flat beam and it cuts off the sides of the road  when tipping into corners, I took the bike back to the dealer and they charged me $50 to reprogram the ECM to allow the driving lights to stay on with the high beams. This fixed the problem and I see great now. My only complaint is the radio and GPS system. Very slow to boot up. I'm having an issue where we do not have enough volume to hear (Radio, CB, Intercom) in our helmets clearly at Highway speed. On the old bike, we had plenty of volume and some to spare to hear each other clearly in our headset's at any speed. Dealer claims this is normal and looking into the issue with the MOCO.

I tried to add pictures here and I kept getting an error message. Will try again.
Andy

CVOgliderider

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Ultra
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2013, 10:17:04 PM »

Well here is an update;

I have almost 1600 miles on the bike now, the bike is great, the only issue I have had with it is it dumped antifreeze out the overflow again.
It did it when I got home after the first 50 mile break in ride and then it did it again last Thursday when I got to Reno for Street Vibrations.
Air temp was in the low 50's so I had the lower fairing vents closed, only thing I can figure is that is what caused it to get hot. I ended up having
to buy a gallon of premix from Reno Harley and a disposable funnel to add about 1/2 a cup to the reservoir.

ual767plt

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2013, 10:52:02 PM »

Overall the bike is awesome. It appears that the heat is a lot less on the rider now; however, here in Ohio it has not been hot in a long time to get a real test. Only have 180 miles on her and all appears to be great except for the rear shocks. I changed out my shocks from my old bike (had to make a spacer adjustment (to clear thew saddlebags) and the ride is now perfect. I did a 100 MPH blast the other day and the bike fees more stable and planted to the ground than all of my past models. Wind turbulence appears to be great for the driver; however, my wife is complaining that she has more wind buffeting now. I did notice the new daymaker headlight does not have enough side light when in the twisties. Without the driving lights and / or with the high beam on you loose all of your side light when in corners. The light projects a very wide flat beam and it cuts off the sides of the road  when tipping into corners, I took the bike back to the dealer and they charged me $50 to reprogram the ECM to allow the driving lights to stay on with the high beams. This fixed the problem and I see great now. My only complaint is the radio and GPS system. Very slow to boot up. I'm having an issue where we do not have enough volume to hear (Radio, CB, Intercom) in our helmets clearly at Highway speed. On the old bike, we had plenty of volume and some to spare to hear each other clearly in our headset's at any speed. Dealer claims this is normal and looking into the issue with the MOCO.

I tried to add pictures here and I kept getting an error message. Will try again.

I also have the problem with not enough volume in the headset mode.
'20 FLHTKSE

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2013, 11:09:45 PM »

Nope, it's still doing it.  I think mine is possessed.  I've had it switch to WB stations on it's own while riding now.  Just did it tonight.  I was listening to Pandora via the streaming iphone, and as I pulled into the driveway all of a sudden the weather band channel WB 5 turns on.  It's really frustrating to have to keep going into the audio menu to bump the fade back to the front speakers. Ugh!!!  Dealer said they would look into it, but I don't have a lot of faith.

Crap, I thought it was just me.  I had the radio go to WB a couple of times.  Fortunately, it hasn't done it for a while.  I didn't follow the thread so well, but if you haven't update the radio via the flash download.

If you already have, sorry for giving lame advice. 

It is a pretty sophisticated set up one one hand, and on the other it is a PITA.  Just wait until I go with the SENA setup and try to get Blue Tooth working through the headset - I can hardly wait.  And why I will have to do a $200 dongle to get bi-dir with a headset is unconscionable in this day in age.

Best,

Mark

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

CVO Aqua-Glider

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 FLHTKSE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2013, 12:24:34 AM »

Crap, I thought it was just me.  I had the radio go to WB a couple of times.  Fortunately, it hasn't done it for a while.  I didn't follow the thread so well, but if you haven't update the radio via the flash download.

If you already have, sorry for giving lame advice.  

It is a pretty sophisticated set up one one hand, and on the other it is a PITA.  Just wait until I go with the SENA setup and try to get Blue Tooth working through the headset - I can hardly wait.  And why I will have to do a $200 dongle to get bi-dir with a headset is unconscionable in this day in age.

Best,

Mark

I've been using a Sena headset for 4 years now. l Love it, but can't see how it can be integrated into the Infotainment set up. I think I'm going to sideline my Sena as I'm really enjoying the Infotainment even with the glitches that better get fixed.  I figures out the WB coming on by itself.  I had it set to "alert" me.  After I defeated "alerts," all is good.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 12:33:22 AM by CVO Aqua-Glider »

Untitled by oneboltzfan, on Flickr
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue/Wicked Sapphire

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2013, 10:37:08 AM »

Well here is an update;

I have almost 1600 miles on the bike now, the bike is great, the only issue I have had with it is it dumped antifreeze out the overflow again.
It did it when I got home after the first 50 mile break in ride and then it did it again last Thursday when I got to Reno for Street Vibrations.
Air temp was in the low 50's so I had the lower fairing vents closed, only thing I can figure is that is what caused it to get hot. I ended up having
to buy a gallon of premix from Reno Harley and a disposable funnel to add about 1/2 a cup to the reservoir.

You had to BUY antifreeze on a brand new bike  :nixweiss: That is BS and shame on the dealer for not taking care of an obvious new design bike issue.

Seems like a letter fired off to HD is in order.

Especially since the HD reps - employees that follow this forum won't step up.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2013, 12:50:27 PM »

You had to BUY antifreeze on a brand new bike  :nixweiss: That is BS and shame on the dealer for not taking care of an obvious new design bike issue.

I thought the same thing Duane.  And the guy from Ohio bought a $40,000 bike and dealer charged him $50 for the spotlights to be on with the high beams.  As long as they let the dealer's get away with this BS, it will always be the same.    :soapbox:

CVOgliderider

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2013, 12:58:56 PM »

I went into service first hoping to have someone care and offer to top it off from a gallon they
had open... the service writer acting like he was put out and didn't want to be there, they were busy with Street Vibrations going on but not that busy. He said sorry, you need to go to parts and buy a gallon and a disposable funnel because I don't have one to loan you ether... I always have heard that Carson City sells way more bikes than Reno does... now I know why..

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2013, 01:18:22 PM »

I went into service first hoping to have someone care and offer to top it off from a gallon they
had open... the service writer acting like he was put out and didn't want to be there, they were busy with Street Vibrations going on but not that busy. He said sorry, you need to go to parts and buy a gallon and a disposable funnel because I don't have one to loan you ether... I always have heard that Carson City sells way more bikes than Reno does... now I know why..

That chump sounds like a great candidate for Dick of the Week. I thought ALL dealers are philosophically supposed to give an extra hand to a stranded Harley owner, especially one with a frigging warranty.  I would have been hopping pissed if that jerk-off pulled that stunt on me. Now, I could understand them making me wait in line for those ahead, or at least give me the option to fill it up myself, but straight out refusing to honor a HD warranty on a new bike and forcing you to buy your own coolant is just not acceptable.  While I would have screamed bloody murder for the owner right then, after the fact, I would definitely send a letter demanding a refund and sending a copy to MOCO too.  Tolerating this kind of crap is just enabling these idiots.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2013, 01:45:19 PM »

Makes ya wanna go out and buy a new bike, doesn't it? ::)

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2013, 01:54:47 PM »

That chump sounds like a great candidate for Dick of the Week. I thought ALL dealers are philosophically supposed to give an extra hand to a stranded Harley owner, especially one with a frigging warranty.  I would have been hopping pissed if that jerk-off pulled that stunt on me. Now, I could understand them making me wait in line for those ahead, or at least give me the option to fill it up myself, but straight out refusing to honor a HD warranty on a new bike and forcing you to buy your own coolant is just not acceptable.  While I would have screamed bloody murder for the owner right then, after the fact, I would definitely send a letter demanding a refund and sending a copy to MOCO too.  Tolerating this kind of crap is just enabling these idiots.

:2vrolijk_21:

CVOgliderider

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2013, 03:48:05 PM »

You will love this, when I asked if they had a funnel to loan me the service writer tells me, the only funnels they have are the ones they use for oil?? guess they
haven't worked on any 2014 bikes and don't plan to. I was so pissed at that point I just wanted to top off the reservoir and get the hell out of there. Thankfully one
of the guys I was riding with was on a trike so he put the gallon in his trunk when we headed home or I would have had to leave it at the hotel.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 24 queries.