Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Has Anyone moved from SERK to 2009 to 2010 Street Glide ?  (Read 7576 times)

Two Wheels

• Junior CVO Member
Has Anyone moved from SERK to 2009 to 2010 Street Glide ?
« on: March 19, 2010, 11:00:12 PM »

Gents:

Thinking about moveing from 2007 Black Ice SERK, which I love, to 2009 or 2010 two tone "regular" Street Glide.  Has anyone made a similary move ?     Just wanted to ask anybody's two cents on the matter.   

Pros, cons sort of thing.

Any input would be appreciated.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
Re: Has Anyone moved from SERK to 2009 to 2010 Street Glide ?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 11:17:36 PM »

Gents:

Thinking about moveing from 2007 Black Ice SERK, which I love, to 2009 or 2010 two tone "regular" Street Glide.  Has anyone made a similary move ?     Just wanted to ask anybody's two cents on the matter.   

I went from a 07 SG to a 08 SERK. One of my better moves! The Road King is much more nimble IMO.

JW

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 03:36:21 PM »

I was seriously considering going from my '07 SERK to an '09 SG (since I've basically turned my RK into a SG), but after riding one I couldn't do it - world of difference in feel.
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 10:50:18 AM »

"I went from a 07 SG to a 08 SERK. One of my better moves! The Road King is much more nimble IMO"

I did the exact same thing and agree 100%.  I loved my SG but upon reflection it was primarilly for the stereo. If it was me, I would keep the SERK and install one of the many detachable Batwings out there and have the best of both worlds. They even have some that use the stock HD radio controls which you can add to your bars.   JMHO

FUNGOUL

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 06:32:26 PM »

2007 SERK to a 2010 SERG  jury is still out

CVOfan

• 2012 FLHXSE3
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
    • CVO2: 2012 GMC Denali Duramax HD
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 06:23:03 PM »

I had the 08 SERK...later bought a 2010 SESG...if you've put the fairing on the SERK, you have the better bike.  My Road King handled much better...only thing I didn't like was not having the fairing to help reduce the wind.  If I were you, I would keep it...

V&H High Output headers
Fullsac 2" inserts

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2010, 07:36:52 AM »

I had my 07 SERK sold so i could buy a 2010 SESG, But after test riding the SESG, There ain't no way, I decided to keep my Little Red Scooter  :2vrolijk_21:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 07:51:56 AM »

I had my 07 SERK sold so i could buy a 2010 SESG, But after test riding the SESG, There ain't no way, I decided to keep my Little Red Scooter  :2vrolijk_21:
I find this very interesting, I went from a Heritage to a SESG and found the handling and ride quite different (night and day) SG wins hands down. I can't imagine a Harley that is better than the SG. How is the RK better?
 :nixweiss:
Hawg

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 11:32:13 AM »

I find this very interesting, I went from a Heritage to a SESG and found the handling and ride quite different (night and day) SG wins hands down. I can't imagine a Harley that is better than the SG. How is the RK better?

I find the my 08 SERK to be the best platform I've ever ridden. The SERK 3/4 is more responsive to handlebar imput than the SESG. The bikes weight is lower which makes handling better. The 09 > scooters are set up too tall for me. Of course this is all very subjective!  ;)

JW

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 08:11:12 AM »

Wait a minute, Before you get me in trouble on here, I not saying the SERK is better than the SESG, I'm just saying that after riding the SG i didn't think is was worth spending the money on a new bike. I did not get to ride the SG that far so that could have been a lot of it and not use to having a fairing in front of me could have been a lot of it as well. A lot of my riding is two up and was riding it by my self, and as everyone knows that makes a bike feel different, Even my SERK feels different when riding one up. If they bring back the SESG in 2011 i'm sure i will look at them again.

Ride Safe
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 09:01:24 AM »

Wait a minute, Before you get me in trouble on here, I not saying the SERK is better than the SESG, I'm just saying that after riding the SG i didn't think is was worth spending the money on a new bike. I did not get to ride the SG that far so that could have been a lot of it and not use to having a fairing in front of me could have been a lot of it as well. A lot of my riding is two up and was riding it by my self, and as everyone knows that makes a bike feel different, Even my SERK feels different when riding one up. If they bring back the SESG in 2011 i'm sure i will look at them again.

Ride Safe
If you've never ridden with a fairing, the first time doing so can be a little disconcerting as you don't feel like you have the view of the road like you did without the fairing.  Also, a handlebar mounted fairing does, for obvious reasons, make the steering feel a little heavier.  (there's a lot of stuff mounted on those bars).  I had a similar issue when I first went from a frame mounted fairing to the batwing handlebar mounted.  A noticeable difference at first.  Now that I've had four bat wing fairinged bikes, I won't ever go anywhere else.  I'm very accustomed to the handling now and like the protection that the fairing offers and also the classic "Harley Bagger" look.  :2vrolijk_21:  My nephew just traded in his 03 RK for a 10 Street Glide and loves it.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 10:02:40 PM »

Ride Safe
No worries, everybody has different tastes.  :2vrolijk_21: 
Hawg

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 10:33:39 PM »

I am contemplating the move from a SERK to a SESG.  I pretty much have myself convinced its not worth the $$$ to make the move.  As for the original question, "Thinking about moveing from 2007 Black Ice SERK, which I love, to 2009 or 2010 two tone "regular" Street Glide." that's a whole different story.

First, moving from the old to new frame is probably a step up, however from what I've read here the old frame can be made to handle as well as the new one for a couple thousand bucks.  Since I have never received bad advice on this forum I have no reason to dispute that. I went from a 2002 SERK to a "regular" street glide in 2008.  It was a a noticablely better handling and riding bike I thought.  I think that can be attributed to the cushioned rear pully and additional motor mounting positions of the 2008.  Plus, the 2002 had about 35,000 rough miles on it, so it needed some love.  The long and the short of this rant is, it's probably not worth what you are giving up for what you're gaining.

With that being said, moving to the non-cvo bike leaves a bunch of cool stuff on the table.  Take a good look around your bike and then look at the new one and you will see dozens of attention to detail items that you're walking away from that would cost thousands to make up.  Plus, if you look around and do much riding, at least around my neck of the woods; EVERYONE has a Street Glide.  You're fairly rare, and relatively unique bike becomes the same thing everyone else has......... BORING!!! (no flame intended to Street Glide owners.  They're very sharp or everyone wouldn't have one)

Another thing that most people don't realize is unless you either 1.) leave your street glide relatively stock, or 2.) pay for additional accessory insurance coverage; if you have a wreck all that extra chrome goody on the street glide is just up in smoke.  The cvo gets it put right back on, since that's how it came from factory.

The way I see it, once a CVO guy, always a CVO guy.  I found this out first hand, my "regular" street glide had to go in short order and I was much happier to be back on a cvo. So, this fool's opinion is........ stick with the CVO.
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 11:06:29 PM »

Might ask DRTYK9. Rich rode a 07 SERK better than anyone I've ever seen. He has a SESG now. I would seek his input.

JW

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 02:23:03 AM »

it's a very personal decision. Depends on what's important for you.

I loved my RK 103, old fashioned, purist, almost no plastics, just leather, steel and chrome (or at least the looks of  ;D)

When I bought the FLHTCUSE it wasn't really my decision, the RK broke in mid-season and only the FLHTCUSE was immediately availiable so I took her in june last year.

But after 15.000 m I'm happy with it. As to riding and just riding the Ultra 09 is by far superior, you can ride hours and hours above 100 mph without fatigue, a little splash once in a while you just don't realise and you easily carry almost twice the luggage neatly closed away.

With the new frame you are definitely much faster around corners, virtually none of the older bikes will be able to keep up with you, no matter how strong and well-ridden they may be, each and every corner they loose ground.

No sir, I will not got back to a RK, I may consider a Dyna as a second ride for the short trip to the next ice cream parlour - but I will not go on the long rides with anything else than an Ultra any more. And with tour-pack detached and solo-saddle mounted she even feels almost as nimble as the RK used to  ;)
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 08:52:32 AM »

I must have missed something, Thought this post was about comparing SERK and SESG's Not Ultra's :confused5: :nixweiss:
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 10:11:10 AM »

the Ultra is mainly a Streetglide with tourpack and lowers.

As you may have noticed many Streetglides get their tourpacks and lowers very soon - as soon as many Ultras loose theirs   ::)

Mine did even before delivery ;)
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member
  • FKA: Rich07

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: '07 SERK (retired)
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 10:42:42 AM »

Might ask DRTYK9. Rich rode a 07 SERK better than anyone I've ever seen. He has a SESG now. I would seek his input.

JW

Thanks Jeff.  I have 4,000 miles on my SESG and I have pushed it hard in corners.  Compared to the Road King, the Road King is a much better handling bike in hard turns.  The bike chosen by anyone should be dependent on your riding style and what you like.  When riding normal through soft sweeping turns and straights I prefer the SESG because of the radio.  At high speed and hell riding through twisty roads the Road King will always handle better. 

The additional weight on the front end of the SESG compared to the '07 SERK makes a huge difference but only is noticed when pushing the bike hard in turns.  If you don’t ride hard in turns the extra weight should not be an issue.

Rich

rlavigna

• Elite CVO Member
  • FKA: Rich07

• CVO1: '10 SESG Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: '07 SERK (retired)
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 10:54:36 AM »

Additional note:

I had an '07 SERK and I put 39k miles on it.  Loved the way it ran and the way it handled (aside from the leaks and tire issues).  I plan to buy another Road King in the future.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 11:36:55 PM by DRTYK9 »

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 09:28:40 PM »

Thanks Jeff.  I have 4,000 miles on my SESG and I have pushed it hard in corners.  Compared to the Road King, the Road King is a much better handling bike in hard turns.  The bike chosen by anyone should be dependent on your riding style and what you like.  When riding normal through soft sweeping turns and straights I prefer the SESG because of the radio.  At high speed and hell riding through twisty roads the Road King will always handle better. 

The additional weight on the front end of the SESG compared to the '07 SERK makes a huge difference but only is noticed when pushing the bike hard in turns.  If you don’t ride hard in turns the extra weight should not be an issue.

Rich

:2vrolijk_21:

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2010, 08:24:50 AM »

Rich

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2010, 08:26:45 AM »

Additional note:

I had an '07 SERK and I put 39k miles on it.  Loved the way it ran and the way it handled (aside from the leaks and tire issues).  I plan to buy another Road King in the future.

If they would come out with another SERK in 2011, I would also buy another  :orange: :orange:
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

fatboybern

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 02:26:35 PM »

For me personally would never trade my king for a sg I'm to young and ride without windshield still on the long hauls just clip her on and yes the road king is twice as nimble as for the other fellow comparing a heritage to sg no comparison it's a softail not a swing arm a king has a swing arm as does the sg when I turn older and a little more brittle I might consider a sg although I don't now if that will be any time soon

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 03:32:23 PM »

Gents:

I traded my 2007 FLHRSE for a 2009 FLTRSE in 2009. Was not too happy with the 2007 due to the 5 motors. However, the Motor Company stepped up along with a local dealer and I was extremely happy with the $27,900.00 I received for the 2007 FLHRSE with 35000 miles on it and the discounted price on the 2009 FLTRSE $29,000.00. If you like a bike with a fork mounted fairing you will like the Street Glide, whether you will like the power will be your decision.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2011, 07:50:53 PM »

Fork Mounted Faring is on a Road Glide not Street Glide
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Black and Gray 08
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2011, 11:48:25 PM »

Everyone brings up excellent points for both bikes. I told myself if HD made the SERSG or keep the SERK one more yr I would go for it. Well they made the SERK instead..So I went for it with no regrets.  I've never looked at another bike thinking thats bad a***** and how can I make my look like that. When you are at that point you are G to G.

I think it really boils down to what you are willing to pay for bring your bike back to custom. Having the same bike as everyone else and how it rides. I bought a FLHRSE08 and put 25,000miles on it the first year and half I bought it. The bike is awesome and only spent a fraction on customizing it. Now in my neck of the woods I have only seen one other bike like mine in 3yrs I've been here. The down side is finding a mechanic I trust to work on it...

What ever you choose, have fun and always be safe...
Life time member VFW 7450 San Diego! Love your freedom, Thank a Vet!

Rooster452

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 SERK
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 09:24:50 PM »

Nope.......

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2011, 11:32:18 PM »

I haven't moved away from the King for the Street Glide. I'm fortunate enough to have both. 

I have approx 40000 miles on the SERKs / just under 5000 on the SESG

SERK: better handling in high speed twisties (even with the new frame), more nimble, easier to clean, Progressive Monotubes work very well on this scooter, "feels" like your on a motorcycle - no fairing

SESG positives: better protection in bad weather (rain, snow, cold) with fairing and lowers, radio, cuts thru the wind a little better than a SERK w/windshield

It really depends on if you like to ride to your limits while still on a bagger or are willing to sacrifice a little for more protection and sounds. If I could only keep one, it would be my SERK4. (and God knows she's been a PIA) Since I can have both, I do. FWIW.

JW

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2011, 11:57:18 PM »

Fork Mounted Faring is on a Road Glide not Street Glide

I disagree 100%
Does the Street Glide fairing move with the turn of the wheel?
The answer is yes.
Therefore the StreetGlide fairing is fork mounted.
The RoadGlide has a frame mounted fairing, thus, the fairing does not move when the wheel is turned.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2011, 04:36:43 PM »

I disagree 100%
Does the Street Glide fairing move with the turn of the wheel?
The answer is yes.
Therefore the StreetGlide fairing is fork mounted.
The RoadGlide has a frame mounted fairing, thus, the fairing does not move when the wheel is turned.

Yep, My bad i misread the post, Road Glide has frame mounted, Street Glide has fork mounted faring. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

daleg3556

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2011, 10:12:44 AM »

I thought about starting a new thread, but decided it would be appropriate to add on to this one.  I have a 2007 SERK.  Recently turned over 25,000 miles on trip to Sturgis.  Have a Dragonfly fairing, Corbin seat and a couple other things.   Bike has been great.  Never left me stranded or leaked any fluids.  I've done 2 1500 mile Iron butts on the bike and 2 trips from SC to Sturgis.  I really love the bike.  I really can't afford the approx. $15k it would take me to trade up to a new SESG.  I figure I could get into a new 11 or 12 regular Street Glide for around $5k. Now that they have the 103 engine there probably isn't that much difference from the 110?  My big reason for considering this is the miles on my SERK.  I worry about a major mechanical problem.  My extended warranty just ran out.  This is also my long distince riding bike and worry about a breakdown far from home.  Any thoughts? :nixweiss:

2007 SERK
2008 FXDC 105th S/N 0001/2000
2009 Indian Chief Roadmaster
IBA #47074

I'm working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect...Doug Sanders

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2011, 03:47:14 PM »

That's not a lot of miles if well maintained. The wife had 34k on her SERK when traded it in 2008. If you really like the bike keep it. You can a lot of traits for 5-15K.

:bananarock:  :bananarock:

Brad

I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

FreestateSE3

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2012 FLSTSE Convertible
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2011, 03:21:25 PM »

I thought about starting a new thread, but decided it would be appropriate to add on to this one.  I have a 2007 SERK.  Recently turned over 25,000 miles on trip to Sturgis.  Have a Dragonfly fairing, Corbin seat and a couple other things.   Bike has been great.  Never left me stranded or leaked any fluids.  I've done 2 1500 mile Iron butts on the bike and 2 trips from SC to Sturgis.  I really love the bike.  I really can't afford the approx. $15k it would take me to trade up to a new SESG.  I figure I could get into a new 11 or 12 regular Street Glide for around $5k. Now that they have the 103 engine there probably isn't that much difference from the 110?  My big reason for considering this is the miles on my SERK.  I worry about a major mechanical problem.  My extended warranty just ran out.  This is also my long distince riding bike and worry about a breakdown far from home.  Any thoughts? :nixweiss:

Just fyi...my 07 will turn 65K next week, and runs great.  Didn't miss a beat on the trip to Sturgis and back.
Don
Rolling Thunder, Inc.
Virginia Chapter 1
"Never Again"

daleg3556

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2011, 03:43:22 PM »

Just fyi...my 07 will turn 65K next week, and runs great.  Didn't miss a beat on the trip to Sturgis and back.
I appreciate the comments from you guys.  I guess part of me feels if I have what has been a problem free bike I should stick with it. It seems like some of the problem prone bikes had trouble right off the bat.  I could buy a new one and end up with a lemon and really kick myself.  At this point I am planning on sticking with the SERK.  I am thinking about looking for a set of used saddle bags off an electra glide to have painted to match the bike. :huepfenjump3:

2007 SERK
IBA #47074

I'm working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect...Doug Sanders

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• Harley Café Dresden
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2011, 10:04:30 AM »

all engine trouble I ever had (I used up 4 engines on my last FLHRCI) used to occur between 10 to 20.000 m. If your's is over 25.000 m I would suppose it's a survivor  ;)
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

dereck

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHXSE2.ORG

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Black Diamond
    • CVO2: sold FLHRSE3 Black Ice
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2011, 10:51:13 AM »

I went from a 2007 SE Road King to a 2011 SG.  Summary of changes: 2008 switched from 5-gallon to 6-gallon tank, 2009 all the frame mods, and as you pointed out 103s on stock SGs.  I think that would be a great move.

vrog

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2011, 11:23:02 AM »

I went from a 08 serk to a 11 regular street glide. I can tell you from my experience that what i miss the most is the 110". This thing is a turd compared to my old 110". But then again i didnt buy the street glide to just replace the serk. i set out to do an all out custom build. For me, I feel the new bikes handle way better.

daleg3556

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2012, 01:32:58 PM »

Well I did it.  Traded my 07 SERK on a new 12 SG in Big Blue Pearl with Security, ABS and Cruise.  The Big Blue Pearl is stunning in the sun! Dealer gave me 18k in trade so only 4k out of pocket.  Had 26,700 miles on SERK. That was better than I expected so right now I am a happy camper. :apple:

2007 SERK
IBA #47074

roly4

• Full CVO Member
  • What?

• CVO1: 2008 SERK - Duracell #0217 *SOLD
    • CVO2: 2012 SERG - Skunk
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2012, 04:58:55 PM »

Well I did it.  Traded my 07 SERK on a new 12 SG in Big Blue Pearl with Security, ABS and Cruise.  The Big Blue Pearl is stunning in the sun! Dealer gave me 18k in trade so only 4k out of pocket.  Had 26,700 miles on SERK. That was better than I expected so right now I am a happy camper. :apple:

Any regrets yet???

daleg3556

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2012, 10:12:49 AM »

Any regrets yet???

None at all.  I really love the SG.  With the SERK I had to plan gas stops at 130 to 150 miles.  Now 200+ is no problem.  I have left the EFI pipes etc. stock.  Only mods are for visibility and comfort.  I have some high frequency hearing loss, so trying to avoid unnecessary noise.  Also added a Klock Werks 10.5 in. windshield.  On the 28th I am riding a Saddlesore 1000 Iron Butt ride which will be the real test.  I did 2 Bunburner 1500's on the SERK.  

2007 SERK
IBA #47074

roly4

• Full CVO Member
  • What?

• CVO1: 2008 SERK - Duracell #0217 *SOLD
    • CVO2: 2012 SERG - Skunk
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2012, 04:13:58 PM »

Thanks Dale, Looks good I like the BBPearl as well. Went to trade yesterday for a SG at HarleyHaven, wouldn’t you know my engine light came on on my SERK on the way over there. Turns out the cruise control switch took a crap. Arrrrrrrggg. So I got there and the one I was looking at was sold an hour before I got there. Oh Well!

Know anyone wanting a 2008 Duracell SERK send them my way!

Hope to see ya around Cola someday.

Glenn

daleg3556

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2012, 09:32:16 AM »

Thanks Dale, Looks good I like the BBPearl as well. Went to trade yesterday for a SG at HarleyHaven, wouldn’t you know my engine light came on on my SERK on the way over there. Turns out the cruise control switch took a crap. Arrrrrrrggg. So I got there and the one I was looking at was sold an hour before I got there. Oh Well!

Know anyone wanting a 2008 Duracell SERK send them my way!

Hope to see ya around Cola someday.

Glenn
Did you check Thunder Tower?  Call Augusta and Savannah.  Hope u are able to get the SG.  I will be riding through Cola next Saturday at about 4:00 AM.  A friend and myself are riding a saddlesore 1000 to raise money for Edgefield County Relay For Life.  We are riding from Edgefield-Florence-Jacksonville, Fl-Tallahassee-Atlanta-Edgefield.  Plan to finish at the relay between 9-10 PM.  Dale

2007 SERK
IBA #47074

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.295 seconds with 25 queries.