Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Holy price gouging! What are you guys paying for 2015 CVO Street Glides?  (Read 17624 times)

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
Re: Holy price gouging! What are you guys paying for 2015 CVO Street Glides?
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 12:24:03 AM »

The dealer I bought my 11 CVO SG from had a Hard Candy Mercury SG the first week the 15's came out. The best they would do is $2K over list having a buyer for my 11 CVO SG and they had a guy very interested in my bike. After the buyer backed out of buying my bike they offered me $22K on consignment, not a trade adding they'll order me one giving them time to sell mine. The dealer's dont want to tie up money on a ton of used bikes. They already had a few used CVO's on the floor, not a CVO SG though. The new bike sold for 3K over MSRP to an out of state buyer. I sold my bike on my own and found a dealer selling at MSRP leaving a deposit on a 15 CVO SG Hard Candy. I might not see the bike until next year which is fine with me. I'm fortunate to have a another bike to ride.

I haven't seen another CVO SG around my area, they are gone before they hit the floor. This is frustrating as I would like to see a few more colors before taking the Hard Candy home.

Shop around, buy at MSRP!

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 07:32:29 AM »

Dealer closest to me in MA always asks $10k over MSRP for a CVO. Last year they did that on the Limited. This year same on the SG's. I do all my service there so I gave them 1st shot at selling me a SG CVO. Told me the same $10k story. I wound up going to my old dealer in NJ when I lived there. They got me one at MSRP, they how they do all deals. I flew there and drove her back. I will not pay over MSRP. Kills the market for everyone else.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 07:43:16 AM »

Dealer closest to me in MA always asks $10k over MSRP for a CVO. Last year they did that on the Limited. This year same on the SG's. I do all my service there so I gave them 1st shot at selling me a SG CVO. Told me the same $10k story. I wound up going to my old dealer in NJ when I lived there. They got me one at MSRP, they how they do all deals. I flew there and drove her back. I will not pay over MSRP. Kills the market for everyone else.

Hard to believe there are people out there who would pay $10K over MSRP for ANYTHING! That guy is a true STEALER! I'm surprised he's still in business gouging people like that, and that there are people STUPID enough to pay it.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

ultrarider123

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 08:00:18 AM »

Just saw these two at Low Country HD and they were both MSRP.  Talking with Mike, this dealer had been MSRP in the beginning but creeped up to over list.  Just recently went back toward MSRP.  These were on the showroom floor on Friday afternoon at MSRP

2015 SERGU

ultrarider123

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2014, 08:01:33 AM »

2015 SE Limited....MSRP

This was a very purdy scooter, by the way......

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2014, 09:58:54 AM »

The free enterprise system is the American Way.  Dealers are free to ask whatever they want for their products and customers are free to buy or tell them to pound sand.  That being said, I won't even buy a Tee Shirt from a dealer who charges more than list for a bike.

I just bought a CVO Streetglide this weekend.  Payed MSRP with no freight or dealer prep charges and the dealership is storing the bike over the winter at no charge.  Great deal?  No, but I thought it was reasonable.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2014, 10:33:25 AM »

The free enterprise system is the American Way.  Dealers are free to ask whatever they want for their products and customers are free to buy or tell them to pound sand.  That being said, I won't even buy a Tee Shirt from a dealer who charges more than list for a bike.

I just bought a CVO Streetglide this weekend.  Payed MSRP with no freight or dealer prep charges and the dealership is storing the bike over the winter at no charge.  Great deal?  No, but I thought it was reasonable.
Very reasonable

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

TEQUILA -aka- RED RUM

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2014, 12:45:17 PM »

Very reasonable....

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2014, 04:13:09 PM »

Its a very reasonable and good deal. :bananarock:

Nicky Pass

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2014, 06:42:48 PM »

Very reasonable!  This dealer should take some notes.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2014, 08:00:29 PM »

Very reasonable!  This dealer should take some notes.
He's in Southeast Michigan Nicky. Shouldn't be more than a few hours from you. Maybe you should expand your radius a little.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2014, 07:59:36 PM »

Or ruby red!
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Fluster

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2014, 09:05:08 AM »

That dealership sounds like one i went to a month ago. A manager told me the hard candy silver CVO street glide was 7k over MSRP. I told him no thanks. Went back recently and they still had it on the floor. A sales person told me it would sell for 4k over. I again said no thanks. The dealer was Lakeshore Harley in the Chicago area. I have one coming any day at MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2014, 09:23:24 AM »

Oh they charge over MSRP alright. Because some body that just "HAS TO HAVE THIS BIKE RIGHT NOW" will pay it. The saying goes,,,, There's an ASS for every seat.
The other half of that saying is and "And a seat for every AZZ" ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.