Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First Ride!  (Read 2596 times)

neanderpaul

• Full CVO Member
  • Green Bikes = Bad Luck? Give 'Em All To Me!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FXR3
    • Neanderpaul Dot Com
First Ride!
« on: March 19, 2005, 08:03:58 PM »

Well...the bike was delivered this AM, and not 30 minutes after coming off the truck was I in the wind. This is not my first experience riding a Harley, but is my first on an FXR. So far, it's everything everyone said it would be. I feel the foot pegs vibrate a little during the power band, but it's expected.

I will say I was a bit scared at first when it was smoking a little at a red light...until I realized it was the WD 40 the shop treated it with to reduce rust oxidation during storage just burning off the fins.

First stop...the local metric shop across from the local Boston HD to meet up with my bud who was picking up his very first bike. (a 2003 VTX 1800...beautiful bike if anyone's into them) then over to the HD guys to snag a nice fork lock. Then...on to the Mass Pike to open 'er up for the first time. I'm not sure if I like the highway pegs or not. We'll see.

87 miles later, I'm home. Would've stayed out longer, but I've already neglected the wife and puppy today. there will be more days, but I'm stoked to finally OWN my own HD. I've always borrowed...Funny...my buddy wondered why all the Road Glides going the other way would only nod at me, and not him. I explained to him that he's got a great ride, but is a member of a different club. The patrons at his dealership looked at me and my ride with disdain. He understood.

Spring is tomorrow....rain and flurries in the forecast. Dammit!
'99 FXR3
'05 15th Ann. LE Fat Boy
'19 RAM Rebel

neanderpaul

• Full CVO Member
    • AZ

• Neanderpaul Dot Com
Because I know someone will ask
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 08:14:42 PM »

Ta Daaaaaa!

'99 FXR3
'05 15th Ann. LE Fat Boy
'19 RAM Rebel

neanderpaul

• Full CVO Member
    • AZ

• Neanderpaul Dot Com
Re: First Ride!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 08:15:34 PM »

That was quite undewhelming eh?

<<picture retarded.
'99 FXR3
'05 15th Ann. LE Fat Boy
'19 RAM Rebel

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 09:20:37 PM »

neanderpaul, I enjoyed reading your post.  Sounds like you and your buddy had a great time today.  This is what biking's all about to me, even if there is something lost in the translation between H-D to metric and vice versa.  I guess that's where the saying, "If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand" came from.

I just paid my SEEG off a little over a week ago, so it's the first Harley I've owned (vs. owed), also.  It is a great feeling isn't it?

Take care and have fun with the new FXR!

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 10:09:21 PM »

there will be more days, but I'm stoked to finally OWN my own HD. my buddy wondered why all the Road Glides going the other way would only nod at me, and not him. I explained to him that he's got a great ride, but is a member of a different club. He understood.Spring is tomorrow....rain and flurries in the forecast. Dammit!

Somethings can only be understood in the moment. I am so very happy you shared.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2005, 10:09:56 PM by Mrs._WeCVO »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 02:30:33 AM »

That was quite undewhelming eh?

<<picture retarded.

I thought you were just screwing with the guy with the new glasses  [smiley=cool2.gif]

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 25 queries.