Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Gerbing / HD heated gear  (Read 17590 times)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: Gerbing / HD heated gear
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2013, 05:34:50 PM »

Photo of receiver unit in pocket of Gerbing jacket.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2013, 05:36:58 PM »

Photo of connection setup on inside of jacket. Wires come through small hole cut in pocket. It's easier than you think.

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2013, 05:44:34 PM »

I just let the thing hang.  I'm not cutting a hole in the pocket.
The best you've had is the best you know.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2013, 12:40:25 AM »

The new Gerbing jacket (red collar) has a small pocket on the inside of the left side. I recieved the Powerelet wireless reciever today and I think it will fit in that small pocket where the wires come out. Not sure why the 1 wire is longer though. 
Alan

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2013, 09:20:27 AM »

Does the Gerbing jacket liner have the "loops" to attach to the FXRG jackets like the removable FXRG jacket liner??
no, no loops. But it works great with the  FXRG jacket. Very warm.

I have the Harley/Gerbing version and it has all the loops except for the sleeve ends. Soon as my wife figures out how I am going to have her sew in button holes.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2013, 12:04:05 AM »

fits perfect under my FXRG jacket. Takes up about the same amount of room as the liner does. I never used the loops on the liner either because of the weather out here I use/not use it both on the same day often so too much of a pain putting the loops on that I didn't think was necessary anyway.
Alan

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2013, 03:17:52 AM »

I have a question which might be very stupid but now that i have synced everything up when I plug in the jacket to the power and the controller is off, there will be no power correct? The reason I ask is because I thought I had synced the controller to the receiver  but noticed that when I turned the controller off I still had heat. When I read the instructions I saw that the unit will power to 1/3 power until units are synced. I synced it again and I think it worked because when I turned the dial on the controller off, the red light on the receiver stopped blinking. I am assuming that now that it is synced, the power will not come on when plugged in until I turn the controller on?
Alan

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2013, 11:43:49 PM »

Yea, it was a stupid question.. Sorry. Went out today and it all worked perfect. It was around 35 degrees when i left this morning and I put the jacket liner on around 75% and was dying (hot) after about 10 minutes. I was already on the freeway on my way to my brother in laws and didn't want to be late so I just kept going. Had fully sweat thru my undershirt by the time I got there. Figured out the right level and loved it the rest of the day including going up in the mountains late in the day where it was down around 28 degrees and I was perfect until we stopped to walk around for gas and a break. Funny I couldn't wait to get back "in the wind" where I could plug in and warm up...
Great stuff! Installing the mid frame air deflector next week with the Gerbing power supply on it (the real reason I am putting them on) which will make it all very convenient.
Another mod thanks to this forum! Thanks to all
Alan

jimcb1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2014, 02:52:35 PM »

if the Powerlet wireless dual controller is in your pocket how do you adjust it when riding

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2014, 08:32:48 PM »

Got my new Powerlet wireless controller today and they solved the problem of too much wire. They cut it off and shorted the two wires that plug into the jacket. They are only 4 inches long. Too short to go in the pocket and reach the plug-ins.  So I just doubled it back on itself and zip tied it to the wires and it hangs there.  Very compact and nice. Now I just have to find a good spot for the rheostat. Thinking of the glove box somehow.  I don't want it on the outside of the bike attached with velcro because in my world if would fall off somehow.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2014, 12:31:47 PM »

Had a pleasant surprise today.  I read all the comments about the gloves being too hot and needing to be turned down half way. Mine always needed to be on high and even then they  :pineapple:were just warm.  I called Gerbing and sent them in for testing. I figured they may have to replace a wire or something. Well, today I received a package in the mail with a new pair of G-3 gloves!!!  Put a smile on my face and gives Gerbing many kudos in my opinion.  Great company when they stand behind their stuff like that.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2014, 12:10:04 AM »

Got my new Powerlet wireless controller today and they solved the problem of too much wire. They cut it off and shorted the two wires that plug into the jacket. They are only 4 inches long. Too short to go in the pocket and reach the plug-ins.  So I just doubled it back on itself and zip tied it to the wires and it hangs there.  Very compact and nice. Now I just have to find a good spot for the rheostat. Thinking of the glove box somehow.  I don't want it on the outside of the bike attached with velcro because in my world if would fall off somehow.
I did the hard plastic velcro under the left handlebar switch housing that seems to hold better but wrap the Powerlet thru its own strap that will catch it if it falls. I did knock it off once on the freeway (almost gave me a heart attack) and the strap caught it fine until I could pull over. Strap feels very strong and don't think it could break without ripping it very hard. When not in use, you can't see the black plastic velcro unless you duck under and look up right at it.
Alan

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2014, 09:28:44 AM »

Great idea, I'll look into it this weekend. Thanks,

jimcb1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2014, 11:15:53 AM »

don't you think the dual permanent mount would be better

JustDennis

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE Light/Dark Cherry
    • CVO3: 2008 Ford F150 Harley Edition - Supercharged
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2014, 11:22:48 AM »

if the Powerlet wireless dual controller is in your pocket how do you adjust it when riding
For awhile I used Velcro attached to top of dash to keep the controller available while riding. After a few rides I know where to set it so drop in my pocket now. Could mount with Velcro if needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ride Safe,
JustDennis
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 24 queries.