Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Holy price gouging! What are you guys paying for 2015 CVO Street Glides?  (Read 17521 times)

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member

I just went and looked at a Silver and Black and a Ultra Violet and Lava at two separate dealers.  I really liked the silver and black, but this dealer wanted $48,000 for the bike!!!  I told the sales manager he was out of his mind!  Then he says he'd go down to $41,000....I laughed!  The other one is at MSRP.  I don't get how they can charge over MSRP!  His justification is that it's gonna hold its value....lol!

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Holy price gouging! What are you guys paying for 2015 CVO Street Glides?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 02:49:22 PM »

That dealer is the perfect description of the word "Stealer". He just let you know that he will take advantage of you or any other customer for profit.

What's the Stealership's name so our CVOHARLEY members can be sure to stay away.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 02:55:57 PM »

That dealer is the perfect description of the word "Stealer". He just let you know that he will take advantage of you or any other customer for profit.

What's the Stealership's name so our CVOHARLEY members can be sure to stay away.

I just can't get over the justification of the gouging!  The 2012s still go for close,to $30K.

I felt bad for the sales guy...he said it's hard to sell bikes when they ask over MSRP.

It's a Chicago area dealer....I'll state the name once I get confirmation that they won't sell at MSRP for sure.  He kept asking me "what do we have to do to make the deal happen"?  I said, to sell it at MSRP and we'd have a deal....then I walked.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 04:23:26 PM »

I just went and looked at a Silver and Black and a Ultra Violet and Lava at two separate dealers.  I really liked the silver and black, but this dealer wanted $48,000 for the bike!!!  I told the sales manager he was out of his mind!  Then he says he'd go down to $41,000....I laughed!  The other one is at MSRP.  I don't get how they can charge over MSRP!  His justification is that it's gonna hold its value....lol!

That's why they are still on the show room floor.  Dealer that don't price goug have them sold before they are delivered.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 04:37:51 PM »

I just went and looked at a Silver and Black and a Ultra Violet and Lava at two separate dealers.  I really liked the silver and black, but this dealer wanted $48,000 for the bike!!!  I told the sales manager he was out of his mind!  Then he says he'd go down to $41,000....I laughed!  The other one is at MSRP. I don't get how they can charge over MSRP!  His justification is that it's gonna hold its value....lol!
Oh they charge over MSRP alright. Because some body that just "HAS TO HAVE THIS BIKE RIGHT NOW" will pay it. The saying goes,,,, There's an ASS for every seat.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 04:38:44 PM »

Some people have more dollars than sense. Paying over MSRP for any CVO or Non-CVO is just plain STUPID.

Any Stealer who tells you that any paint color is going to be worth more in trade-in or resale down the road than any other color is just making that up to make a sale. There is absolutely no way to know that on new bikes. The only way one paint color is going to fetch more on resale than any other paint color is if you happen to find a buyer who is in love with that particular color and will pay more for it… and that's a quite dicey assumption.

It used to be a truism that bikes made in a particular and "rare" color would fetch more on resale. But, with all the CVO models they are pumping out these days, I don't think that will be true in the future... if it ever really was.

Unless it's Hot Citrus, of course!  LOL

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 04:45:13 PM »

Some people have more dollars than sense. Paying over MSRP for any CVO or Non-CVO is just plain STUPID.

Any Stealer who tells you that any paint color is going to be worth more in trade-in or resale down the road than any other color is just making that up to make a sale. There is absolutely no way to know that on new bikes. The only way one paint color is going to fetch more on resale than any other paint color is if you happen to find a buyer who is in love with that particular color and will pay more for it… and that's a quite dicey assumption.

It used to be a truism that bikes made in a particular and "rare" color would fetch more on resale. But, with all the CVO models they are pumping out these days, I don't think that will be true in the future... if it ever really was.

Unless it's Hot Citrus, of course!  LOL

Ken
Wonder what they would do/say if someone asked them to put that in writing on thy purchase agreement and held them to their word when they wanted to trade the bike in... my guess is they would be retracting so fast you'd get sucked into a deep dark hole. ;) :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 04:49:04 PM »

Wonder what they would do/say if someone asked them to put that in writing on thy purchase agreement and held them to their word when they wanted to trade the bike in... my guess is they would be retracting so fast you'd get sucked into a deep dark hole. ;) :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Amen, d00d! But the Stealers are smarter and more experienced than most of their customers... so you'll NEVER see that in a sales contract!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2014, 05:38:52 PM »

The GM of the dealer asked me what we have to do to get the deal done today and when I said MSRP, he looked at me like I was asking for a kidney!  Its a motorcycle, not a means of transportation, it's a toy for me,nhe seemed to think I'd buckle...then I walked.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2014, 05:40:34 PM »

Seen this one last week at American Harley in Buffalo N.Y. They where ready to deal at this price.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2014, 05:46:13 PM »

After seeing this bike in person and sitting on it.

It's not the bike for me. :thumbsdown:

FLH91

• Senior CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2015 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2014 FLSTNSE
    • CVO3: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2014, 05:48:11 PM »

I love that color! 

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2014, 08:43:13 PM »

I love that color!

For $46k they can stick it up their ass.  Nothing on this planet is worth over MSRP. 

Rkw

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2014, 09:36:34 PM »

If anyone comes across a dealer selling above MSRP, then you should name the dealership.

These same dealers may inflate their service costs as well. For example, near Roswell, Ga, a dealer charged $400 for a 1k service on a 2012 Street Glide, when most dealers charge about $300.00. In Waterloo Iowa, the dealer charged over $360 for a service on a 14 Street Glide with 11,500 miles(3rd service on bike) when passing through on a x-ctry trip, when originally quoted about $325. This same dealership said to get your brake pads changed in another 2500 miles after the service was completed, instead of calling and stating that beforehand, considering the customer had 1100 miles further to go before reaching home. Why not get it done then-cost about $50 bucks to change rear pads while bike in for service.

Killercreek Harley in Roswell Georgia charged just over $400 bucks for 1k service on street glide on new 2012 Street Gilde; Silver Eagle Harley in Waterloo Iowa charged just over $360 bucks for the service at 11,500 miles.

In my area, the regular services are $300 bucks, and other dealers near the two I mentioned, charge less-----Roswell was the worse, and Waterloo 2nd worse.

Normally, dealers will inflate the price of the bike, by adding/changing stock components, such as exhaust, grips, air cleaner, etc. For example, Rommel Harley changed out components, and is selling a street glide for more than 30k on their website(non CVO). The price may be justified by the additions, unlike the dealer trying to sell a new 15 CVO for $48k or $41 K stock.

I will come back and name dealers that have serviced my bikes over the past 4 years in my home state and elsewhere, with their average service price. Yes, you can service yourself, but even if you keep receipts, etc....if something should go wrong, you may have to battle MOCO, as they have factory trained mechanics vs average Joe. Extra cost for "peace of mind" should something go wrong....in my opinion; others may disagree.

Chesapeake Harley and Baltimore Harley charge $300 for regular service, unlike the two above.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 09:53:31 PM by Rkw »

denis

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2114 cvo ultra blue
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2014, 09:55:05 PM »

when i bought my 2014 cvo ultra i paid msrp from a dealer about 15miles from the dealer in glenview il that i bought bikes from every 3yrs for the last 25yrs and that dealer wantes 4000 over msrp so you got shop around
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 24 queries.