Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: CVO Muffler Tips ????  (Read 11725 times)

SE66

• Senior CVO Member
  • Life Begins When You Get One

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Twilight Blue / Stardust Silver
CVO Muffler Tips ????
« on: February 03, 2012, 10:55:43 AM »

Pulled the BUB 7's off and replaced them with the stock muff's that came with the bike (FLHTCUSE4) Did the 2" fullsac baffle trick.  Like the sound much  better,  can't tell a real big difference, Sound is good and really wanted to get to the looks of a 4" can.   Just would now like to change the tips to slant up or down.  I have searched this site pretty hard and have determined that this is a hopeless idea.  Seems that there should be some tips somewhere that would fit these stock CVO 4" mufflers.  Any Ideas appreciated Guys.

JImmy
Jimmy

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Re: CVO Muffler Tips ????
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 11:16:55 AM »

Jimmy,

I have the stock 4" CVO '09 SERG mufflers with the Fullsac 2" baffles AND the Fullsac stainless tapered muffler tips.

There are a few pictures of the Fullsac 4" polished stainless steel tips.

The only issue, and it's very picky on my part, but if a company were going to offer a product for a very specific application like Harley baggers, I would think that they would have made the angle on the taper better match the downward rear taper of the bags.  The tips have just a bit less angle than the bags.  No one has ever said anything about it, but it would look better in my opinion if they matched.

The tips can be installed with the tape as in my pictures or flipped over so they slash downward instead.

Hope this has helped you out.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

SE66

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 11:23:11 AM »

Dan,

Would you have an idea where I could get some of these tips.  I see that they are no longer sold at Fullsac. 
Jimmy

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 11:54:08 AM »

SE66, sorry to  :jack:. but what baffles did you have in your 7's. Regular or stealth. I had regular and thought they were too loud, then I modded my stock muffler baffles and thought it sounded to tinny or hollow. So I bought stealth baffles for the 7's and love the sound. I do like the big can look of the stockers though. I just don't know how much better they would sound if I invested in full sac baffles vs the chop job I did with stock? How would you compare the sound from your 7's?  On another note my 7 end caps started to peel a little like others have and I don't wanna waste $100 on new end caps when I could maybe try professionally made baffles on my stock muffs which appearance-wise are still mint.

SE66

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 12:02:48 PM »

Pete,

I can honestly say that I was surprised at the sound when I did the 2" Fullsac cores.  They are a little quieter at idle than the BUB 7"s, not a lot,  but running down the road at various other speeds,  I can't really tell a lot of difference,  maybe a little quieter,  but they have a great sound,  I am very pleased, and love the look of the 4' stock cans.  I will not put the BUB's back on because the difference in the sound is just a little less than the BUB's but not much.  And I do have the regular bafles in the BUB 7's.  I am running the V&H Power Duals and that probably helps with the sound,  NO CAT.

JImmy
Jimmy

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 01:14:38 PM »

Thanks

glens

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 02:04:27 PM »

I don't ride a CVO.  I thought the mufflers you guys have take any of the 4" end caps available through H-D or http://epiflex.com/chrometips.html to name a couple.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 05:58:31 PM »

HD has slash chrome tips in their P&A catalog for 4" mufflers, but I was told that they would not fit CVO muflers.

There may be others like what Glen suggested.

Didn't know Fullsac quit selling the ones I have.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

glens

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 09:12:49 PM »

Aren't the CVO mufflers
... I was told that they would not fit CVO muflers.

I can neither confirm nor deny that but it sounds implausible to me.  It would be easy enough to see by removing one of your stock endcaps, taking it to the local dealer and comparing it to one of the others they have in stock.

scttgr8

• Senior CVO Member
  • my new GLIDE

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 09:29:32 PM »

ck out Rush exhaust they have several different end caps and are made in Indiana...
2012 HD Road Glide Custom CVO (FLTRXSE) Candy Cobalt/Twilight Blue with Real Smoke Graphics I added wrapped chrome license plate bracket/cover, saddlebag guard rails, replaced black Engine covers w/Chrome, RCx slip-ons mounted on Fullsac "C" X head pipe, TTS tuner tuned! Enjoying life ...living the dream!!!

glens

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 11:10:12 PM »

Rush is the epiflex.com link I provided earlier.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 12:05:28 AM »

i wanted to keep the stock lood as well.. the stock 4" cans look best to me and always did.   I was thinking about the 1.75" cores from Fullsac, but was talked into the 2" by Steve and a few others..  I'm surprised how good they sound, and not too loud at all...  I think my Bub 7 Stealth may even be louder. I'm glad I went with Fullsac. :2vrolijk_21:

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 10:01:38 PM »

I don't ride a CVO.  I thought the mufflers you guys have take any of the 4" end caps available through H-D or http://epiflex.com/chrometips.html to name a couple.
The SE tips work fine just requires a set of Fishtail or turn down adapters to fit.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 06:12:22 AM »

Look at the HD web site under exhaust and you'll see they have brand new black tips with the screamin eagle logo. I can't help with the slash cuts but thought you might like to know about them. I have 2 on order but haven't seen them yet.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 06:23:01 AM »

wow... someones reading my mind... sad to see fullsac no longer sells the tips as I was about to order a couple of sets.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 25 queries.