Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Author Topic: Backrest for 2015 solo seat  (Read 42810 times)

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

Re: Backrest for 2015 solo seat
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2015, 09:26:25 AM »

Want to give my props to Lonnie.  Sent the new version and all is great.  Awesome product and as others stated hard to beat.
Shame that he doesn't replace those of us that got stuck with the flimsy bend over backward units they sold! Useless.
RETIRED! :fireman:

15CVOSG

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO FLHXSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO FLHXSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2011 CVO FLHXSE2 (SOLD)
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2015, 11:26:23 AM »

Shame that he doesn't replace those of us that got stuck with the flimsy bend over backward units they sold! Useless.

l'm sure if you did call Lonnie,... he would do just that .... worth a call...

15CVOSG

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

Re: driver backrest
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2015, 11:40:29 PM »

info@badboyzrideforlife.com

this is a backrest made to work with stock cvo solo seats...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:44:38 PM by 15CVOSG »

15CVOSG

• Elite CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2015, 11:47:20 PM »

there is a backrest made to work with stock cvo solo seats...

fredfoot

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2015 Street Glide CVO
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2015, 04:43:06 AM »

I started a topic on this a while back . I'll bring it back up.

fredfoot

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: 2015 Street Glide CVO
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2015, 04:44:22 AM »

;D

kalikali

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2015, 12:15:02 AM »

Bump, any other options besides Grasshoper for the backrest?
How much was the CVO pad? Part #?

edit: Found the part # 52300361.

I guess my question is how bad is the back rest that comes with the Grasshopper? Is it worth the $140 upgrade for the CVO pad?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 12:21:11 AM by kalikali »

tervonenllc

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2015, 11:28:29 AM »

comfortwise its not bad at all. but the looks... well. as they say, some like the daughter, some the mother and some even the father and so on...

Bump, any other options besides Grasshoper for the backrest?
How much was the CVO pad? Part #?

edit: Found the part # 52300361.

I guess my question is how bad is the back rest that comes with the Grasshopper? Is it worth the $140 upgrade for the CVO pad?

68 XLCH

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2015, 10:34:33 PM »

Broadtracker/Kutter harley parts on line: CVO passenger pad 104 dollars.

Grass Hopper, 60 without the pad.

I put the backrest on with the passenger pillion and i really like the look.

I road 100 miles today with the backrest and seat felt comfortable.  I can not see having to ever change either one, love the look.

Thanks to all who started this quest for a backrest and hung in there to coordinate with grass hopper to get it done.

I probably ride no more than 150  miles or so a day and the seat and backrest work very well.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 08:40:17 PM by 68 XLCH »
2015 CVO Street Glide Hard Candy Merc/Smoky Qtz Flames, Stage 1, Fulsac pipes, V&H 450's, Passing Lights, CD front turn Signals.

Retired Army and State Police

kalikali

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2015, 11:50:33 PM »

Well I ordered the backrest with very high intentions and was very disappointed. Product did not fit well at all, you cant tighten the latch for the back rest. In fact in the directions it says to use electric tape to make it fit.  I installed it on my bike and it flexed a good 3+ inches when I leaned on it. I had high hopes for this product and really need a good back rest for my CVO , but it does absolutely nothing for support. 

Im suprised so many fellow CVO owners rave about the product, did absolutely nothing for me.

Maybe I had a defective unit and they will come out with an upgrade, stock seat provides a little back support which I will do with until something better comes along.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 12:13:20 AM by kalikali »

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2015, 09:07:12 AM »

been watching the progress on this product since the first post. seems there are still some issues! is this the only option available? corbin offers backrest with seat (theirs),but i like the look of the stock seat. maybe, in time this backrest will evolve into a good product. any news on current updates appreciated. :2vrolijk_21:

68 XLCH

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2015, 09:13:23 AM »

Well I ordered the backrest with very high intentions and was very disappointed. Product did not fit well at all, you cant tighten the latch for the back rest. In fact in the directions it says to use electric tape to make it fit.  I installed it on my bike and it flexed a good 3+ inches when I leaned on it. I had high hopes for this product and really need a good back rest for my CVO , but it does absolutely nothing for support. 

Im suprised so many fellow CVO owners rave about the product, did absolutely nothing for me.

Maybe I had a defective unit and they will come out with an upgrade, stock seat provides a little back support which I will do with until something better comes along.

Sorry to hear your results. 

Did you get the frame from Grass Hopper?  I know there was another source wanting exclusive rights to market this and while he replaced some of the original frames that were made of lighter material, these did not provide support, he may have sent you one of the originals.

Also the section that does attach the backrest does slide in and i did put one thickness/wrap of a black plastic tape around that surface and there is still slight movement but it doesn't affect the support or security etc.

Read some of the early posts about the first weaker frames that were mostly replaced.

The other option would be to change the seat with one that has a backrest, but first i would insure he sent you the correct, improved frame. If not contact your vendor.

Grass Hopper, frame 60 dollars, broadtracker/kutter HD, HD passenger backrest 104 dollars, the new frame, because i asked Grass Hopper is made of thicker Stainless Steel and then painted black, mine is sturdy.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 09:18:53 AM by 68 XLCH »
2015 CVO Street Glide Hard Candy Merc/Smoky Qtz Flames, Stage 1, Fulsac pipes, V&H 450's, Passing Lights, CD front turn Signals.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2015, 08:08:21 PM »

Yep my backrest flexes too, doesn't offer the support it should, I bought mine in July so this should have been the latest improved and stronger mark 3 Version!
Now I know the steel was supposed to be a thicker gauge on the latest ones ,

can anyone tell me what thickness bar there's is , so I can check mine is not a thinner gauge, :2vrolijk_21:

Me thinks if grasshopper made a shed load of the original versions with thinner steel construction, grashopper isn't then  going to bin them and lose money!,  I think they shipped them all out anyway and just wait till people complain (if they do!) then swap them if you shout loud enough!

Ride free brothers!

kalikali

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2015, 08:24:21 PM »

I dealt direct with Grasshopper, Im out $15 to ship the item back and time wasted. I was pretty pissed off about it.
If the company states in its direction to use tape to make the product fit, should be a sign (read #5). I would had to have use a good 1/4 of tape to make it fit, if was that much off.

68 XLCH

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2015, 10:48:13 PM »

I agree that there may still be some of the first batch out there but, since you dealt with grass hopper directly i would think they would send you the improved frame.  One thing we haven't discussed is that i am 155 lbs and while it should be made for a 250 lb rider,  who knows.

I will tell you that i pushed back on the backrest and it doesn't give much at all.

I didn't get a tracking number or instructions, but it did show up 3 days after ordering it.

I measured the thickness of the portion of frame that is straight up to the back pad, appears to be only a little more than an 1/8 of an inch.

When i talked to grass hopper, they said they changed the material to stainless steel, so it may have to do more with the material than the thickness.

While on the bike i again pushed back and it feels like it only goes back about a half inch.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 24 queries.