Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Install location for Arnott Air compressor and Dirty Air supply tank  (Read 2554 times)

HDgirl

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

I have a 2016 CVO Streetglide that I am having Arnott Air ride with a Dirty Air supply tank installed on.  Everything has been installed and works great, my only problem is when we put the saddle bags back on the bike the rear speakers cannot be plugged in because of how the tank and compressor mount to the frame.  Has anyone had this issue and how to resolve it???

cvoMD

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

• CVO1: 2015 cvo street glide hard candy mercury
Re: Install location for Arnott Air compressor and Dirty Air supply tank
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 11:32:44 PM »

I have the dirty air system amd just installed it a couple weeks ago. I had to adjust the tank and compressor within the brackets to make ot work. A little trial and error to male it work. Also make surr the brackets are installed the right way because if they are backwards the compressor and tank will stick out about 3/4 to an 1"  more

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 12:15:05 AM »

Dirty air makes a bag rail mounted air tank....

dlg

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 10:05:18 AM »

Can someone explain how the dirty air system works with the Arnott air shocks.  Is there a different switch to run the dirty air system.

THx

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 02:43:22 PM »

Can someone explain how the dirty air system works with the Arnott air shocks.  Is there a different switch to run the dirty air system.

THx
It's just an air tank.  Your shocks are basically air bags.  In a tankless system...the compressor itself fills the shocks with air, so it takes a while.  When you have an air tank, you get a larger compressor that fills the tank, then the air get pumped into the shocks a lot faster.

dlg

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 03:21:09 PM »

Thanks, is there a different switch and how do you adjust the ride.  When does the tank fill, do you have to fill it manually with the on board compressor.  Anyone have a pdf of the instructions I can see.

Thx

HDgirl

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 05:14:05 PM »

The way mine is set up is that with one switch it draws the air from the storage tank first (for a quick up) and then the compressor refills the tank.  You just have to make sure the hose sizes are correct. Arnott is compatible with the Dirty Air quick up storage tank.

dlg

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 05:32:20 PM »

Just a little more clarification, can you adjust the ride with the original Arnott or Legend switch.  Or is it all on or all off.

Thx,
David

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 06:31:20 PM »

It's just a 2 way toggle....nothing special.  With mine, I could have raised or lowered it on the fly.

dlg

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 09:05:15 PM »

I have a gauge on my bike and I adjust the pressure for the ride.  If I toggle all up or all down, then it won't feel right.  Now if I can go all up and fine tune with the Arnott switch then I agree it is a good system.

Thx,
David

LV76

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE traded in
    • CVO3: 16 FLTRUSE
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 08:59:36 AM »

Nicky Pass or anyone else that can offer their experience with this system ,
I'm also looking for additional info on the 'fast fill system', I have had the Legends Aero air shock system on my 2015 then transferred to the 2016 and would like to add the fast up air tank along with purchasing a new compressor and mounting bracket to mount the compressor on the opposite side of the air tank behind the saddle bag (legends compressor is has been adequate but every time I do service on my bike I have to remove the compressor and bracket to drain the oil, I'm currently experiencing air loss in the system, noticed it on this past weekends ride, and I suspect it has to be related to the compressor and or valve under the bike I recently completed a service on the bike prior to the ride).
To reiterate with the addition of the fast up tank system, is there still adjustability to the pressure on the shocks thru my Legends handlebar switch, or is it full up only?
I have called and left messages at Dirty Works regarding questions that I have and have not received a call back as of yet.

Thanks
Larry

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 05:58:24 PM »

Nicky Pass or anyone else that can offer their experience with this system ,
I'm also looking for additional info on the 'fast fill system', I have had the Legends Aero air shock system on my 2015 then transferred to the 2016 and would like to add the fast up air tank along with purchasing a new compressor and mounting bracket to mount the compressor on the opposite side of the air tank behind the saddle bag (legends compressor is has been adequate but every time I do service on my bike I have to remove the compressor and bracket to drain the oil, I'm currently experiencing air loss in the system, noticed it on this past weekends ride, and I suspect it has to be related to the compressor and or valve under the bike I recently completed a service on the bike prior to the ride).
To reiterate with the addition of the fast up tank system, is there still adjustability to the pressure on the shocks thru my Legends handlebar switch, or is it full up only?
I have called and left messages at Dirty Works regarding questions that I have and have not received a call back as of yet.

Thanks
Larry

I'm sure you could use the legend switch.  Basically, you get a compressor about twice the size of the legend one and it fills the tank so,you have the air "on demand".  As for your air loss....I highly doubt it's the legend shocks themselves.  It more likely a leak in the air line.  The compressor goes to a valve that distributes the air and dumps the air out. Check all of you air line connections, make sure whoever installed the system used the proper sized hoses and the the quick disconnects are firmly seated.

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 25 queries.