Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: 2017 "Real World" pics CVO SG????  (Read 36313 times)

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: 2017 "Real World" pics CVO SG????
« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2016, 07:42:54 AM »

Twins?

For the second time.  We both had Skunks, for a couple years.  Joe still has his.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2016, 08:56:04 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2016, 04:21:19 PM »

I drove 120 miles this AM to lay my eyes on a gray and black bike.  I have now seen all but the blue bike.  As others have said it was underwhelming.  I am partial to dark bikes and may very well end up with this color but from 10 feet away it looks black. In defense of the color, it does hide the awkward graphics on this years CVO. If you want a "look at me" bike, this color combination is definitely not for you.  Of the bikes I have seen the O/B looks I guess as striking as any.  Red..meh...just not my color...and have not seen the blue.

There was an orange Street Glide Special sitting next to the CVO with a color matched inner fairing and it was much more striking than the CVO bike.  Go figure.  Seeing these bikes I came away with a gnawing feeling of maybe just buying a regular street glide special and calling it a day would be an option.  For the $11K in price difference you could really make a bike that would be just what you wanted....But then you would take it in the shorts when trade in time came.  No real winner here.  Just my thoughts. What do the rest of you guys think?  Thanks for listening.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2016, 07:25:35 PM »

I drove 120 miles this AM to lay my eyes on a gray and black bike.  I have now seen all but the blue bike.  As others have said it was underwhelming.  I am partial to dark bikes and may very well end up with this color but from 10 feet away it looks black. In defense of the color, it does hide the awkward graphics on this years CVO. If you want a "look at me" bike, this color combination is definitely not for you.  Of the bikes I have seen the O/B looks I guess as striking as any.  Red..meh...just not my color...and have not seen the blue.

There was an orange Street Glide Special sitting next to the CVO with a color matched inner fairing and it was much more striking than the CVO bike.  Go figure.  Seeing these bikes I came away with a gnawing feeling of maybe just buying a regular street glide special and calling it a day would be an option.  For the $11K in price difference you could really make a bike that would be just what you wanted....But then you would take it in the shorts when trade in time came.  No real winner here.  Just my thoughts. What do the rest of you guys think?  Thanks for listening.
Same thing I told Dave when he bought his new Batwing and was wanting an RG. Buy the bike that grabs you and if the engine isn't big enough, do the Stage3 upgrade from a 107 to a 114.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2016, 08:17:23 PM »

Spook the Blue CVO SG was a near miss for me. I even sat down and crunched numbers. In the end it was just a bit off for me. The secondary color is too dark and too much of it on the ass. Close but no cigar, my wallet stays happy for now!

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Lars

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's not the destination, "IT'S THE RIDE"

• CVO1: 2013 SEUC8
    • CVO2: 1983 Shovelhead "Ole Black Betty"
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2016, 10:31:03 PM »

The graphics on the 2017 CVO's leave a whole lot to be desired. 👎👎

UGLY!!!
With old age has come the wisdom to embrace my immaturity.

Lars

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2016, 11:54:49 PM »

Well I guess thats why God makes chocolate and vanilla because in person i absolutely love the red/black and the orange/black CVO SG. I guess Im just crazy
Alan

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2016, 06:29:09 AM »

Well I guess thats why God makes chocolate and vanilla because in person i absolutely love the red/black and the orange/black CVO SG. I guess Im just crazy

Not crazy at all my friend, just different tastes. That's why they make different color combos. Just wish they would have made different paint schemes not crazy about the layout.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2016, 11:33:22 AM »

The Orange on my new 2017 is not my ideal Orange. I too almost bought the Laguna Orange Streetglide or Roadglide . At the end of the day I have owned a CVO Since 2000, I guess I wanted to stay in the club.

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2016, 11:38:24 AM »

A black and laguna orange bike would be stunning.  HD are you listening!!!!!!????  You can still make it for a mid year surprise!

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2016, 11:49:54 AM »

HD are you listening!!!!!!????   
Ya,right!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2016, 06:15:21 AM »

The Orange on my new 2017 is not my ideal Orange. I too almost bought the Laguna Orange Streetglide or Roadglide . At the end of the day I have owned a CVO Since 2000, I guess I wanted to stay in the club.

Every bike with a fairing I have owned until this has been a CVO Road Glide.  I really looked hard at the Laguna Orange road glide special.  Was extremely close to going that route.  Two things held me back one being trade value in two years with over 40K on the bike.  I would have had 6~7 K in wheels, chome fork legs, stretched bags, CVO rear fender and so on.  Get nothing for that stuff in trade.  The other part is I'm use to everything a CVO has.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

kalikali

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #147 on: October 05, 2016, 01:07:49 AM »

Jesus Christ,exactly why I never come on this site. A guy could go out and put a JIMS 135" in his bike and some asswipe would bitch that he might get chitty gas mpg with the new motor.
This is a "forum" which was made to express  opinions. If you dont like people expressing their opinions, forums aren't for you then.
I also think the paint schemes on the new CVO leave much more to be desired. But from I gather taste vary greatly in the Harley community  as I see a few of my friends mock my 15 silver CVO street glide, which I think is amazing.  One thing for sure, they need to improve their paint scheme to increase sales.  I wouldnt mind dropping another 40k on a CVO Ultra, but like others say the current models dont leave me in awe.

Harley CVO really need to step up their game, as there are alot of people who have the money to pay the premium for a luxury item but they have yet to provide the product to support it.  Maybe this is why they dropped production and old CVO's are still on dealer floors.

HARLEY STEP UP YOUR PAINT GAME, LOOK AT SAND RAILS FOR EXAMPLES IF YOU ARE OUT OF CREATIVITY!!!!!!!

On a side not I really do think this Ultra is cool  and will seriously consider non cvo models in the near future:

« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 01:14:30 AM by kalikali »

kalikali

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #148 on: October 05, 2016, 01:16:49 AM »

The graphics on the 2017 CVO's leave a whole lot to be desired. 👎👎

UGLY!!!

+1

spook120

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #149 on: October 05, 2016, 05:18:37 AM »

I had my local parts guy figure out what it would cost to build that bike with a 114 motor....well over 40k.  And no you would not get that kind of money back when it was time to trade.  Cool bike though.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.