Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 4 point docking hardware issues on 2016 model  (Read 2898 times)

markp1965

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

4 point docking hardware issues on 2016 model
« on: January 23, 2016, 10:24:38 PM »

I have a 2016 cvo streetglide with 4 point docking hardware and am having major issues getting my backrest and tour pak racks to fit on , I previously had a 2010 cvo streetglide and my backrest fit perfectly and clipped in with ease I also had a tour pak which clipped in with ease , on the new bike the back rest fits but it is very hard to clip in and my tour pak rak is even harder to get on and clip in , I just bought a new tour pak for the bike and had to get a new rak thinking oh it will clip right in but no such luck is it possible that the dealer did not install the docking hardware properly ? its the only thing I can think of at this point

Dave H

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 ( SESG ) Orange/Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red ( Sadly Sold )
    • CVO3: 2016 FLHXSE3 Black
Re: 4 point docking hardware issues on 2016 model
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 10:32:24 PM »

Hi Mark
Mate check that right hand rear shock absorber is on the correct way up ? - I don't know if there is a " correct" way up or down but one end fouls the right hand side of the rack and won't allow it to engage properly .
There are a few old posts on here about this , and it was the problem with my 2012 .
My 4 point docking kit is " tight " but OK .
Hope you sort it out big fella
Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

markp1965

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 11:07:58 PM »

Thanks Dave , That was an issue at first and I did have the shock flipped around the proper way which helped a little definitely helped with the back rest but the tour pak rak doesn't even use the shock absorber only the 4 point docking hardware

luc.who

• Senior CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Slate gray/Black
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 06:43:17 AM »

I put one on a 2015 RGS and we had the shock issue.  Also on the end of the 4 point docking system, the last spacer goes on both ways and it made the differnce for me attaching the backrest. 

Look at the docking system where the backrest mounts, either a phillips head or allen, try taking it off and put the outside in and inside out..
2012 FLHXSE3 Slate Gray/ Diamond Black
Drago Heads & 580 Cams
118 HP and 125 TQ
Built & Tuned by Wide Open Cycles in Virginia
TTS Master Tuner
Fullsac DX Header
Rinehart 4inch slip ons

harleychef2011

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 Road King - Tribal Orange & Galactic Black
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 10:32:31 AM »

I have a '14 CVO Road King and installed the 4-point as well.  My passenger seat does not "fit" properly either (wont clasp all the way around the mount) and is a son of a bitch to take off after a ride with the wife.  Hmmm.......
2014 CVO Road King
V&H Power Duals
V&H Carbon Fiber Tip Pipes
HD Super Tuner & Dyno - 98.7 HP 112.9TQ
RoadTech 665 GPS
Mucho HD Add-Ons!!!

DOWNTOWN DON

• Full CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: 2012 flhxse3 Black diamond, Dark slate. (WRECKED)
    • CVO2: 2015 flhxse4 Starfire Black/Gold Dust Flames.
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 03:03:34 PM »

You do realize that the black plastic sleeves on the dock are oval right? You have to crack the bolts and rotate them for the best fit, then retighten. Hope this helps.

"Downtown Don"
CVO1:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2" power cores & tts mastertune, mustang super solo vintage/13" rear pillion, 7" lrs ultra elite dark tint windshield, truk lite ph7 headlight & custom dynamics signals,  color matched king tour pak.
CVO2:  Fullsac "DX" pipe/2 1/4" power cores, screens, & tts mastertune, 7" lrs ultra elite/dark tint/screemin eagle scripture, fairing vents, fork baffle, matching pass boards & backrest, and a LOT more to come.

Thx and come again: "DOWNTOWN DON"

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 10:14:26 PM »

For those who don't have them, click on the attached pdf for the instructions which include the adjustment procedure mentioned by Downtown Don.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

markp1965

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 04:04:32 AM »

Thanks for the info guys I had no idea those black sleeves weren't the same all around once I followed the instructions everything went on without a problem , You'd think my dealer would have known that as well ???

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 10:41:54 AM »

Thanks for the info guys I had no idea those black sleeves weren't the same all around once I followed the instructions everything went on without a problem , You'd think my dealer would have known that as well ???

:o   You aren't the first to have a dealer installed accessory put together wrong.  It seems to be a common failing these days, with fewer and fewer people including the so-called professionals actually taking the time to read the instructions.  I'm married to one such person, and after years of having to explain things she buys and then can't make work, or repair the stuff she breaks by not following instructions, I set a new policy.  Unless she reads the instructions or manuals first, I've told her I won't help her figure it out or fix it.  She gets kind of mad when we buy a new vehicle and I hand her the owner's manual the first day and tell her to read it.  I can't wait until she gets her next new vehicle later this year, what with all the new electronics that can't be avoided anymore.  When I hand her the manuals for the vehicle and the infotainment system, I'm guessing the air will turn blue from the response I'll get. ;)

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 24 queries.