Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My buying expierence sucked but i love the CVO  (Read 3519 times)

phukoph

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

My buying expierence sucked but i love the CVO
« on: July 01, 2015, 11:36:06 PM »

I bet I found this CVO at 12 different dealers before I finally found a dealer that would sell me this bike for the MSRP of 36,349.00 plus 435 shipping 000 set up fee. Asking 5-10k over sticker is pure greed (with a degree in business I fully understand supply and demand) . This happens at car dealers too, but,.. at Ford dealers when they decide to overprice a Shelby or Roush and a zone rep. reports it Ford removes it from the dealers floor plan and requires them to pay for the car within 5 days. I would love to see this take place for some of these Harley dealers. Hey don't get me wrong, I get it , I have spent my share of money on 60$ t-shirts that are made in china at these dealers. Its just the way it is, but when is enough enough? If you were one of these guys that spent 45k or more on just the bike without getting extras then I feel for ya. If you like your ride now and see a 2016 in a different color you are very screwed. Not only are you trading a bike that had a sticker of 36,349.00 and is worth less than that now (because its used) but the dealer is not going to add 5-10k to your trade just because that's what you paid for it. I have even found dealers out there that do not use the MSRP tags that Harley provides because they want to mark them up their way. Harley marks every bike up pretty well as they do not want any of their dealers to fail so the extra mark up is pure greed. Ok... im done bitching.. gonna go clean this thing and ride the chit out of it!!

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
Re: My buying expierence sucked but i love the CVO
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 11:42:46 PM »

Welcome to the site from SoCal, and welcome to the love/hate relationship many of us have with Harley.

Ride safe!

phukoph

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 11:50:33 PM »

Thanks, and yes it is a love hate..haha.. but I get it naturally.. my dad (70) has a 2015 SERG that he already has 10k miles on it.. so I should have plenty of thing to complain about as I rack up the miles and look forward to any shortcuts to get it fixed. Keep the shiny side up yourself.. Rick out

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 06:06:32 AM »

Welcome to the site from Maine phukoph! Beautiful bike...

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 06:26:35 AM »

Sweet Bike !!!! Good Luck with the New Ride !!!
DND

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 06:46:47 AM »

Welcome from another Buckeye. Gotta laugh at the screen name though.  :huepfenlol2:
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 08:42:56 AM »

I bet I found this CVO at 12 different dealers before I finally found a dealer that would sell me this bike for the MSRP of 36,349.00 plus 435 shipping 000 set up fee. Asking 5-10k over sticker is pure greed (with a degree in business I fully understand supply and demand) . This happens at car dealers too, but,.. at Ford dealers when they decide to overprice a Shelby or Roush and a zone rep. reports it Ford removes it from the dealers floor plan and requires them to pay for the car within 5 days. I would love to see this take place for some of these Harley dealers. Hey don't get me wrong, I get it , I have spent my share of money on 60$ t-shirts that are made in china at these dealers. Its just the way it is, but when is enough enough? If you were one of these guys that spent 45k or more on just the bike without getting extras then I feel for ya. If you like your ride now and see a 2016 in a different color you are very screwed. Not only are you trading a bike that had a sticker of 36,349.00 and is worth less than that now (because its used) but the dealer is not going to add 5-10k to your trade just because that's what you paid for it. I have even found dealers out there that do not use the MSRP tags that Harley provides because they want to mark them up their way. Harley marks every bike up pretty well as they do not want any of their dealers to fail so the extra mark up is pure greed. Ok... im done bitching.. gonna go clean this thing and ride the chit out of it!!

;D   Welcome.  I see we have another member who understands the program.

You're absolutely correct, and I've been preaching the same gospel for years.  What I really love are the dim bulbs who pay $5k or $10k over MSRP and then try to sell the bike on ebay or Craigslist or other sites for what they paid for it or even more.  Or they come on sites like this one and cry about how little the dealer offered them in trade for the next "gotta have it" new model.  I have no sympathy for people who have so little self control that they allow themselves to be shafted like that.  With a rare car people might get away with it I suppose, but there is nothing custom or rare about a CVO these days.  Harley cranks them out by the thousands, and some models actually sit in dealer showrooms for extended periods of time waiting for someone to buy them.  I've even seen CVO's discounted below MSRP in the recent past.  Not every region of the country has people lining up to pay $40k for a motorcycle.

A Harley dealer grosses at least $7k on that $36k MSRP bike, before any dealer incentives from Harley, add-ons, financing & ESP commissions, etc.  IMHO that is more than sufficient. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 09:06:48 PM »

Welcome and congrats on your new ride! Yes, the hot bike at the moment price at some dealers is ridiculous. Sounds like your buying experience went well after you found the right dealer.  8)

Enjoy!  :drink:

cvo1717

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2013 CVO BREAKOUT BLACK SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 CVO FATBOB BLACK DENIM HELLFIRE FLAMES TRADED IN
    • CVO3: 2020 CVO street glide
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 10:22:01 AM »

good luck nice paint scheme
Mike
2013 CVO BREAKOUT 117 KIT
ROSAS HEADS WOODS TW 8-6 CAM
RB RACING 2 INTO 1 PROSTOCK CHALLENGE PIPE
130 HP  134 TQ STD
126 hp   131 TQ SAE

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2015, 12:02:38 PM »

I agree about dealers going over sticker on CVO's (or on ANY vehicle for that matter).  Mine jacks their prices by $3k per, so when the haggling was done on my trade and we sat down to really talk turkey, I cornered them on the premium and then said the only way I'd buy the bike was for them to give me an additional $3k on my trade.  They were already offering me what I thought was a really nice trade value.  In the end, they agreed to my request, so in effect we got the price back down to retail.  My wife and I were happy with the whole process and I walked away with the bike of my dreams.  The dealer has turned out (so far) to treat us really "awesomely" and all folks at their end seemed like great people, so I feel like it was a win-win situation, something I know that can be rare nowadays.  I just hope it stays that way now that they have my money.
What's done is done...Go ride that thing and enjoy it! 
And congratulations!
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2015, 12:27:40 PM »

I had the sa,e kind of experience.  I found an unspoken for HC Mercury and a dealer close to me.  I told them I'll be right there....we BS'd then I said how much...out the door.  He went in his office...came out with the sales manager...and he had a rolls up piece of paper. He showed it to me like it was a secret.  I looked, and it was just over $46,000.  I asked him if this was a joke....$10k over sticker!  I told him to stick it!  I ended up getting mine at MSRP and $250 (I think) set up fee.  The sad thing is there is someone that paid that rediculous price! 

My advice....look around, don't jump at the first deal.  You will get what you want with persistence!

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2015, 02:27:10 PM »

I said how much...out the door.  He went in his office...came out with the sales manager...and he had a rolls up piece of paper. He showed it to me like it was a secret.  I looked, and it was just over $46,000.

you did ask for out the door, so that figure would have included, tt&l, and fees.  plus they probably tacked on the longest, most expensive esp, and there vip prepaid maintenance plan, and maybe even something more.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 09:41:42 PM »

Nope...it was $46,369, which is $10,000 over MSRP.  I don't pay over MSRP for anything!

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 24 queries.