Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Solid State Covers  (Read 19795 times)

jhcustoms

Re: Solid State Covers
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2013, 06:21:10 AM »

When I'm back home ill try and upload the pics of the plate so everyone can see the damages it did. It was pretty narly. Right now I'm 3500 miles away from home with the fam for the holidays. If it was a full face helmet it pry would have went right thru the visor it hit so hard.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2013, 09:03:41 AM »

Just to make a statement I'm not affiliated with solid state covers I actually own one and it actually saved my a $$ one day so don't be quick to knock these covers. I was doing 70 down the interstate and took a fairly large rock to the face. I wear half helmets and figured my solid state was gonna be a good investment and damn straight it was! Some idiot was drivin with an uncovered bed full of gardening rocks and one came off the back of his truck about the size of a large marble at 70 mph and slammed me right in the face it hit me hard enough to wench my head back and make me see stars! If it wasn't for my solid state cover I pry would have been dead! So for all the people who mock this product or have smart sh*t to say your just being ignorant and judging with out having facts. I personally still have my first solid state cover that saved my a $$ and ordered another one since the first one got smashed!

Probably be a lot smarter to just buy a proper full face helmet if you really care about protection.  Then the shield would be fully and properly supported by something other than your face.  And the shields on the name brand helmets are very tough, so I doubt your rock would have gone right through it.  Been there, done that more than once in my life; the shield and my face both survived.

While you claim to not be affiliated, try not to be upset if some of us are hesitant to just take your word for it.  It's kind of hard to take that kind of statement seriously when the guy making it only has two posts, both of which are plugs for this product.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2013, 09:38:14 AM »

Now, Jerry...... ::)....  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2013, 12:53:52 PM »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D would anyone really consider wearing that?  I could just imagine someone arriving at a rally or event wearing that...that would be an endless supply of jokes for the weekend?  Probably works better if you put a little bug slide on it, keep your eyebrows bushy so you can trap the bugs? :2vrolijk_21:
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2013, 08:33:04 PM »

This is more my style

:oops: :nixweiss:

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

jhcustoms

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2013, 09:43:41 PM »

Its ok I dont mind the comments from people about what I choose to wear. Its just kinda childish people mock a product they haven't even tried or worn or have to make jokes towards the people who actually like it. I'm sure if harley or some other person" the maker of ur favorite helmet or gear" came out with it you wouldn't be mocking it or if 200 thousand other bikers backed it you'd be all over it like a school kid on a new trend. And my post or what I claim shouldn't be worth any more or any less than someone who has made 5, 50 or 5000. Whatever happen to just being an adult and bein mature and not degrading people? Sounds like alotta you guys have  some growing up to do. But I happen to stand behind this product and will continue to wear my mask. And for the smart guy saying attached to your face.really how is that any diffferent than a regular helmet it is also strapped to a portion of your head/face and if u wanna get technical a helmets actually just strapped to you chin/neck. :2vrolijk_21:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2013, 10:41:46 PM »

I had the same exact thought, before it was ever posted, that it seems like a pretty strange post to start with on a forum.  Especially when it was a reply to a 4 year old post.  I don't think there's much chance of 200,000 people leading the way with that shield, and frankly, they're just plain ugly.  I can't see anyone wearing one of those for anything beyond a joke.  Personally, I think you have got a lot of nerve telling forum members that they need to grow up for your 3rd post.  I see no reason to continue following this thread since there's not much else to say about these after seeing a picture of one.

jhcustoms

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2013, 04:11:35 AM »

Hey charles  im sure we have crossed paths or seen each other out riding since I live 15 mins tops from springfeild vt. As for the guy who acts like he is big and tough by saying I have nerves to tell people to grow up on here...... u really need to find a life away from forums if u seem to think anyone truely cares what anyone else has to say...its not like any of us are gonna jump thru a computer and beat someone's ass......really dude lol. Regardless of if it was on here or in person I'd say the same thing. A lot of you guys are just plain rude and really immature and need to grow up or just keep ur rude comments to your self. It was a simple question of if anyone owns a solid state and what they think of the product......not some narcistic pricks immature petty comment towards something they don't own or ever tried....I'm sure a lot of people think half the garbage u guys wear looks rediculous but u don't hear people trashing you for it. One of these days u guys are gonna trash someone about something and its just gonna be the wrong person on the wrong day and its probably gonna be u who gets trashed in the end. Just an insight u all should think about  :2vrolijk_21:

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2013, 04:40:09 AM »

Hey charles  im sure we have crossed paths or seen each other out riding since I live 15 mins tops from springfeild vt. As for the guy who acts like he is big and tough by saying I have nerves to tell people to grow up on here...... u really need to find a life away from forums if u seem to think anyone truely cares what anyone else has to say...its not like any of us are gonna jump thru a computer and beat someone's ass......really dude lol. Regardless of if it was on here or in person I'd say the same thing. A lot of you guys are just plain rude and really immature and need to grow up or just keep ur rude comments to your self. It was a simple question of if anyone owns a solid state and what they think of the product......not some narcistic pricks immature petty comment towards something they don't own or ever tried....I'm sure a lot of people think half the garbage u guys wear looks rediculous but u don't hear people trashing you for it. One of these days u guys are gonna trash someone about something and its just gonna be the wrong person on the wrong day and its probably gonna be u who gets trashed in the end. Just an insight u all should think about  :2vrolijk_21:
I've met 1abastarsmda and have ridden a few miles with him. My money is on him for this one  :P

Now as far as you digging up a 4 year old thread and jumping in with both feet without a proper introdcution of yourself especially when you have a screen name that would depict a wannabe seller of lord only knows what, why don't you take your sorry ass back to the hole you came out of.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2013, 10:24:51 AM »

I've met 1abastarsmda and have ridden a few miles with him. My money is on him for this one  :P

Now as far as you digging up a 4 year old thread and jumping in with both feet without a proper introdcution of yourself especially when you have a screen name that would depict a wannabe seller of lord only knows what, why don't you take your sorry ass back to the hole you came out of.

I just love this board! Smart people with an attitude, can't get chit past this board!
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2013, 10:49:58 AM »

Hey charles  im sure we have crossed paths or seen each other out riding since I live 15 mins tops from springfeild vt. As for the guy who acts like he is big and tough by saying I have nerves to tell people to grow up on here...... u really need to find a life away from forums if u seem to think anyone truely cares what anyone else has to say...its not like any of us are [Never mind.  Too much to fix.  Stupid might just be contagious too.  So I'm not touching it anymore.] gonna jump thru a computer and beat someone's ass......really dude lol. Regardless of if it was on here or in person I'd say the same thing. A lot of you guys are just plain rude and really immature and need to grow up or just keep ur rude comments to your self. It was a simple question of if anyone owns a solid state and what they think of the product......not some narcistic pricks immature petty comment towards something they don't own or ever tried....I'm sure a lot of people think half the garbage u guys wear looks rediculous but u don't hear people trashing you for it. One of these days u guys are gonna trash someone about something and its just gonna be the wrong person on the wrong day and its probably gonna be u who gets trashed in the end. Just an insight u all should think about  :2vrolijk_21:

You.... umm... well.....; you spelled narcissistic wrong (and a frightening amount elsewhere too).  Is it hard to make a point when your presentation is rediculous (sic)?

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2013, 11:00:10 AM »

Damn, you just never know where the crazy chit is gonna end up in these threads anymore.  Could be a thread about backing out of a garage, could be a tattoo thread or might be one about a tire-plugging GTG.  This time it was a simple face shield thread.  Gotta read 'em all so ya don't miss out on a good laugh! :huepfenjump3:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2013, 11:08:55 AM »

Question for Naitram?

Is jhcustomstroll the same person as Passmeagaragetattoplugbeer?
If not, maybe they are brothers.

:nixweiss:

SBB

Wait, CamCVO is reviewing this thread, bet he can find out.

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

cambo

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Breakout
    • CVO2: 2015 Ultra Limited
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2013, 12:04:20 PM »

Question for Naitram?

Is jhcustomstroll the same person as Passmeagaragetattoplugbeer?
If not, maybe they are brothers.

:nixweiss:

SBB

Wait, CamCVO is reviewing this thread, bet he can find out.

Just noticed the 'fine print'! :)
Chip I think I need to be activated if and when jhcustom rises (falls?) to the same level as passmeabeer (RIP).
So far I'm trying to figure out why he started his conversation by yelling at folks about something that transpired 4 years ago. He has an angle, I'm sure of it. But what is it? Why so hostile?

Now if he ever posts the picture of the face mask from his near death encounter with a rock as he promised...

jhcustoms

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2013, 03:36:47 PM »

No I'm not the same person. I just don't like to see people bash chit just to feel better about them selves or to fit in with the group to look cool. My motives or angles is pretty simple. This is a decent site and I'm sure it has a lot of decent people too but seriously some of you need to raise ur maturity levels and answer questions based on experience and knowledge of the parts or gear beaing questioned and I've only seen a couple legit answers and the rest are people poking fun or trashin people or the products like you don't have anything better to do than park ur ass on a forum and trash people.....just makes y'all look childish. As for my spelling I'm using a smart phone that isn't to smart so real mature and adult like baggin on spelling like that's gonna make you look any more intelligent. I could care less what my typing looks like so feel free to proofread it all lol I'm sure u have plenty of time on your hands. As for digging up an old post its actually posted freely on the internet and searchable thru google and you don't have to be a memeber to see or read about it....I came across it and figured I'd read it and what do you know all you guys think its cute to trash talk products u haven't tried.....a persons words are only as good as the person who speaks them...... so if you talk trash that means you are trash.. since a lot of you people are older I'm sure a lot of stuff now days looks ridiculous to you...that's cause ur old school. It doesn't have anything to do with if it works or not your just bein a judgemental jackass. I've spent enough time on this thread and hopefully its been educational to some of you to stop bein such a jackass and grow up.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 24 queries.