Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Need help deciding on color  (Read 16856 times)

MiCrow

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AR

Re: Need help deciding on color
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2014, 06:16:40 PM »

I agree that you must see the colors in person, so far, I've only seen Black/Gold Dust and Yellow/Black. O fthose, the Yellow Black looks the best with the red highlighting on the graphics. The Black/Gold Dust was a demo bike parked between other bikes and very dirty. The Yellow was in a showroom, but you could see the flakes in the Yellow. Let's see some outside photos of that yellow one.

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2014, 10:59:51 PM »

Gents,

I went with the yellow/black on Saturday. The photos do not do these bikes justice-you gotta see the color in person. My last 4 bikes were Amber Whiskey-Ember Red-Black-Black. You can see the yellow flake throughout and in the black flames.

Congrats. Thats awesome. I bet the yellow looks great in person. Post pics when you can

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2014, 06:51:28 AM »

I saw the yellow at a dealer in Vermont.   Looked amazing!     Can't wait to see a silver,,   Stuart

Rkw

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2014, 10:36:39 AM »

The "Gold" Key.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2014, 12:07:17 PM »

Gents,

I went with the yellow/black on Saturday. The photos do not do these bikes justice-you gotta see the color in person. My last 4 bikes were Amber Whiskey-Ember Red-Black-Black. You can see the yellow flake throughout and in the black flames.

On this color choice, I am glad they didn't match the inner fairing color. The black offsets the yellow. In the saddlebags, both left and right, the wiring harness protrudes about 1-1 1/4 inches from inner, which means if you use the travel bags, you can't stuff as much travel gear as my 14 SG.

Just an FYI for those on fence about trade. I got $18,630 for my 14 SG (non special) with more than 13k miles and paid just over $35,540 MSRP plus tax on difference (msrp less trade) at 6% tax+ tags + freight....tax was just over $1000, $435 Freight, $220 tags/title.

Whatever you ride or like---it's your bike. Obviously the Hard Candy is the most popular, but I am happy with my choice.

x2
This is the color I picked....it took me a while to deside.....I just could stop looking at it.

I think it is the red accent that sealed the deal for me.....plus it kinda matches my tent :nervous:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 12:09:54 PM by Cat Eyes »

Wesleypalms

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2014, 10:28:14 PM »

Congratulations! I think all the colors this year are pretty awesome. The shape of the graphics looking down the side of bike really flow.

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2014, 05:18:53 AM »

I'm somewhat in the same boat. I've only seen the blue / orange in person, but I have a deposit on the silver and black. It's due to arrive in early Oct. I'm hoping that when I see it, it really pops and screams my name. It's not easy to give up the Tequila Sunrise I have now.

Clay

I don't blame you, the Teq Sunrise is a beautiful color job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

speeder

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2014, 01:42:17 AM »

Now that more of these are showing up at dealers. Can anyone add some more pictures or opinions?
Thanks

Rkw

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2014, 09:55:35 PM »

Some photos

Rkw

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2014, 09:57:37 PM »

Another..

Rkw

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2014, 10:01:40 PM »

Cloudy view of a saddlebag inner to show harness protruding..

Rkw

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2014, 10:12:55 PM »

Non CVO---custom bike approx 39k list

Rkw

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2014, 10:18:19 PM »

Price list...

05CVOfatty

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2015, 09:16:58 PM »

Hello all! I just purchased my 2015 Street Glide CVO in the best color of all 4 available. How could you possibly pass up that custom Hard Candy Mercury and those metallic smokey black flames??? OMG! the paint is so thick and heavily clear coated that the flames look like they are actually raised above the metal flake! The blacked out motor and accessory theme is not my taste. Harleys should be dripping in chrome and this CVO is. With that insane flake, the chrome is eye popping! I am in Washington state and this was the only silver 2015 around in a 3 state radius. Silver and black have always been a favorite color for me. Being a 70's kid growing up, how could you not drool over the Cortez Silver and Black '69 Chevrolet Z28 and Chevelle SS? Just my opinion of course. 2nd choice would be the Blue and Orange. Now I have to change my name to 15CVOglide  :)

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2015, 10:53:06 PM »

Hello all! I just purchased my 2015 Street Glide CVO in the best color of all 4 available. How could you possibly pass up that custom Hard Candy Mercury and those metallic smokey black flames??? OMG! the paint is so thick and heavily clear coated that the flames look like they are actually raised above the metal flake! The blacked out motor and accessory theme is not my taste. Harleys should be dripping in chrome and this CVO is. With that insane flake, the chrome is eye popping! I am in Washington state and this was the only silver 2015 around in a 3 state radius. Silver and black have always been a favorite color for me. Being a 70's kid growing up, how could you not drool over the Cortez Silver and Black '69 Chevrolet Z28 and Chevelle SS? Just my opinion of course. 2nd choice would be the Blue and Orange. Now I have to change my name to 15CVOglide  :)
congrats , on a fine color and really good looking bike! :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 24 queries.