Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33

Author Topic: HD Dealerships That Have Closed or Are Closing  (Read 168965 times)

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
Re: HD Dealerships That Have Closed or Are Closing
« Reply #450 on: April 08, 2012, 11:56:18 PM »

18 million is what that place cost but the truth is that they were not selling enough bikes. Come to think of it there service was not that great ether. What they could not fix on my bike in over 8 months another dealer did it in 7 days.....that included waiting for parts.

I was told that the Lamborghini dealership next door will stay open. It is owned by the same guy.

As for the city of Toronto not having a Harley dealership that is to be seen. I belong to the Toronto H.O.G. Chapter and at our last meeting we were asked to sit tight and keep the group together. We are thinking that another Harley dealer will be opening up but this cannot be confirmed.....time will tell....as they say "it will all come out in the wash".

We lost a small local dealer here as well... that dealership had one of the best HOG chapters in the state... HOG told us to sit tight.. something is in the works... they were allowed to keep the charter through the end of the year... lets see what washes out.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

SHD

« Reply #451 on: April 09, 2012, 06:05:05 PM »

I'm on a 'break' in Arizona and stopped by Superstition HD in Apache Junction.....they quit doing rentals Dec 1st.....not very much for Motor Clothes....and less than half a showroom of bikes with a bunch of those being the rental fleet for sale. Makes me wonder how long they will last.

Chester's in Mesa looks like business as usual.

As, Owner/Dealer Principal of Superstition Harley-Davidson, part of my responsibilities is keeping my finger on the pulse of all things Harley-Davidson.  I have to say that I was surprised by your post and wanted to personally address your concerns.   Let me start by saying that Superstition Harley-Davidson is not closing.  We have chosen to discontinue rentals because it’s a very seasonal portion of our business. What most folks don’t realize is that a rental department requires more than just having bikes available to rent. There’s staffing of the department, insurance, repairs and maintenance whether the bikes are on the road or not.  Our decommissioned rental bikes have always been fast sellers because of the standards we uphold in maintaining them.  We decided that our capital was better used for continued education of current employees and hiring more staff to meet our customers’ expectations.

It seems, by the date of your post, that you were here in the height of the Christmas buying season.  It’s a very busy time of year for us in all our departments and getting merchandise to the floor as fast as we sell it is an “all hands on deck” proposition.  We won’t sacrifice our high standard of customer service during business hours so our Motorclothes & General Merchandise are restocked before or after close of business during high season.  If you don’t see something, please ask. One of our Sales Associates will happily answer any questions.

I understand your confusion about the number of bikes on the floor!  The simple answer is this – the Motor Company controls when bikes are shipped.  Sometimes the inventory is out of balance because we’ve sold more new bikes than we were shipped in a given time.  Higher sales = lower inventory.  When that happens, a deposit is all that’s needed to claim one of the bikes that are on the way from Harley-Davidson. 

I hope I’ve addressed your concerns and we look forward to seeing you on your next 'break'.  Be well & ride safe!

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #452 on: April 09, 2012, 06:06:34 PM »

We lost a small local dealer here as well... that dealership had one of the best HOG chapters in the state... HOG told us to sit tight.. something is in the works... they were allowed to keep the charter through the end of the year... lets see what washes out.

Toronto Harley officially closed today.

As for our H.O.G. Chapter an email went out yesterday saying that H.O.G. Canada and the other 3 dealerships in the city will decide the fate of the Toronto Chapter.

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #453 on: April 09, 2012, 07:11:53 PM »

So to twist this a little. How many dealers have closed because other dealers infringed on their territories?

Apparently St. Paul HD thinks they can sell to the world ( and most here seem to think that's okay). Now a dealer in Toronto is closed. So if you live in Toronto and purchased parts from St. Paul HD you contributed to this. And subsequently you can now service your bike in MN :oops:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #454 on: April 09, 2012, 07:33:20 PM »

As, Owner/Dealer Principal of Superstition Harley-Davidson, part of my responsibilities is keeping my finger on the pulse of all things Harley-Davidson.  I have to say that I was surprised by your post and wanted to personally address your concerns.   Let me start by saying that Superstition Harley-Davidson is not closing.  We have chosen to discontinue rentals because it’s a very seasonal portion of our business. What most folks don’t realize is that a rental department requires more than just having bikes available to rent. There’s staffing of the department, insurance, repairs and maintenance whether the bikes are on the road or not.  Our decommissioned rental bikes have always been fast sellers because of the standards we uphold in maintaining them.  We decided that our capital was better used for continued education of current employees and hiring more staff to meet our customers’ expectations.

It seems, by the date of your post, that you were here in the height of the Christmas buying season.  It’s a very busy time of year for us in all our departments and getting merchandise to the floor as fast as we sell it is an “all hands on deck” proposition.  We won’t sacrifice our high standard of customer service during business hours so our Motorclothes & General Merchandise are restocked before or after close of business during high season.  If you don’t see something, please ask. One of our Sales Associates will happily answer any questions.

I understand your confusion about the number of bikes on the floor!  The simple answer is this – the Motor Company controls when bikes are shipped.  Sometimes the inventory is out of balance because we’ve sold more new bikes than we were shipped in a given time.  Higher sales = lower inventory.  When that happens, a deposit is all that’s needed to claim one of the bikes that are on the way from Harley-Davidson. 

I hope I’ve addressed your concerns and we look forward to seeing you on your next 'break'.  Be well & ride safe!

SHD, great first post.
Dealers that conduct business in a manner like your post above  earn my business.
As a loyal customer of Harley Davidson of Charlotte I'm a long way from your store but will make an effort to stop in and shop at your store if ever in the area.
Welcome to the site and glad you are here!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #455 on: April 09, 2012, 11:23:23 PM »

As, Owner/Dealer Principal of Superstition Harley-Davidson, part of my responsibilities is keeping my finger on the pulse of all things Harley-Davidson.  I have to say that I was surprised by your post and wanted to personally address your concerns.   Let me start by saying that Superstition Harley-Davidson is not closing.  We have chosen to discontinue rentals because it’s a very seasonal portion of our business. What most folks don’t realize is that a rental department requires more than just having bikes available to rent. There’s staffing of the department, insurance, repairs and maintenance whether the bikes are on the road or not.  Our decommissioned rental bikes have always been fast sellers because of the standards we uphold in maintaining them.  We decided that our capital was better used for continued education of current employees and hiring more staff to meet our customers’ expectations.

It seems, by the date of your post, that you were here in the height of the Christmas buying season.  It’s a very busy time of year for us in all our departments and getting merchandise to the floor as fast as we sell it is an “all hands on deck” proposition.  We won’t sacrifice our high standard of customer service during business hours so our Motorclothes & General Merchandise are restocked before or after close of business during high season.  If you don’t see something, please ask. One of our Sales Associates will happily answer any questions.

I understand your confusion about the number of bikes on the floor!  The simple answer is this – the Motor Company controls when bikes are shipped.  Sometimes the inventory is out of balance because we’ve sold more new bikes than we were shipped in a given time.  Higher sales = lower inventory.  When that happens, a deposit is all that’s needed to claim one of the bikes that are on the way from Harley-Davidson.  

I hope I’ve addressed your concerns and we look forward to seeing you on your next 'break'.  Be well & ride safe!

I agree with the above post... Excellent response SHD with your first post.

I'm also pleased to see that Superstition Harley-Davidson is very much alive and well!  I've stopped in there a few times over the past number of years while riding in Arizona and on every visit I was very impressed with not just your beautiful location, but with the friendly service I received.

Next time we're in the area you can count on another visit from my wife and I.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 11:25:20 PM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #456 on: April 10, 2012, 04:12:38 PM »

Cool, I'll have to visit SHD when I'm in the area.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #457 on: April 10, 2012, 04:35:24 PM »

Another shop I'll consider is New Castle H-D in PA. A team from Zanotti's old store is there performing some of the same functions. http://shop.newcastlehd.com/. Check with CJ and I had good transactions (response, shipping times and price) with them.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #458 on: April 10, 2012, 05:09:14 PM »

So to twist this a little. How many dealers have closed because other dealers infringed on their territories?

Apparently St. Paul HD thinks they can sell to the world ( and most here seem to think that's okay). Now a dealer in Toronto is closed. So if you live in Toronto and purchased parts from St. Paul HD you contributed to this. And subsequently you can now service your bike in MN :oops:
Maybe, here in Canada the dealerships don't believe in making a bit off of each sale. Instead, it would appear that a large profit needs to be made off of each individual sale. When in my local HD store, I keep my a$$ against a wall!
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #459 on: April 10, 2012, 05:14:32 PM »

Yes, you did. Thanks for the response.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

kraut

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride & Have Fun

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
    • Harley Café Dresden
CU on the road, Hans

Ride & Have Fun

Wild Card

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3
« Reply #461 on: April 12, 2012, 10:48:35 AM »

one Chicago suburb loses Harley dealership to another.

Ah, I thought that new dealership was a bit close to the Berwyn one!  Thanks. 

jimp

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #462 on: July 12, 2012, 07:50:32 AM »

All I can say is WOW.

http://www.psnnewsletter.com/newsletters/73761_2012_7_11_2_50_42.html

FLETCHER'S HARLEY-DAVIDSON TO CLOSE

Clearwater, Florida (07/11/2012) - Fletcher's Harley-Davidson, Clearwater, Florida announced today that it will close its store after 48 years in business. Co-owners, Laura Fletcher, Peggy McFarland, and Sherry Conder, say "they would like to thank their loyal employees and customers for the best years of their lives while operating Fletcher's Harley-Davidson."

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member

BALIS

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #464 on: July 18, 2012, 03:12:46 PM »

Brussels Harley-Davidson has lost his bar & shield become effective as from the 1st of September 2012. Harley -Davidson Benelux is momentarily the sponsor of the chapter.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 25 queries.