Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Motorcyclists killed in SJ Area  (Read 2450 times)

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
Motorcyclists killed in SJ Area
« on: September 24, 2010, 02:41:16 PM »

A 63-year-old motorcyclist was killed in a crash in San Jose Thursday morning, police said. The crash occurred around 8:20 a.m. on northbound Almaden Expressway and Branham Lane, Officer Jose Garcia said. The motorcyclist was riding a Harley Davidson behind a white pickup truck in the No. 3 lane just before the crash happened, Garcia said. As the truck slowed down and started to turn right into the parking lot of a business, the motorcyclist swerved to the right of the truck, lost control and drove through a wooden fence and into a curb, Garcia said. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The driver of the truck, a 47-year-old San Jose man, was not cited and did not appear to be under the influence of alcohol, Garcia said. He was not injured in the crash.
=======================================================

A 27-year-old motorcyclist from Boulder Creek was killed after colliding with a car in Campbell Monday afternoon, police said Thursday. The crash occurred at about 12:15 p.m. in the intersection of Virginia and Rincon avenues. Witnesses told police that as both the motorcycle and car were traveling north on Virginia Avenue, the motorcyclist attempted to pass on the left side as the car was turning left onto Rincon Avenue, according to police. He was ejected from the motorcycle and was pronounced dead at the scene, police said. The Santa Clara County medical examiner's office identified him as Brandon Lushbough of Boulder Creek.

The driver of the car was transported to a hospital after complaining of pain and was released on the same day. Police are investigating the possibility that Lushbough, who was speeding according to witnesses, was racing with another motorcyclist. Officers interviewed the other motorcyclist but did not arrest him.
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: Motorcyclists killed in SJ Area
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 07:08:09 PM »

Have to put blame where it belongs! Not always the cage drivers fault.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Re: Motorcyclists killed in SJ Area
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 11:12:50 PM »

Have to put blame where it belongs! Not always the cage drivers fault.
X2  That is why I never ride when my mind is in another area, it causes loss of life.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Page created in 0.258 seconds with 24 queries.