Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Paint Issues on 2015 FLHXSE  (Read 14185 times)

CVOhog1

• Junior CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon/Blk Diamond/Burgandy Blaze
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHXSE Candy Cobalt/Indigo ink
Paint Issues on 2015 FLHXSE
« on: October 14, 2014, 12:55:40 PM »

Has anyone experienced paint issues on their new CVOSG. I have a UV Blue/Molten Lava with the following issues; Clear coat buildup and peeling on the edge of the right lower fairing, Clear coat peeling off the top inside edge of the saddlebag lowers, looks like clear coat stuck to the lid seals, right side saddlebag was painted black on the inside to cover silver over spray. Also the gas tank looks like orange peel when out of the sun. All parts except tank are due to be replaced under warranty. Still working on the tank issue. 
V&H Power Dual Header
V&H High Output Slip On Mufflers
PV 2

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
Re: Paint Issues on 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 01:32:28 PM »

:vrolijk27: :vrolijk27: :vrolijk27: :zwtf: :zwtf: :zwtf: :zwtf:

That sure seems like a lot of paint issue's!   I think I would be a little upset  :-\
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

CVOhog1

• Junior CVO Member
    • NY

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 01:53:58 PM »

I am a lot upset. The dealer has been good so far with getting the parts replaced, still on order of course. My big question is how does this chit pass QC. There are QC stickers all over the inside of the side covers and fenders with dates and initials, the inspectors must be blind or just told to get the stuff out and let the customers address the issues if they choose to. Just curious as to how prevalent these paint issues are on the new SG's. I also looked at a Candy Chrome and Black prior to buying mine and could not believe the silver over spray on the inside of one of the saddlebag lids. Someone's dropping the ball on these $36,000 + machines Harley touts as being their premier pieces. 
V&H Power Dual Header
PV 2

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 02:56:05 PM »

What a shame, I'll be giving mine a good once over before I take delivery of it. Please keep us posted. Which dealer are you using for the replacement parts, curious as to what they said about it.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:00:14 PM by East Coast »

wildmannnn

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 03:04:22 PM »

Sorry to hear bout your paint issues.. I have same color .. fortunately so far so good but only have 509 miles on her.. On another note regarding your performance up grade.. Im planning to do the same headers and pipes with the fuelpak 3. Did you notice a difference in performance ?? and would you do anything different??

CVOhog1

• Junior CVO Member
    • NY

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 03:15:20 PM »

I have had the V&H Power Dual Header and High Output mufflers on three different bikes tuned with a TTS mastertune. They all had great performance including my current bike. The only issue I have is with the decel pop on the new CVOSG. I would recommend them for sure. I cannot comment on the fuelpak as I have never used one. I would steer clear of any inline type tuner. I would go with a TTS or SERT. 
V&H Power Dual Header
PV 2

wildmannnn

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NM

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 03:41:42 PM »

Thx CVOHOG.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 08:55:49 PM »

I found paint issues on the tank of my '11 SESG when I went to pick it up. Fortunately they had another one of the same color in stock so they just redid the paperwork with another VIN and I got that bike. Going over it very carefully is a must since the QC from the MoCo is fair to horrible at best.

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 07:04:21 AM »

I posted this in another thread. I too have had a number of paint issues on my 2015 SESG (UltraViolet).  1) Top of the saddlebag shows a spot of silver coming thru, like a dot. 2) Fairing lower also shows silver coming through where there should be orange. 3) inner fairing has a dull spot near the mirror where the outer and inner come together.  All 3 issues are under the clear coat.  The dealer is taking care of all of them under warranty and my dealer did catch all of them prior to delivery. 

mitch.smith

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide Drk Slate and Blk Diamond
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 10:12:07 AM »

Has anyone experienced paint issues on their new CVOSG. I have a UV Blue/Molten Lava with the following issues; Clear coat buildup and peeling on the edge of the right lower fairing, Clear coat peeling off the top inside edge of the saddlebag lowers, looks like clear coat stuck to the lid seals, right side saddlebag was painted black on the inside to cover silver over spray. Also the gas tank looks like orange peel when out of the sun. All parts except tank are due to be replaced under warranty. Still working on the tank issue.
WOW!!!  Think I will keep my 2012 Dark Slate and Black Diamond!!  Good Luck!!!

ultrarider123

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2014, 10:22:05 AM »

I hurt for ya, CVOhog.  To have such a beauty in the ultrav and then have not only one but numerous paint issues would get my gourd.  You stated the dealer was making good on the replacements.  They should.
Problem is not the dealer, however.  It's the factory QC department.  Something is very wrong to let this out of the factory.  Actually, not only the HD factory QC but the company that HD subs out to do the paintwork on the CVO's.  This error should not leave their facility headed to HD.  Both parties dropped the ball in this.  This should not happen no matter whether you buy the base model Sportster or the top of the heap CVO.

CVOhog1

• Junior CVO Member
    • NY

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2014, 11:25:48 AM »

I totally agree
V&H Power Dual Header
PV 2

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2014, 08:20:25 PM »

When we spend our hard earned $ for a bike one would expect to take delivery knowing you have a premium product.
Production line processes (especially automated) have a limited time to complete a task hence the QA issues we see. (All comes to cost to produce the finished product).
That is where the warranty kicks in.

I to had some warranty replacements with no questions asked, even though I pointed them all out on and after delivery.
1. Bat wing fairing had 3 paint chips on the top edge beside the mirror.
2. Clear protection tape on R/H side rear cover had finger prints beneath it. Fixed this my self.
3. R/H Fairing lower Speaker trim had paint runs.
4. Rear fender scratched close to pin stripes.
5. Engine Guard had a dent on L/H side beneath the chrome plus a deep scratch on the R/H side. (Got replacement that was no better so had it rechromed at my cost).
6. Screen trim scratched
7. Heat shields scratched.
8. V/H heat shield on L/H and R/H side scratched. 
9. Rear brake pedal lever had several scratches.
10. Gear shift linkage chrome peeling beside lock nut.
11. Number plate light housing was chipped on both corners.
12. Seat had a small split and signs of stiching pulling through bead.

All replaced under warranty. (A credit to the dealer in getting this all fixed).

At the end I have what I was expecting.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2014, 10:35:51 PM »

I took the "steel toe tour" this summer. I can't imagine how such obvious paint issues could get through, especially on a CVO! Those people were sitting at stations (seemingly) inspecting each piece and sanding an buffing with the proverbial fine tooth comb. Supposedly, they all go through the same line now so how is this happening?  Is CVO paint for these coming from a vendor and not inspected like the regular bikes?
RETIRED! :fireman:

CVOhog1

• Junior CVO Member
    • NY

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2014, 07:49:07 AM »

It is my understanding that the CVO and numbered HD paint sets are done by vendors. I believe one is Gunslinger Custom Paint out of Colorado. Not sure if there are others. The QC inspectors at the assembly plant should have caught this. There are small QC tags all over the inside covers with initials and dates from QC inspectors. Looks to me like they just wanted to get this bike out. New parts are on order. 
V&H Power Dual Header
PV 2
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 24 queries.