Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Glare Professional Products  (Read 32737 times)

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: Glare Professional Products
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 03:26:06 PM »

The same company shill representative had made a post prior to 103.  He also made one later testifying to his love of the color pink.  He pulled them both after Brian's remark and replaced them with the infomercial.

Come to think of it...  Hard to trust his infomercial judgment on the Glare products when he likes the color pink so much...  :nixweiss:

O

Chit, so much for Brian being clairvoyant!
Thanks!

SBB

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 03:29:15 PM »

O

Chit, so much for Brian being clairvoyant!
Thanks!

SBB

:2vrolijk_21:

Easy thing to do.  You just confused precognition with his alter(ed) ego; Claire Voyant.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 03:58:14 PM »

I knew I should have quoted him. ::)

That post (the one that's now in RED that was in PINK) makes me want to look for another polish. :-\ :puke:

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 07:16:47 PM »

I am just trying to earn my EBCM patch!

Well tell me the secret.
I been busy getting the scoop on the 09's.
Can't be at both places!

:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

Hint hint, you can PM me

:o
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Sean M Cary

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 08:13:15 PM »

I knew I should have quoted him. ::)

That post (the one that's now in RED that was in PINK) makes me want to look for another polish. :-\ :puke:

I've been holding out for some Glare...using Maguires in the interim.  I see crap like this and it makes me wonder about the true nature of the company.

Sean

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2008, 08:36:49 PM »

I've been holding out for some Glare...using Maguires in the interim.  I see crap like this and it makes me wonder about the true nature of the company.

Sean

Yea, some people will read the post above and get so turned OFF on the product, they wouldn't use it if it were free. How long will it be before Billy Mays starts pushing Glare along with his Orange Glo and life insurance crap?

:indian_chief:

courter

• Senior CVO Member
  • Enjoying the RIDE!!

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon/Silver
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI Purple/Silver Flames
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 09:04:15 PM »

I purchased $150 worth of Glare products based upon reviews here and the people reviewing them were people I have met and know there is no bullchit when they say they stand behind something (it is what it is -- until it isn't anymore).  I am interested to hear about other products, especially when they appear so economical in comparison.  To me though, there has been no disappointment.  My wife's 2002 SERK has no more spider webs in the paint since I used the stuff on it.  Other products may have done the same thing, but in two hours I made it over the entire surface four times with the three different products.  What a difference, and we continue to enjoy the results. 

I spoke with Perry before I ordered, and he seems to be a real guy with a real product that he believes in.  Good for him. 

RedFXR2

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2008, 09:25:35 PM »

Last January I traded in my 1997 Lexus.  11 years of weather, washing, waxing, sun, ice, dew, some salt spray, some road salt, an occasional frisbee bounce, somebody sitting on the fender, leaning against it, all the elements of wear (I have two kids at home if that tells you anything).  I waxed it periodically with Meguiar's but I was far from anal.  When I traded it the paint still looked fantastic, and not one drop of Glare had ever touched it.  Now my question to Glare is this:  Why should I spend a lot more money on something that takes a lot longer to apply, when in my experience, NOT using it worked out just fine?  Let's say it does do something that other waxes don't.  How long would I have to keep the car to realize that?

I've already described my experience with Glare in the other thread.  All that work and money and I was left wondering why I bothered?  It wasn't any shinier than conventional waxes and seemed to wash off at the first touch of clean water and a soft sponge.

My bike, on the other hand, is hardly exposed to anything like the elements I described above on my car.  It sits in a garage, under a cover, never sits outside, never ridden in rain, rinsed off if ever a speck of dirt gets on it.  I imagine this is fairly typical of HD owners.  So when would the typical bike owner get the benefit of the supposed increased durability and paint protection?  How long under those ideal conditions would it take for Glare usage to be justified?

Not trying to be a hard case, but I need to see some justification for the expense and effort that applies in the real world.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2008, 09:28:25 PM »

It's good chit.  I like it.  Best I've ever used.  People who've seen my bikes ask me what I use and I tell them.

But I don't see the need to mention lawyers in posts from the company spokesperson/head chemist or the need for recruiting members to post here (in PINK, I might add ;D) in response to other people saying they've used other products they think work better. :nixweiss:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2008, 09:35:03 PM »

Last January I traded in my 1997 Lexus.  11 years of weather, washing, waxing, sun, ice, dew, some salt spray, some road salt, an occasional frisbee bounce, somebody sitting on the fender, leaning against it, all the elements of wear (I have two kids at home if that tells you anything).  I waxed it periodically with Meguiar's but I was far from anal.  When I traded it the paint still looked fantastic, and not one drop of Glare had ever touched it.  Now my question to Glare is this:  Why should I spend a lot more money on something that takes a lot longer to apply, when in my experience, NOT using it worked out just fine?  Let's say it does do something that other waxes don't.  How long would I have to keep the car to realize that?

I've already described my experience with Glare in the other thread.  All that work and money and I was left wondering why I bothered?  It wasn't any shinier than conventional waxes and seemed to wash off at the first touch of clean water and a soft sponge.

My bike, on the other hand, is hardly exposed to anything like the elements I described above on my car.  It sits in a garage, under a cover, never sits outside, never ridden in rain, rinsed off if ever a speck of dirt gets on it.  I imagine this is fairly typical of HD owners.  So when would the typical bike owner get the benefit of the supposed increased durability and paint protection?  How long under those ideal conditions would it take for Glare usage to be justified?

Not trying to be a hard case, but I need to see some justification for the expense and effort that applies in the real world.

Red

Not to start any chit but a guy in Ill. told me the blue ones are faster than the red ones.
I really don't know but he talked a good line, , , , and his was real shiny!

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 09:40:43 PM »

And not to add any fuel to the fire,

he may have a point about those blue ones.

I have a blue SERG and it's faster than a red SERG.

I think?

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2008, 09:43:37 PM »

I think?

That's only because you retrofit the 09 solar sail.  Not fair.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2008, 09:45:46 PM »

That's only because you retrofit the 09 solar sail.  Not fair.

Damn foiled again!

I forgot, it can only be seen from the rear!

:nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2008, 11:28:46 PM »

I use it, and have recommended it to others as well.  The paint on my bike looks better than it did when new.  I don't get where it's so hard to use either...the initial application is a little more trouble, but after that, it's no more difficult than any other polish I've ever used.  I figure if it's good enough for Honda, or Lamborgini, it's good enough for my bike and other vehicles.  If it protects against UV, that's just an added bonus.  Yes, it costs more, but I've just opened my second bottle after two years on the first one, and I've "touched up" the bike at least every couple of months for two years with just a single coat.  The leather treatment is equally good, IMO.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Sean M Cary

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2008, 06:22:18 AM »

I think?

Need a Gold one to compare, then you could try and catch it. :huepfenlol2:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Page created in 0.31 seconds with 24 queries.