Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: New CVO Streetglide: Auxiliary lights or not?  (Read 23754 times)

phantomxrt

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Streetglide (Hard Candy Mercury)
New CVO Streetglide: Auxiliary lights or not?
« on: October 12, 2014, 09:26:54 PM »

I have a hard candy mercury Streetglide on order   :bananarock:
Planning to fit V&H monster rounds, SEPST and passenger backrest before taking it home.

My question to you is this:
Should I put the LED daymaker auxiliary light setup on the front?
Would you do it on your Streetglide?

Love to know your opinions for and against.....
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 03:32:09 AM by phantomxrt »

Rkw

Re: New CVO Streetglide: Auxiliary lights or not?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 09:37:36 PM »

If you travel at night regularly, then yes. If rarely, then no.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 09:38:35 PM »

SG purists would say no, but I put LED aux lights on mine. In my book, seeing and being seen trumps SG "purity" any day. I'd much rather be a live sellout than a dead purist...

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2014, 09:51:47 PM »

SG purists would say no, but I put LED aux lights on mine. In my book, seeing and being seen trumps SG "purity" any day. I'd much rather be a live sellout than a dead purist...

Ken

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:    Right on the money Ken.

As for the comment about not needing them if riding during the day, I'd suggest paying close attention when you're out driving or riding around and note the huge difference in visibility between Harley's running just a single headlight and the ones running a headlight plus two spots as they approach you.  I run with my spots on 100% of the time, and I'm convinced it has been the reason I have had a huge reduction in the number of people pulling out in front of me or turning in front of me compared to when I rode bikes with a single headlight.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CannonBall

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2014, 11:35:48 PM »

I think they kill the look. Have u checked out the new daymaker kit that puts smaller spots on the crash bar?

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2014, 11:44:20 PM »

One of the members who recently purchased a Hard Candy SG has put them on, check out the 2015 CVO SG Pics thread, I believe its in there if you would like to see what they look like. Congrats on your impending purchase! Do whatever makes you feel most comfortable!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 11:46:02 PM by East Coast »

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2014, 11:58:15 PM »

I think they kill the look. Have u checked out the new daymaker kit that puts smaller spots on the crash bar?
Do you have a part #?.....I can't seem to locate them in the on-line P&A catalog.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

Bloomer

• May The Four Winds Blow You Safely Home
  • Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2014, 11:59:46 PM »

I do like the extra lighting for those dark nights in the country and for safety in urban environments.  Its the headlight I want to be brighter.  In my Jeep Wrangler I installed JW Speaker LED headlights with JW Speaker LED fog lights.  The auxiliary lighting on my SG are the same size in diameter as on the Jeep and perform equally.  The Jeep's headlight is much brighter than my bike.  I can see 300 yards on a dark country road in the Wrangler.  I'm going to look into find something better for the bike..
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 12:47:35 AM by Bloomer »
2015 CVO Street Glide

Bloomer

• May The Four Winds Blow You Safely Home
  • Junior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 12:11:30 AM »

This what it will look like.   The lights make the paint sparkle
2015 CVO Street Glide

CannonBall

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 12:41:11 AM »

Do you have a part #?.....I can't seem to locate them in the on-line P&A catalog.

I'll take a pic of them in the catalog in the AM.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 07:09:03 AM »

I put them on my sg3.   They look fine.  Make a huge difference at night.  You can see around the bike.   Better safe than purrrrrty.   Best upgrade you can do for safety.  Stuart.

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 07:25:03 AM »

My solution was to install Moto Lights on the calipers and got CD Dynamic Ringz. I think that combo certainly solves the issue of being seen during the day. I do however agree with others that the aux lights make a bigger difference for night driving.

T

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 07:53:34 AM »

This what it will look like.   The lights make the paint sparkle

Those look great!

To each their own, but I've never understood why SG purists are opposed to aux lights anyway. Lets face facts... it's the exact same bike as an Ultra or Limited... just with less equipment, lowered rear, stretched saddlebags, and different rear fender fascia. I like the look of aux lights, and I think the SG front end looks kind of plain without them.

Ken

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2014, 09:23:38 AM »

Those look great!

To each their own, but I've never understood why SG purists are opposed to aux lights anyway. Lets face facts... it's the exact same bike as an Ultra or Limited... just with less equipment, lowered rear, stretched saddlebags, and different rear fender fascia. I like the look of aux lights, and I think the SG front end looks kind of plain without them.

Ken
It's a matter of opinion.  I hate the look I think the bike looks much cleaner without the auxiliary lights and that's the point of the street glide over the ultra IMO. Same as the pretty butt on the cvo sg vs the cvo ultra.

Again, matter of preference. I prefer them off. I avoid riding at night. I don't enjoy night riding, don't see the point. Enough risk during the day. I try to avoid even riding at dusk or dawn.

I'm sure someday I will gravitate to an Ultra but I want my sg clean.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 11:55:02 AM »

It's a matter of opinion.  I hate the look I think the bike looks much cleaner without the auxiliary lights and that's the point of the street glide over the ultra IMO. Same as the pretty butt on the cvo sg vs the cvo ultra.

Again, matter of preference. I prefer them off. I avoid riding at night. I don't enjoy night riding, don't see the point. Enough risk during the day. I try to avoid even riding at dusk or dawn.

I'm sure someday I will gravitate to an Ultra but I want my sg clean.

OK, now you confused me.  You want your SG stripped down and clean, but when I look at your photo I'm pretty sure I see a Tour Pak on the back.  If you were truly a purist you wouldn't have that big ugly lump of plastic on the back end.   ;D

Yes, you're correct it's a personal thing and there is no single correct answer.  I made my point previously so there's no sense in beating that horse again.  Btw, the SEEG was the direct precursor to the SG, and the SEEG came with aux lights standard. 

Jerry ;)

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 12:20:14 PM »

OK, now you confused me.  You want your SG stripped down and clean, but when I look at your photo I'm pretty sure I see a Tour Pak on the back.  If you were truly a purist you wouldn't have that big ugly lump of plastic on the back end.   ;D

Yes, you're correct it's a personal thing and there is no single correct answer.  I made my point previously so there's no sense in beating that horse again.  Btw, the SEEG was the direct precursor to the SG, and the SEEG came with aux lights standard. 

Jerry ;)

The only time that big heavy ugly tour pak is on is when I travel long distance. Any other time that baby is hot rod show ready!

You are correct, it's personal preference. The only opinion that matters in this argument is that of the owner. Your bike, your style.  :coolblue:

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 04:23:34 PM »

That's the first this I had installed. IMHO a Harley does not look like a Harley without those 3 lights. As a kid that's all I could remember looking at and say.....that looks awesome. :2vrolijk_21:

phantomxrt

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Streetglide (Hard Candy Mercury)
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 07:56:34 PM »

:huepfenlol2:
Thanks for the replies. I was torn between the "purist" look of the bike vs the "traditional tourer" look with all three lights.  :nixweiss:
I was leaning toward Ken's view of the auxiliary lights being the way to go and then I read Mano's comment.

And it suddenly struck me. I have the same memories. All the big Harleys I coveted as a kid had those three lights across the bow. So that's what I'll do.  :2vrolijk_21:

I think it would look just as cool without, but I'll run with the auxiliary lights this time around. Thanks guys.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 08:11:36 PM »

I was leaning toward Ken's view of the auxiliary lights being the way to go and then I read Mano's comment.

I think it would look just as cool without, but I'll run with the auxiliary lights this time around. Thanks guys.

Ken is not just another pretty face. He is usually right although I do feel a Blue bike in his future!

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2014, 08:52:48 PM »

Ken is not just another pretty face. He is usually right although I do feel a Blue bike in his future!

SBB

LOL! Pretty face??? Thanks, but you REALLY need glasses, bro...

That Ultraviolet with the Molten Lava flames is durn purdy, but I wish they would have done it the other way around... too much blue and too little ORANGE! Molten Lava would be KILLER as a primary color!

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2014, 08:57:05 PM »

That Ultraviolet with the Molten Lava flames is durn purdy, but I wish they would have done it the other way around... too much blue and too little ORANGE! Molten Lava would be KILLER as a primary color!

Ken

I agree!  :2vrolijk_21:

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2014, 08:59:35 PM »

Darn, I'm late! 
I agonized about the same thing. I added the led headlight and lost my visibility in nighttime turns. That would mean that I needed to add the passing lamps so I could see at night. Just couldn't bring myself to hang them on the front though. IMHO it would ruin the styling of my bike since I'm not going for a retro look. My solution was to add the ringZ to the signals. That works for visibility and didn't mess with the styling. Those things are bright day or night! I don't ride much at night. With that said, I was out after dark while staying up in the mountains last month and the curves sucked. Couldn't see a thing in the curves with the leds. Until I can find some Velcro passing lamps that I can take off during the day and stick on at night, I'm actually thinking about putting the stock headlight back in. Unless I absolutely have to for safety, no passing lamps for me!
Besides, my buddy has them and they stay fogged up all the time anyway.
Now, about the oil you're using...... ;D
RETIRED! :fireman:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2014, 09:00:45 PM »

Ken

Sounds like Honey Badger may be on the trading block!

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

backroad Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Krypto
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2014, 09:39:18 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:    Right on the money Ken.

As for the comment about not needing them if riding during the day, I'd suggest paying close attention when you're out driving or riding around and note the huge difference in visibility between Harley's running just a single headlight and the ones running a headlight plus two spots as they approach you.  I run with my spots on 100% of the time, and I'm convinced it has been the reason I have had a huge reduction in the number of people pulling out in front of me or turning in front of me compared to when I rode bikes with a single headlight.

Jerry

This.  :2vrolijk_21:

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2014, 10:10:33 PM »

Sounds like Honey Badger may be on the trading block!

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

SBB

NOPE! As much as I'd like a Rushmore bike, I have WAAY too much money in Honey Badger, and I have her set up just the way I want her. I'd be in for another $6-7K to outfit a new one with a Tour Pak, forks, cams, pipes, tune, AUX LIGHTS, seats, etc etc etc...

Plus, Honey Badger is... well... Honey Badger!!!

Not gonna happen!

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2014, 10:30:41 PM »

NOPE! As much as I'd like a Rushmore bike, I have WAAY too much money in Honey Badger, and I have her set up just the way I want her. I'd be in for another $6-7K to outfit a new one with a Tour Pak, forks, cams, pipes, tune, AUX LIGHTS, seats, etc etc etc...

Not gonna happen!

Ken

:2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:  :2vrolijk_21:

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2014, 10:36:03 PM »

I'm with you Ken.  Passing lamps and all.  I iridescent alot at night.  No way I'm going without passing lamps. It's night and day difference  and I already know how good I look. I'll take the lamps.    Suffering is for the birds.  :P

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2014, 11:22:20 PM »

I'm with you Ken.  Passing lamps and all.  I iridescent alot at night.  No way I'm going without passing lamps. It's night and day difference  and I already know how good I look. I'll take the lamps.    Suffering is for the birds.  :P

Hey you old guys need all the extra light you can get.  :bananarock:

JustDennis

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE Light/Dark Cherry
    • CVO3: 2008 Ford F150 Harley Edition - Supercharged
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2014, 07:46:54 AM »

I read thru the posts and have to agree with those who said more light is better even during the day.  I have Aux lights on my SG.  Once installed I could clearly tell that other motorists "noticed" the bike better.  I think they really add safety during the day and at night plus I like how they look.
Ride Safe,
JustDennis

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• CVO1: 2017 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 1986 FXR Super Glide - antique, but the Evo lives on!
    • A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2014, 08:00:04 AM »

Hey you old guys need all the extra light you can get.

You got that part right Jesse! :orange: :mango: :bananarock:

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2014, 08:42:45 AM »

;D    Don't get too cocky, whippersnapper.  After 40, the years move by more and more rapidly.  It will seem like just yesterday, and suddenly you'll find you're an old fart too.

Jerry  ;)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2014, 08:49:55 AM »

;D    Don't get too cocky, whippersnapper.  After 40, the years move by more and more rapidly.  It will seem like just yesterday, and suddenly you'll find you're an old fart too.

Jerry  ;)
Haha! Well, until then it's no auxiliary lights for me!

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2014, 08:57:17 AM »

Jerry  ;)

And there is a reason that people have reached that more mature age. They were smart enough to know that riding and being seen isn't about being a poser it's about staying alive. Alive with three lights trumps the alternative. Also wearing a helmet increases the odds of reaching that age where wisdom over rides looking cool!
To get back on topic, the OP has decided to run the three lights. His bike, his decision and a good one at that!

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2014, 09:03:09 AM »

And there is a reason that people have reached that more mature age. They were smart enough to know that riding and being seen isn't about being a poser it's about staying alive. Alive with three lights trumps the alternative. Also wearing a helmet increases the odds of reaching that age where wisdom over rides looking cool!
To get back on topic, the OP has decided to run the three lights. His bike, his decision and a good one at that!

SBB

Shouldn't you be eating?

I find it ironic that a guy that can't have the discipline to take care of his personal health through exercise and proper diet has the gall to give out safety advice.

At least when you stroke out you'll have extra lights and a helmet smart guy!

Jesse
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 09:07:40 AM by Jswerve »

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2014, 09:27:43 AM »

Hey why can't we all get along?........  :huepfenlol2:

Just my .02 but the Motolight is the best compromise for those looking for increased visibility but not hurt the "looking cool" image.
http://www.motolight.com/motorcycle-lights

(FYI their website says they offer 10% off to veteran military, police and fire personnel still)

To paraphrase an old saying about pilots :
You have old bikers and bold bikers but you don't have too many old bold bikers.... :huepfenlol2:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2014, 09:34:21 AM »

Just my .02 but the Motolight is the best compromise for those looking for increased visibility but not hurt the "looking cool" image.

(FYI their website says they offer 10% off to veteran military, police and fire personnel still)

You have old bikers and bold bikers but you don't have too many old bold bikers.... :huepfenlol2:

Haha oh my "buddy" Chip and I are just playing, right Chip?  :P

Thanks for the tip on the veteran discount.  :2vrolijk_21:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2014, 09:40:59 AM »

I have the Motolights on the SEUC.

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2014, 09:48:56 AM »

Haha oh my "buddy" Chip and I are just playing, right Chip?  :P

Thanks for the tip on the veteran discount.  :2vrolijk_21:

No playing on my part.
Your just like someones kid that parents try to help but the kid is not smart enough to understand that so they lash out and be rude.
Hopefully your time will not come that those extra lights or helmet saves the farm.
I sure hope so anyway.

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2014, 09:55:59 AM »

FYI their website says they offer 10% off to veteran military, police and fire personnel still

Motolights offers 10% to CVO forum members who don't meet the above criteria as well, but you have to call them as their web sales isn't set up for the discount. It would be wise to call them anyway if placing an order to verify correct parts and any accessories you may want/need. They are quite knowledgeable on fitment for their products and familiar with our bikes. From my experience, caliper mounted Motolights are a terrific safety factor for visibility to oncoming cages.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2014, 10:22:43 AM »

Motolights offers 10% to CVO forum members who don't meet the above criteria as well, but you have to call them as their web sales isn't set up for the discount. It would be wise to call them anyway if placing an order to verify correct parts and any accessories you may want/need. They are quite knowledgeable on fitment for their products and familiar with our bikes. From my experience, caliper mounted Motolights are a terrific safety factor for visibility to oncoming cages.

Kiro

I also use the Custom Dynamics Ringz. Except in states where there is a limit having a lot of light is a good thing.

SBB
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 10:24:49 AM by SBB »

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2014, 10:47:07 AM »

Sooooooooooo, getting back to aux lights or not.

I'm torn on this as well, about 50/50. It's sort of a love/hate relationship for me. I don't have them on my bike probably because of just the cost to see if I would still like them.

As far as safety goes I think there are two basic types of riders. There are the ones, like a few of my friends, who ride around looking at the scenery and there are the ones, like me, that ride around watching the rode and other drivers (car, motorcycle, horse, dog).

I am a very firm believer that those who ride for the scenery are much more likely to have an accident than those who enjoy watching the road and the drivers around them.

Front to Back - Side to Side.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2014, 10:59:02 AM »

I also use the Custom Dynamics Ringz. Except in states where there is a limit having a lot of light is a good thing.

Yes - they look good and are much brighter. I rode behind a guy with Custom Dynamics LED's on the rear of his bike recently to check them out. I'll be getting pairs for the front/rear as a winter mod and will probably replace the brake light with LED's as well. This appears to be a better alternative than mounting additional lights on the back of the bike. Thanks for pointing this out...

I am a very firm believer that those who ride for the scenery are much more likely to have an accident than those who enjoy watching the road and the drivers around them.

I don't disagree with this, but in my years of riding I didn't worry as much about my wrecking the bike as I did some inattentive/distracted cage turning in front of me or creating some other hazardous circumstance that you need to react to. Any rider who isn't always watching the road with better than good situational awareness is at risk...

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »

Yes - they look good and are much brighter. I rode behind a guy with Custom Dynamics LED's on the rear of his bike recently to check them out. I'll be getting pairs for the front/rear as a winter mod and will probably replace the brake light with LED's as well. This appears to be a better alternative than mounting additional lights on the back of the bike. Thanks for pointing this out...

I don't disagree with this, but in my years of riding I didn't worry as much about my wrecking the bike as I did some inattentive/distracted cage turning in front of me or creating some other hazardous circumstance that you need to react to. Any rider who isn't always watching the road with better than good situational awareness is at risk...

Do the Custom Dynamics Ringz replace the entire turn signal innards? And do they require a load equalizer on a '12 SESG?

Yes, riding a motorcycle is an increasingly dangerous activity… but I agree about being more concerned about all of the idiots in cages not paying attention, talking on their cell phones, dealing with kids, etc. and not ever seeing you before they take you out.

Nobody rides well enough to avoid some moron turning right in front of you. Those of us who have been riding for more than a few years have had our share of close calls. I have had three such incidents in my riding career… the latest of which was a fool in a Tahoe in 2009  (IIRC...) who suddenly jerked left without even signaling to get into the left turn lane as I was passing him on the left. My wife was riding right behind me and thought she was going to see her husband die right in front of her! I slammed on the brakes and moved the bike left, then he saw me and moved back over into his lane, then cut in front of me AGAIN and moved into the left turn lane with me behind him. If it hadn't been for the crash-avoidance skills I've developed through years of riding, I would've been dead.

And yes, that bike had aux lights on it! And as I finally passed the careless moron, he got the middle-finger salute!

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2014, 11:48:23 AM »

And yes, that bike had aux lights on it! And as I finally passed the careless moron, he got the middle-finger salute!

Ken

Atta boy Ken!  :2vrolijk_21:

kiro

• 1K CVO Member
    • ME

• A Shot in the Dark
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2014, 12:11:51 PM »

Do the Custom Dynamics Ringz replace the entire turn signal innards? And do they require a load equalizer on a '12 SESG?

Ken - yes on the Custom Dynamics LED lights replacing the turn signal innards, you pull the bulb and install them in lieu. Their website has information about the load equalizer. They indicate my bike probably doesn't need one, but my understanding from talking to people is anything older than 2014/15 you should plan on buying one because they'll flash to quickly otherwise and equalization will be required.

LOL - unfortunately, auxiliary lighting or nothing else can save one from stupidity exhibited by others on the road, like cars cutting you off or turning in your travel path. I've had several close calls as well, but thankfully, none too recent - a real scare can be life changing... Bad things can happen even if another driver sees you and is aware you are there. There's no treatment for a lack of common sense behind the wheel. I do think auxiliary lighting helps one to be more visible though. 

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2014, 12:33:30 PM »

Ken - yes on the Custom Dynamics LED lights replacing the turn signal innards, you pull the bulb and install them in lieu. Their website has information about the load equalizer. They indicate my bike probably doesn't need one, but my understanding from talking to people is anything older than 2014/15 you should plan on buying one because they'll flash to quickly otherwise and equalization will be required.

LOL - unfortunately, auxiliary lighting or nothing else can save one from stupidity exhibited by others on the road, like cars cutting you off or turning in your travel path. I've had several close calls as well, but thankfully, none too recent - a real scare can be life changing... Bad things can happen even if another driver sees you and is aware you are there. There's no treatment for a lack of common sense behind the wheel. I do think auxiliary lighting helps one to be more visible though.

Thanks, Kiro. I am looking on the CD site now at the plug and play Dynamic Ringz inserts. Looks like they have a plug and play load equalizer made especially for our CVOs - their SS8 Signal Stabilizer. Plugs right into the rear harness where the big connector is on the rear fender under the seat on my bike. The Ringz and SS8 are $153.85 shipped... not a bad price for better turn signal visibility.

I would like to find a better lighting solution for the rear of my bike when the Tour Pak is not on. Those "Cadillac" LED lights in the CVO rear fascia are the only lights back there, and they just aren't very bright... but I sure don't want to bolt on some big ass light on the fender!

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2014, 02:20:21 PM »

Not gonna happen!

Ken

My sentiments exactly, and I almost pulled the trigger on a 15... :2vrolijk_21:

Be careful who you call old. I made that assumtion my first year to MV and tried to get behind an "old Guy" and his BSR on a ride at MV'10and got smoked... A valuable lesson in the CVO Group...

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 02:25:38 PM by dooinit2u »

OlDog

• Full CVO Member
  • The Mistress 4
    • AB

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond crimson tags. Stage one with V&H slip on ovals. Rider backrest.
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2014, 02:47:18 PM »

Kuryakyn has a set of aux lights as well. Small bullet ones which form part of the signal lights.
Kuryakyn Driving Lights

Item #: 102721
not as obtrusive to the "clean " look of the SG. imho

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2014, 03:23:39 PM »

GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2014, 04:28:32 PM »

My sentiments exactly, and I almost pulled the trigger on a 15... :2vrolijk_21:

Be careful who you call old. I made that assumtion my first year to MV and tried to get behind an "old Guy" and his BSR on a ride at MV'10and got smoked... A valuable lesson in the CVO Group...

LOL!  There's an "old guy" on this site (name withheld by demand request) who used to have a '10 Tequila SESG, but who now happily rides a tricked-out Tri Glide Ultra that may or may not have been previously owned by me and my wife.

This gentleman rides like a grandpa on two wheels… but rides like a freakin' MANIAC on three. I have tried and failed to keep up with him in the twisties on that damned trike! I suspect that few here could keep up with him on that thing, either…

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

stevehd

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2014, 05:35:54 PM »

Thanks, Kiro. I am looking on the CD site now at the plug and play Dynamic Ringz inserts. Looks like they have a plug and play load equalizer made especially for our CVOs - their SS8 Signal Stabilizer. Plugs right into the rear harness where the big connector is on the rear fender under the seat on my bike. The Ringz and SS8 are $153.85 shipped... not a bad price for better turn signal visibility.

Between the Trucklite head light and passing light and the Dynamic Ringz I have noticed cars and trucks not pulling out in front of me as much.  I had an issue with the first SS8 I received but they replaced it and sent a postage paid return label along with the replacement.  I first saw the Dynamic Ringz on a pair of Ultras (might have been CVO Ultras) that caught up with me in traffic, the lights on the Dynamic Ringz were the first thing I noticed.
2012 Ruby Red and Typhoon Maroon FLHXSE-3
2014 Black Fxsb
2006 Big Dog Mastiff
1992 Yamaha FL-1200

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2014, 05:43:31 PM »

Between the Trucklite head light and passing light and the Dynamic Ringz I have noticed cars and trucks not pulling out in front of me as much.  I had an issue with the first SS8 I received but they replaced it and sent a postage paid return label along with the replacement.  I first saw the Dynamic Ringz on a pair of Ultras (might have been CVO Ultras) that caught up with me in traffic, the lights on the Dynamic Ringz were the first thing I noticed.

Good to hear! I also have the Truck Lite P7 headlight and aux lights... and I have the Dynamic Ringz on order. I also ordered CD's brake light modulator for my bike and for my wife's little Ninja 650. Maybe those will help get the attention of distracted cagers behind us when we hit the brakes...

Ken

The Wizard's Tune

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2014, 09:37:15 PM »

I had the CD Ringz on my 11 CVO SG with the load equalizer, a very nice additiion to the LED headlight. My buddy has them as well on his RG, he likes to ride in the back. One quick glance in the mirror and I pick him up immediatley, its the LED Headlight and CD Ringz turn signals, they really stand out.

brassspike

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2014, 10:16:35 PM »

Darn, I'm late! 
I agonized about the same thing. I added the led headlight and lost my visibility in nighttime turns. That would mean that I needed to add the passing lamps so I could see at night. Just couldn't bring myself to hang them on the front though. IMHO it would ruin the styling of my bike since I'm not going for a retro look. My solution was to add the ringZ to the signals. That works for visibility and didn't mess with the styling. Those things are bright day or night! I don't ride much at night. With that said, I was out after dark while staying up in the mountains last month and the curves sucked. Couldn't see a thing in the curves with the leds. Until I can find some Velcro passing lamps that I can take off during the day and stick on at night, I'm actually thinking about putting the stock headlight back in. Unless I absolutely have to for safety, no passing lamps for me!
Besides, my buddy has them and they stay fogged up all the time anyway.

Now, about the oil you're using...... ;D
They are so bright that, at night and before the headlight change, I was getting bright lighted by oncoming cars! I'd say they are more intense than the passing lamps. It's a shame they don't add a thing to nighttime cornering vision.
RETIRED! :fireman:

hdnitro

• www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2014, 08:32:53 AM »

My bike came with the auxiliary  lights already fitted.He also upgraded the headlight with the LED headlight.He said he drove around with them on permanently so he was more visible.I see no reason to not take his advice and I now do the same.I personally like them on my bike as well.
There are only 3 sports in this world.Bullfighting,mountain climbing,and motorsport.The rest are merely games. Ernest Hemingway.
Racing is life.Everything before and after is just waiting time.
Steve McQueen.

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2014, 05:16:25 PM »

Thanks for the replies. I was torn between the "purist" look of the bike vs the "traditional tourer" look with all three lights.  :nixweiss:

And it suddenly struck me. I have the same memories. All the big Harleys I coveted as a kid had those three lights across the bow. So that's what I'll do.  :2vrolijk_21:

:2vrolijk_21: :bananarock:

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2014, 07:56:58 PM »

When I saw Ken's, I knew I had to have them. It got added to Scarlett before she left the store. I gained the LED lights later and they make a World of difference. I ride at night quite a bit, lol.
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus Antique Gunstock, Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner,V&H True Duals, Turn Down Slip Ons, Windsplitter Windscreen, Mustang Solo Seat, AK-20's, Penske Shocks, WO 575's
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2014, 08:03:41 PM »

I've got the passing lamps & don't ride without them being on, I figure the more lights the better.
I also have the Dynamic Ringz & I really like them, they're really bright & easily seen.

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus Antique Gunstock, Screamin' Eagle Pro Super Tuner,V&H True Duals, Turn Down Slip Ons, Windsplitter Windscreen, Mustang Solo Seat, AK-20's, Penske Shocks, WO 575's
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2014, 08:07:08 PM »

Here's a photo of where I installed my load equalizer for the Dynamic Ringz, notice the blue under the brace between the rear fender & the battery box.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2014, 08:56:19 PM »

Here's a photo of where I installed my load equalizer for the Dynamic Ringz, notice the blue under the brace between the rear fender & the battery box.

What does that load equalizer plug into?

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2014, 09:02:06 PM »

Jesse, there is a plug where the rear harness joins the rest of the harness. In other words, you plug the front harness into the in side of the equalizer & plug the rear harness into the out side of the equalizer & then the equalizer has to be attached to the battery.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2014, 09:04:08 PM »

Jesse, there is a plug where the rear harness joins the rest of the harness. In other words, you plug the front harness into the in side of the equalizer & plug the rear harness into the out side of the equalizer & then the equalizer has to be attached to the battery.

I think that's the same plug I tap into with a Y connector for my tour pak led light bar?

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2014, 09:07:24 PM »

Might be.......you thinking about getting front LED's?

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2014, 09:11:32 PM »

Might be.......you thinking about getting front LED's?

My plan has always been to add the dynamic ringz to my Phase 7 headlamp. Love the look and the added light. Just adding the LED headlamp has greatly reduced the amount of ppl pulling or almost pulling out in front of me. Never liked the look of non led bulbs (the turn signals) mixed with LED.

WVHoop

• Full CVO Member
  • 2012FLHXSE3

« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2014, 09:19:52 PM »

I don't have a LED headlight or passing lamps but I was really shocked at how bright that those little turn signal lights are. All of my friends say that when we ride that they can easily pick me out in the crowd so apparently they are distinct. Maybe this winter I'll do the others in LED's but that's a lot of change. Does it ever end with these things? :nixweiss:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2014, 09:26:09 PM »

I don't have a LED headlight or passing lamps but I was really shocked at how bright that those little turn signal lights are. All of my friends say that when we ride that they can easily pick me out in the crowd so apparently they are distinct. Maybe this winter I'll do the others in LED's but that's a lot of change. Does it ever end with these things? :nixweiss:

NO! lol  :coolblue:

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2014, 10:29:02 PM »

I had the Rings..  No comparison to the led passing lamps,,,  you are only fooling yourself to think they are even close.  Just saying.  Stuart.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: October 15, 2014, 11:02:04 PM »

I had the Rings..  No comparison to the led passing lamps,,,  you are only fooling yourself to think they are even close.  Just saying.  Stuart.
I'm not doing it for added light.  I don't like the look of incandescent bulbs mixed with the led headlight.  I could care less about added light let the helmet and light police worry about that ;)

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #68 on: October 15, 2014, 11:44:27 PM »

It's gonna be a real rats' nest on Honey Badger! I am getting CD's brake modulator, too. It will also daisy-chain into that connector in the big harness on the rear fender... after the load equalizer.

While I was ordering that stuff from CD, I also ordered a set of their little battery connection blocks that will connect up to four accessory wires with only a single wire to the battery. They are fused with a 15 amp inline fuse. I have a stack of connections to my battery already, and I don't even remember what they are all for! The equalizer will add one more. The blocks will move all of those wire connections away from the battery, except for the Battery Tender wires. That will clean things up a BIT in there.

Ken
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:47:15 PM by North Georgia Hawg »

The Wizard's Tune

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2014, 10:07:47 PM »

Yep, wish I could have gotten the turns in LED too, but HD doesn't make them. That's why I just went with the chrome rings and the Grey instead of Amber.
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2014, 04:59:34 PM »

Might I suggest, buy the dynamic rings and install, then give your bike a day or so of "learning" the new turn signals.  Mine ended up not needing the device, whatever it's called, stabalizer or ??

More in a few min once I edit the photos.

Greg
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• Wichitagreg
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2014, 05:27:10 PM »

Just installed the 7 inch trucklite from an eBay seller, about $160 delivered.  Got the dynamic ringz from an Amazon seller for about $75.

Streetglide headlight has a y-cable of some sort, but the H4 plug is all you need, just remove the Y or leave it in the fairing.

Install was straightforward.  No gimmicks, no "holding your mouth right" just take out the old and put in the new.

I also installed the Harley frenched or deep trim ring.  Again, no proiblems encountered.  It goes on over the stock trim ring.  Install light, tighten bracket.  Install single screw in stock trim ring loosely, remove screw in deep trim ring and slip over stock, put the crack at the bottom so you can get a small screwdriver on the stock trim ring screw, tighten, but don't Gorilla it.  Push new trim ring together at the crack and insert screw and tighten till crack is flush.

Dynamic Rings go in the stock bullet turn signal housings, just insert the 1157 plug in the hold and twist.  Then feed the wire in a coil behind and snap on the lens.

Turn on 4-ways, each turn signal several times and it will soon stop with the fast blink, at least mine did.

One of the easier mods I've done.  About an hour, but I took my outer fairing off thinking I needed to to remove the y-cable (you don't).
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
AKA r0de_runr

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2014, 05:32:21 PM »

Just installed the 7 inch trucklite from an eBay seller, about $160 delivered.  Got the dynamic ringz from an Amazon seller for about $75.

Streetglide headlight has a y-cable of some sort, but the H4 plug is all you need, just remove the Y or leave it in the fairing.

Install was straightforward.  No gimmicks, no "holding your mouth right" just take out the old and put in the new.

I also installed the Harley frenched or deep trim ring.  Again, no proiblems encountered.  It goes on over the stock trim ring.  Install light, tighten bracket.  Install single screw in stock trim ring loosely, remove screw in deep trim ring and slip over stock, put the crack at the bottom so you can get a small screwdriver on the stock trim ring screw, tighten, but don't Gorilla it.  Push new trim ring together at the crack and insert screw and tighten till crack is flush.

Dynamic Rings go in the stock bullet turn signal housings, just insert the 1157 plug in the hold and twist.  Then feed the wire in a coil behind and snap on the lens.

Turn on 4-ways, each turn signal several times and it will soon stop with the fast blink, at least mine did.

One of the easier mods I've done.  About an hour, but I took my outer fairing off thinking I needed to to remove the y-cable (you don't).

I wouldn't go anywhere without my Phase 7 headlamp. Interesting that you didn't need the load equalizer...

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2014, 08:55:18 PM »

Passing lamps on the front balance the bike and they definitely have the benefit of cars pulling out in front of me less often.  I can't be all wrong, after all I did get first place and a nice trophy  :pepper:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2014, 09:02:28 PM »

Passing lamps on the front balance the bike and they definitely have the benefit of cars pulling out in front of me less often.  I can't be all wrong, after all I did get first place and a nice trophy  :pepper:

Judy

Just remember next year your in charge!

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• Wichitagreg
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2014, 03:56:19 PM »

I wouldn't go anywhere without my Phase 7 headlamp. Interesting that you didn't need the load equalizer...

I stand corrected, I do need the equalizer.  Signals worked or blinked fast ranfomly.  Installed the inexpensive kury resistor in the fsiring, splicef into the wires.
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
AKA r0de_runr

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2014, 04:21:09 PM »

I stand corrected, I do need the equalizer.  Signals worked or blinked fast ranfomly.  Installed the inexpensive kury resistor in the fsiring, splicef into the wires.
Good to know.

stevehd

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2014, 06:02:21 PM »

I tried not using an equalizer with the same experience with the random  fast blink of the turn signals.  I spliced a Kuryakyn equalizer in and still had some issues.  I got the SS8 module from Custom Dynamics and had no issues in over two hours riding today.
2012 Ruby Red and Typhoon Maroon FLHXSE-3
2014 Black Fxsb
2006 Big Dog Mastiff
1992 Yamaha FL-1200

kalikali

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2015, 03:25:34 PM »

So people are taking out the daymaker and replacing it with trucker lights? Any links to these trucker lights? You would think spending 35k on a Harley they would  put some decent lights on it.  I purchased a 2015 SG Mercury and was disappointed by the lights at night, I do like the minimalist look of the SG but definitely need to improve the lighting.

The guys who made the changes do you mind posting some night shots of your current setup, especially with the trucker lights.
thanks

BTW, on Custom Dynamic sight it says the 2015 CVO models do not need the equalizer.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 03:27:32 PM by kalikali »

LovemyCVOgirl

• SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2015, 09:34:38 PM »

I have the trucker lights and they are a HUGH improvement over the stock lights!

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2015, 09:17:41 AM »

I bought a Streetglide, not an Ultra.

Given that I ride at night only about 1% of the time it is hard to justify the cost anyway. Plus, my high beams work pretty darn good.

kalikali

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2015, 10:39:39 AM »

68 XLCH

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2015, 11:38:05 AM »

I put the passing lights on my SGS out of necessity.  Country roads at night.  At first I didn't like the look that much.  But with the Custom Dynamic turn signals and then i put the curved trim rings on the passing lights, look finally got me, but different strokes.  I transferred the lights to the CVO and will put some pictures up at the end of the week.

While ridding at night presents a few challenges, with the proper lighting, awareness, it can be very comfortable, (cooler) and very enjoyable.  And I try to ride at least once every two weeks at night, i believe in keeping up the night proficiency.  Bottom line don't do it if you aren't comfortable and don't do it unless you have the lights and they are adjusted correctly.
2015 CVO Street Glide Hard Candy Merc/Smoky Qtz Flames, Stage 1, Fulsac pipes, V&H 450's, Passing Lights, CD front turn Signals.

Retired Army and State Police

LovemyCVOgirl

• SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2015, 01:02:09 PM »

Are these the lights?

http://www.amazon.com/Truck-Lite-27270C-Headlamp/dp/B007K8AA7I

Yes, this is the same headlamp on my SG.  It is also the same one Kuryakan sells for 3X more.

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.397 seconds with 24 queries.