Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: CVO My '85 FXWG!  (Read 15490 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
CVO My '85 FXWG!
« on: September 19, 2007, 05:14:33 PM »

Well, I just got made an offer I can't refuse, to CVO my '85 EVO FXWG! I just ordered a 110" Rev-Tech engine (same specs as my SERK, 4.375" stroke x 4.0" bore) 110 HP, complete with charging system, carb, ignition, all the covers, etc.; new 6-speed trans; new Heavy Duty clutch; inner and outer primary's; new comp sprocket, 1.7 KW starter, etc. A complete conversion package from the crappy tapered keyway'd shaft 4-speed setup, to a modern splined 6-speed setup. Everything you need to replace the old stuff, complete. Get this...$5700.00!

I just saved about 3 grand by doing it this way vs. using the S&S 113 and buying everything separate. So with the money I saved, I can now finish the rest of the bike to bring it up to CVO standards!

New PM Calipers and new Rotors, and send forks to Traxxion for AK-20 conversion and new BiTubo Rear Shocks. That should do it.

The whole conversion should come in under 10 grand installed!

One of the best bikes HD ever made will now get CVO treatment and be made even better. If my SERK works out as planned, I'll have 2 of the best bikes that HD wished they could make! ;)

Looks like it's time to sell the Pro Street! ::)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: CVO My '85 FXWG!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 08:58:53 PM »

LOL, Howie!  You ain't right putting $10K into an '85, LOL!  That's what I like about you, though.  You do things for the passion, not 'cause they're logical.  Sorta like flying to Memphis after your SERK broke down, just so you could be with us! :2vrolijk_21:

Be sure and take some before and after photos.  You know the drill . . .

:worthless:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 09:02:14 PM »

LOL, Howie!  You ain't right

Brian

Thought I would quote you on the important part of your post!
True, true, very true!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 10:42:05 PM »

LOL, Howie!  You ain't right putting $10K into an '85, LOL!  That's what I like about you, though.  You do things for the passion, not 'cause they're logical.  Sorta like flying to Memphis after your SERK broke down, just so you could be with us! :2vrolijk_21:

Be sure and take some before and after photos.  You know the drill . . .

:worthless:

Hey Brian, you know I ain't right man! :2vrolijk_21:

I love that bike and it's going to the grave with me! Try this for starters. It has the pics of my '85 FXWG and my 89" EVO Pro Street.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=9528.msg150977#msg150977

You can use these as the before pics for now. I'll get more before I take it apart. It's gonna be better than ever now!

I tell you what else ain't right. I called my friend back and told him that I'll have a spare 4-speed/Evo drivetrain now. I asked him to find me an old rigid frame and front end and I'm also gonna build a 4-speed Evo Chopper with a 200 tire! Why the hell not! ;)

And as for the passion for this.........................................I LOVE THIS CHIT! :o

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 12:11:58 AM »

The occasional trips to NYC are going to be a lot more pleasant what with a spare bike all CVO'd up to ride while there :drink: :huepfenlol2: .

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 07:24:31 AM »

Howie sounds like fun. Are you planning to wrench these 2 projects yourself in your garage? If so I will come up on weeknds and give you a hand. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 09:41:16 AM »

The occasional trips to NYC are going to be a lot more pleasant what with a spare bike all CVO'd up to ride while there :drink: :huepfenlol2: .

Bring it on Don. We'll be waiting for you!

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 09:44:51 AM »

Howie sounds like fun. Are you planning to wrench these 2 projects yourself in your garage? If so I will come up on weeknds and give you a hand. Later,Q

Not this time John. My friend has a shop, and is getting me this stuff at cost and installing it. Some mods have to be made to the bike to accept this drivetrain. I'll leave it to to experts. My friend told me to throw my tools away years ago. ;D

But with the stuff I yank out, I was thinking of throwing together a little rigid chopper. I might mess with that one myself. And you're certainly welcome to give me a hand if I get that one going! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 12:22:45 PM »

Not this time John. My friend has a shop, and is getting me this stuff at cost and installing it. Some mods have to be made to the bike to accept this drivetrain. I'll leave it to to experts. My friend told me to throw my tools away years ago. ;D

But with the stuff I yank out, I was thinking of throwing together a little rigid chopper. I might mess with that one myself. And you're certainly welcome to give me a hand if I get that one going! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Howie,
Sounds great, look forward to seeing the finish product, both of them!

Ed :pepper:
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 12:35:27 PM »

Howie,
Sounds great, look forward to seeing the finish product, both of them!

Ed :pepper:

Thanks Ed! :2vrolijk_21:

The new Drivetrain should be in next week, but if my SERK's not ready for Neal's, I'll be bringing this bike up, and wait until Nov to start the work. I might wait anyway, as Twincam (Randy) is planning on coming to NYC first week of Nov. on business. I'll need a second bike to show my CVOHarley guests around the City, won't I? ;)

Hoist! 8)

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 02:32:41 PM »

More POWER to ya , I loved my FXDWG3 but needed the bagger, if I ever get to a point in life I can get another I will
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 02:26:17 PM »

More new chit for my '85 CVO FXWG project. I found this really cool front end for $950. Ordered it today. When it comes in, it gets shipped directly to Traxxion for AK-20 cartridge fork conversion. The original WG front end will be used for my cheapo chopper project. This is the new front end description from CCI:

"Front End Assemblies
Custom Chrome® 'Deluxe' Front Fork Kits with Billet Triple Trees and TÜV Approval Kits feature stunningly-styled chrome billet triple trees with a smooth top tree and no stem nut for the cleanest look possible. This is achieved by having the head cup tension adjustment located under the bottom tree. The distinctive beveled edges of the trees have a unique look that's hard to beat. Every kit comes complete with our chrome or polished FXST style 1984 thru 1999 dual or single disc fork sliders and tube assemblies. Each kit includes the Timken bearings, dust shields, jam nuts, pinch bolts, fork stops, slider bushings, seals and retaining clips. Single Disc Front End Kits."

Still trying to confirm fit of the FL 300 mm BiTubos for use with this bike. (anyone know?) I also ordered new PM cailpers front and rear, Russell front and rear floating rotors, new wiring harness complete, new Speedo and ignition switch. I'm using the 10" WO 10" apes I have on 6" risers. I think I'll get new hand and foot controls too. :o

I'm stripping the rest of the bike down and having the frame and swingarm repowdercoated. New bushings/bearings for the swingarm. I think I got everything. Did I miss something? :nixweiss:

Everything that's being replaced will be used for my cheapo chopper project. This way I'm not just replacing working stuff with new. I'll be able to build a new '85 CVO FXWG, while having almost everything I need to build the cheapo chopper. Sounds like a good plan to me, even though ya'll, Binx included, thinks I've lost my mind! Well I have, but that's besides the point. I'll have the baddest '85 FXWG ever built, along with the baddest SERK3 ever built. They'll sit alongside my 89" Evo Pro Street and my new 80" Evo cheapo chopper! My stable will then be complete! ;)

Hoist! 8)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 02:41:12 PM »

Rat rap that clutch and hand shift the Cheepochop!  Keep it up, it is helping my cause Bro!!

:drink:   :drink:   :drink:

Miker

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 03:08:49 PM »

Rat rap that clutch and hand shift the Cheepochop!  Keep it up, it is helping my cause Bro!!

:drink:   :drink:   :drink:

Miker

Thinking about that miker! I might be a little old for hand shifting! ;D The 4-speed drivetrain will be the complete original stock setup from my '85. But I'm looking into jockeying it! I think right now, I'll only need a frame, tins (Frisco'd sporty tank and flat rear fender-no front fender), wheels, rear caliper, a nice Metal Flake seat, and rail sissy bar for it, and I'll have all the parts. :o

Don't wanna get carried away with the cheapo chopper too much here. That's a subject for a whole new thread! :D

This is gonna be the coolest $3000 chopper you've ever seen though! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 03:12:01 PM »

More new chit for my '85 CVO FXWG project. I found this really cool front end for $950. Ordered it today. When it comes in, it gets shipped directly to Traxxion for AK-20 cartridge fork conversion. The original WG front end will be used for my cheapo chopper project. This is the new front end description from CCI:

"Front End Assemblies
Custom Chrome® 'Deluxe' Front Fork Kits with Billet Triple Trees and TÜV Approval Kits feature stunningly-styled chrome billet triple trees with a smooth top tree and no stem nut for the cleanest look possible. This is achieved by having the head cup tension adjustment located under the bottom tree. The distinctive beveled edges of the trees have a unique look that's hard to beat. Every kit comes complete with our chrome or polished FXST style 1984 thru 1999 dual or single disc fork sliders and tube assemblies. Each kit includes the Timken bearings, dust shields, jam nuts, pinch bolts, fork stops, slider bushings, seals and retaining clips. Single Disc Front End Kits."

Still trying to confirm fit of the FL 300 mm BiTubos for use with this bike. (anyone know?) I also ordered new PM cailpers front and rear, Russell front and rear floating rotors, new wiring harness complete, new Speedo and ignition switch. I'm using the 10" WO 10" apes I have on 6" risers. I think I'll get new hand and foot controls too. :o

I'm stripping the rest of the bike down and having the frame and swingarm repowdercoated. New bushings/bearings for the swingarm. I think I got everything. Did I miss something? :nixweiss:

Everything that's being replaced will be used for my cheapo chopper project. This way I'm not just replacing working stuff with new. I'll be able to build a new '85 CVO FXWG, while having almost everything I need to build the cheapo chopper. Sounds like a good plan to me, even though ya'll, Binx included, thinks I've lost my mind! Well I have, but that's besides the point. I'll have the baddest '85 FXWG ever built, along with the baddest SERK3 ever built. They'll sit alongside my 89" Evo Pro Street and my new 80" Evo cheapo chopper! My stable will then be complete! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Howie, if you wanted a new bike.......   :nixweiss:

I thought you loved that bike man?  Now there won't be anything left of it.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 24 queries.