Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: why would they have to close?  (Read 8973 times)

Bromebe

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2001 CVO FXDWG2 Switchblade
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
why would they have to close?
« on: May 21, 2015, 11:45:40 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/waco-harley-davidson-remains-closed-following-shooting-twin-photo-133700846.html

I've been watching and the subject of Waco has not come up or maybe no one wants to touch it!
I'm just confused on why they would close the HD dealership there because of the "other incident!

Do we have members in Waco?

2013 CVO Screaning Eagle Road King - Big Blue
2001 CVO  Switchblade - Flash (sold)

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
Re: why would they have to close?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 01:08:57 PM »

I think locally they're reacting to anyone from anywhere on a motorcycle from what I read - a regular two wheeled shut down. The restaurant closed, local dealer closed - not a good time to tour Waco for certain...

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 01:20:27 PM »

My guess would be that the local businesses that would attract a biker crowd are just " playing it safe than sorry"  with the idea that maybe they know the dispute isn't over and they don't want to be the next hot spot for bad press and violence.

murphy

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 02:53:19 PM »

It's not uncommon for omg members to have financial interests in dealerships... just another possibility.

Bromebe

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2001 CVO FXDWG2 Switchblade
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 08:57:10 AM »

I think the hole thing sucks,
it's back in the headlines again this morning

feel like I need to wear a Tie when I ride now,
"see, I'm a good guy"!
2013 CVO Screaning Eagle Road King - Big Blue
2001 CVO  Switchblade - Flash (sold)

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 10:12:47 AM »

That makes as much sense as closing a soul food restaurant in Annapolis because the rioters in Baltimore were primarily African American.  To even suggest it is so racist and ridiculous that if someone did it they'd be called out on national media.

But when you do it to a biker... It's all good and prudent. :confused5:

I spent some time this week explaining the rules of 1% clubs vs other 3 patch clubs etc. to non biking co-workers.  It's like an abbot and Costello routine.  Except its not very funny when your forced to live it just because you chose to ride on two wheels.

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 10:36:58 AM »

Except its not very funny when your forced to live it just because you chose to ride on two wheels.

It's surprising how people can perceive things they aren't familiar with. I photographed a few of my handguns as product samples and showed them to another photographer I've known for several years. She was genuinely concerned that I had weapons and asked if she should be afraid... I won't comment on what I told her. Non-riders can be the same - we're often characterized as ruffians and/or undesirables to the uninformed.  :nixweiss:
Sensationalizing events like in Waco on a national level, although viewed as horrid by most of us, certainly doesn't dispel this perception any.

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2013 Road King
    • HVAC
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 04:12:49 PM »

It's surprising how people can perceive things they aren't familiar with. I photographed a few of my handguns as product samples and showed them to another photographer I've known for several years. She was genuinely concerned that I had weapons and asked if she should be afraid... I won't comment on what I told her. Non-riders can be the same - we're often characterized as ruffians and/or undesirables to the uninformed.  :nixweiss:
Sensationalizing events like in Waco on a national level, although viewed as horrid by most of us, certainly doesn't dispel this perception any.

You need to move to Texas. Guns are as common as birds here.

2014WtGld

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2015, 11:24:14 PM »

Sorry for this post will be long winded. I'll start with a few facts.
There was a meeting being held at the twin peeks restaurant in Waco that Sunday by the Confederation of Clubs and independent riders. It was a regular meeting in which several clubs and individuals attend several times a year. Not just 1% clubs but all types of clubs. ( they have a website that tells a little more about the confederation) they were going to discuss a few bills that were being voted on in the texas legislation,and other laws dealing with motorcyclist. Before the meeting started a fight broke out in the parking lot and that's when things went south. I have a close friend that attended and is in jail in Waco now. He claims he had just arrived, parked his truck started toward the restaurant and shots started being fired. He and couple that were with him took cover and waited the ordeal out trying to stay away from gunfire. He and nearly everybody on the premises were arrested and detained under a million dollar bond. He is a member of the bandidos and had a gun in his truck ( which is legal in texas) but that's the basis in which they have told him he was being arrested for. They have frozen his bank account and will not let anyone retrieve his truck which is in a impound lot that is accruing a 250 a day dept. (it's evidence) they say. This guy has no criminal history at all. Just as 115 of the 170 they have arrested. He said they are trying to get a hearing to reduce the bond from a million to something reasonable but will probably be June sometime before it happens.
The restaurant has released video from inside that shows nothing started inside. They also released a statement that said the local police never approached their management about the meeting or for them not to let the meeting be held there.
First the number of people killed by police fire was 4 but have recently read it was all 9.
Ap press checked the criminal backgrounds on all 170 and found that 115 didn't even have a criminal record period.
Most of the weapons being recovered have came from inside vehicles in the parking lot. (Again legal in texas)
Most of the (outlaw bikers ) converging on the town shortly after the shooting was people headed to the meeting. Again the shooting happened before the meeting was to start.
Not so much fact but my opinion -- Mr. Swanson of the Waco pd. is obviously very scared of bikers for what ever reason. The restaurant had been holding bike nights and other bike related things and he didn't like it. He may have had some kind of information that there may be trouble at this meeting. But I feel he had hipped his men a little too much and they over reacted.
My hopes would be that if there were bikers shooting at cops they got what they deserved or will be dealt with by the law. And the same goes for cops that may have shot unarmed bikers or killed bikers because of over reaction.
I'm simply a guy who enjoys riding my harley. Not affiliated with anyone but me. But I know not all club members are bad people not even all the people in some of the bigger 1% clubs. I certainly know that my friend isn't and hope all works out for him and the others that are being treated unfairly.
As for the dealer ship closing or being forced to close. (Again opinion) it's probably another overreaction by the pd. And is justifiable in their minds.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 12:22:50 AM by 2014WtGld »

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• HVAC
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 02:15:31 PM »

Interesting read WtGld. Easy to believe as well. Unfortunately it was a bunch of middle aged white guys so the national media couldn't care less. Had it been a bunch of black teen hoodlums, Al sharpton would already be on his way to Waco.

Lets hope the truth comes out. Million dollar bonds for all is more than absurd. It has the same affect as denying the right to be innocent until proven guilty.

Let us not forget that Waco would be the same location that the government decided to kill a bunch of innocent women and children not so many years ago.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 02:18:17 PM by 03Lightningrocks »

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2015, 02:04:11 PM »

Its is indeed an interesting read but I need to disagree with one point. Being a 1% 40 years ago I think I can speak on the subject. If your friend is a 1% in the club you mentioned hes not a good man. Why because they don't stand for anything good. They are bullies and break the law along with a laundry list of bad things they do.They make it difficult for me and my friends to put good cuts on and ride. Its guilt by assiociation. yep heard that I just want to be cool and hang out with the bros and ride. I really wish these guys would become good guys and do something positive with there lives. God loves them and I'm trying.

BigLew

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• HVAC
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 02:16:09 AM »

I agree with BigLew that the 1% clubs are not typically law abiding people. That is the whole point of calling themselves one percenters. They take pride in being the "bad guy". That being said, I took from WtGlds post that his friend is not a 1% member and that there were others there as well that have no ties with a 1% club.

mark

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2015, 10:33:15 AM »

I wouldn't be associated with ANY organization/group that associates itself with OMGs.  You're judged by the company you keep.  If one wants to hang out with OMGs, then expect to be treated as such.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2015, 10:46:07 AM »

I wouldn't be associated with ANY organization/group that associates itself with OMGs.  You're judged by the company you keep.  If one wants to hang out with OMGs, then expect to be treated as such.

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 07:32:13 AM »

+1

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 22 queries.