Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New jiffy stand constructional defect on 2015 CVO Deluxe and other low Modells  (Read 2113 times)

FLSTNSE15

• Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

• CVO1: FLSTNSE
    • CVO2: FLSTN (hers)
    • CVO3: Zündapp DB 234 from 1953

One of my main issues with my new 2015 Deluxe was the new designed jiffy stand for the 2015 Low models. The problem is now fixed on my bike but I would like to share with you so that you are aware of this problem. As you can see in the picture above the new designed jiffy stand hits the frame tube and damaged the paint. During my first ride there was also a - clooong- when I drove through a pothole.

After first inspection it was clear that the new jiffy stand is a constructional defect. We checked on other 2015 low bikes with my dealer, exactly the same situation. HD Germany painted now the frame and  changed my jiffy stand through the one from the Fatboy. Problem is now fixed on my bike but I think Harley will get a serious problem when many others will claim also.

So when you have a MY 2015 with new designed jiffy stand you should check the paint on your frame in that area.

Torsten
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 08:58:46 AM by FLSTNSE15 »

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG

Wow, The jiffy stand was one thing HD always made and bragged about being used for so many years. I guess they cheapened that as well to make the stock holders happy. ;D

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.